User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-19-2003, 02:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default What shocked/surprised you?

Okay, we did fave LB moments...now, what on this tour, shocked or surprised you the most about Lindsey? Do you think his guitar playing has improved or gotten worse (Don't MAKE me come out there! )? Perhaps you were surprised at his vocals or his antics on stage.

The thing that REALLY took me by surprise was his voice. The fact that he "broke" his voice so much and how strong his vocals were on "Say Goodbye", which REALLY touched my heart, really made the concerts even GREATER than they already were. I remember closing my eyes during SG and just really listening to his voice, it was perfect, every note was flawless and full of emotion. He REALLY showcases his voice on that song.
Old 12-19-2003, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

ITA - his voice is good in SG.

The thing that kind of shocked me was the affection/chemistry/love/whatever he and SN clearly still share on whatever leve (no I am not going there ). It clearly shows throught in the energy of the performance. In the four shows I saw and at the PBS Soundstage thingee, he acted as if he was a school aged kid in love. It was wonderful to see that much energy. He also had that energy solo at the PBS Soundstage thingee.

Also, I was shocked at how many guitars he has (I saw the racks up close in Chicago). They are just beautiful.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 12-19-2003, 07:16 PM
trackaghost
This message has been deleted by trackaghost.
Old 12-19-2003, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation BWAH!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by trackaghost
I loved playing the guitar too, I mean how cool was that? Some guitarists couldn't bear the thought of all those peole touching and potentially damaging their instrument (hehe this sounds like innuendo ) but Lindsey was actually saying to us "go on play it, it's alright, go ahead and play it!" ( once again stop thinking dirty thoughts people - although he may have said that to Stevie in the past too!).

I was shocked most at how flirtatious he is with fans! And Kristen was right there on the side of the stage too, and there he was giving sexy looks and pouting at female fans. He is a naughty boy!
He had to practically FORCE people at some shows to play his Model One!! I would have DIED if he'd actually grabbed someone's hand and went "STRUM IT!!!!!" I mean, geez, I have ZERO shame when I go to concerts...all walls are down, I'm screaming, clapping, singing and thanks to front row...INTERACTING with the guitarist/lead singer!!!! AAAAHHHH!!! Awesome!!!

I'm sure Kristen is fine with his flirting...I mean, she's on child #3 for goodness sakes!! LOL She knows who he's going home with at the end of the day. Hehe...lucky gal.
Old 12-19-2003, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Well, his amazing guitar playing came as no surprise to me. His vocals were also not a surprise either.
I just think that his energy and interaction with the crowd was what really amazed me the most. The first show that I got to see in Cleveland really blew me away with all of his energy and antics.

The fact that he remembers people that have been to more then one show impressed me. When he pointed at me at the second LA show I was like "OMG he does know me" LOL.

I really did not know what to expect from him on this tour but he has been the highlight of all of the Mac shows that I have been to this past year. If it was not for him I really think that I would not have attended quite so many shows.

Thank You Lindsey!!!

PS: He is very soft spoken in person and that's if he can actually talk to you. LOL

Last edited by WelshWitchPMD; 12-20-2003 at 12:14 AM..
Old 12-21-2003, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would have to say that his level of enjoyment shocked me the most. I've never seen him enjoying himself SO much onstage; he's really feeding off of the crowd and he knows that he is the star this time around! He's simply fabulous on this tour!!!

Old 12-22-2003, 11:50 AM
Ledgie

I went to the concert with my husband and four friends. One of my friends said afterwards that she couldn't remember LB being so manic during solos and so mad with his guitars. My husband said he couldn't remember Lindsey's hair being so big! When Lindsey's image came up on the TV screen, with the lighting behind him he looked like he had enormous hair! My hubby, quick as a flash, said, "Oh dear, looks like Lindsey Buckingham couldn't make it; they've brought in Art Garfunkel!"

Angela
x
Old 12-22-2003, 12:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by AngelaM
"Oh dear, looks like Lindsey Buckingham couldn't make it; they've brought in Art Garfunkel!"

Angela
x

Old 12-22-2003, 12:34 PM
Senior Ledgie

The SYW tour is the first time I've seen FM live, and I was totally captivated by Lindsey. I mean, I liked him before, but after seeing him live, I LOVE him! I wrote up a review for nicksfix after the show, and I said something like "Lindsey is the hardest working man in the music business," because he was amazing. That's what surprised me the most: he was just so energetic and clearly enjoying the show. He only left the stage one time during the entire show, and he was giving it everything he's got. I felt like he wanted to make sure we got our money's worth. It was quite expensive, but it was truly worth every penny to me. I hope Lindsey knows how much his fans appreciate his efforts, on stage and in the studio. He is GREAT!!
Old 01-02-2004, 12:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is going to sound like a light hearted reply to this question, but still...I only went to one concert..Earls Court no.1...but what surprised me most was the fact that these people just don't take a break!!! Lindsey in particular no sooner was one guitar off, and another was put on, then so started a new song!!! I didn't have time to breathe from having sung my socks off..to having to sing to another...it was nuts!!! Haha. I didn't have time to even think about what I'd just listened too either and absorb it all in
His voice, his playing and his antics were all great as I expected, but please LB, give us a break inbetween songs so that we can catch our breath!!
Old 01-03-2004, 07:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was surprised that he carries so much of the vocal on Say You Will & comes in so powerfully on the "that you love because you become someone else in an instant" line. I love his part there.

I was surprised at how knocked out he seems by the crowd response. It's endearing.

I was also surprised at how playful he is with the people in front of him. I don't mean "flirting" with girls, but interacting with everybody... guys, girls, old, young, whatever. He just really seems to be having fun. You don't notice it from a distance, but whenever the spotlights are off of him he's looking down, talking to people, etc. & as someone else mentioned, it's cool that he remembers people, even days or weeks between shows.

& I was surprised by how sincerely he watches the others, like when he sits down and takes in Mick's drum solo, or looks over at Stevie singing during that little break in Landslide. As if after all these years, he's a fan of his bandmates, too. I guess it could be just another part of "the show," but Lindsey is not an actor. I like to believe all that stuff is genuine, even night after night.

Little stuff like that, mostly. I already knew he was a phenemenal performer .
Old 01-05-2004, 12:21 PM
Ledgie

Location: where FM, blink-182, norah jones, the shins, white stripes & cursive hang out!

lindsey has a magnificent voice live. it's more powerful than i'd have imagined, and yes, his "say goodbye" delivery was flawless. pretty and bittersweet.

lindsey's a phenomenal guitarist. his fingers are so fast that i can't keep up with him. my aunt in england who took me to his concert said he's never been better! he has a nice physique, beautiful blue eyes, strong forearms and exudes a lot of sex appeal ! i enjoy his "turtledoving" with ms. nicks and his fan flirtiness!

he has boundless energy! it's nice to know he never leaves the stage for a snort of coke or primping!

yes, lindsey's got to be the hardest working man in show business!

Old 01-08-2004, 04:53 PM
Senior Ledgie

Whenever I see L in tv interviews he always seems to be very serious and anything he talks about sounds like hes reading from an essay hes just written, so I was surprised to see just how much he let himself go on stage. Im not sure whether or not he did this at any other concerts but at the 2 manchester concerts i saw in the UK, during the drum intro to Stand Back, L was stood by the drums doing what I suppose must've been, erm, dancing, he was basically jumping around smacking his arse, it was hilarious! (yet strangely compelling....)
Old 01-10-2004, 12:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool What surprised You?????

Quote:
Originally posted by goldustboi
Whenever I see L in tv interviews he always seems to be very serious and anything he talks about sounds like hes reading from an essay hes just written, so I was surprised to see just how much he let himself go on stage. Im not sure whether or not he did this at any other concerts but at the 2 manchester concerts i saw in the UK, during the drum intro to Stand Back, L was stood by the drums doing what I suppose must've been, erm, dancing, he was basically jumping around smacking his arse, it was hilarious! (yet strangely compelling....)
Hi goldustboi,
Good message!!! Very interesting observations!!!
Ya, from what we have read Lindsey owned this tour!
His hard work paid-off...they are making lots of $$$...
so he did the trick!!! Thanks a lot for great description of
Stand Back show!!!haha! Lindsey is hilarious these days
and it shows in his freedom to have fun! We feel his
family life has a lot to do with this happier man!!! Sky