Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-07-2004, 11:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I have been a Mac fan for over 25 years (yep I am old) and I always liked Lindsey a lot but I guess I became a little obsessive after I saw him on the OOTC tour in Boston. Just seeing him play live in a small club was like "a religious experience."
He is not only a amazing guitar player and performer but he just has "it" in his own little kind of shy way.
I became even more obsessive with my Lindsey love after seeing the SYW shows. I can't put my finger on it but he just seems to have the whole package. The amazing guitar playing, the vocals, the songwriting, the producing, etc. He's got it all baby!

Oh yeah and he is very soft spoken and has the most amazing sparkling blue eyes, too.
Old 01-08-2004, 11:21 AM
Senior Ledgie

I don't even know where to start! I guess the music is the logical place to start, since without his music, I would never have heard of Lindsey Buckingham. I've come a long way in my Fleetwood Mac journey, from being a little third grader memorizing the Rumours songs because my teenage sister had the album (oh, if I could get my hands on that!) to being a casual fan in the 80s to being uninterested in my teens to being nearly obsessed with them now!!

My favorite part of Lindsey's (and some FM) songs is usually the music, but his lyrics can be powerful, too. Sometimes, like on EOTW, I'm kind of disappointed when the lyrics begin, because I'm enjoying the music so much. So I like that he does instrumental pieces and intros. But I do love to hear him sing. When his part begins on Beautiful Child, I just have to close my eyes and listen. He still has a great voice.

At the risk of sounding like an obsessed female fan, I have to say that he is also incredibly attractive and sexy. When I look at photos of him, his eyes are just so blue and so intense, and his fingers... I think I'll stop there
Old 01-09-2004, 09:54 AM
Senior Ledgie

Thank you for that information Christy. It's been bugging me for ages what that tour was. The one I have taped they were in concert in Los Angeles what did you think of that particular version of In The Eyes of the World?

Also Stevie ends up with loads of soft cuddly toys, one of them being a huge white unicorn which she has under her arm and that's one of the first times I've actually seen her interact with the audience, shaking hands, taking gifts from them and picking up flowers etc. It's all really wonderful stuff.

The funniest of all in that video is Mick's behaviour, he really has lost the plot, his eyes as wide as saucers, his drumming supreme and the way he drives the band with his personality. WOWWWW.

Lorraine

ps: nice to see someone from Manchester on the Ledge. Hi
Old 01-09-2004, 10:03 AM
Senior Ledgie

Christy

I had to have another peep at the video when you mentioned Stevie doing SOTM and speaking in tongues, WOW yes, know what you mean it's fantastic, spine tingling eh? Also I liked the way Lindsey leans on her whilst playing his guitar, I think she's crying at the end when she goes to the edge of the stage and holds hands with the crowds. Awwwwwwww how sweet.
Old 01-09-2004, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow Lorraine...

Have you seen Stevie's Red Rocks video/DVD? It's been produced kinda badly in that it's not true because of the reshoots, but it's still something to watch for sure. She interacts with the audience A LOT, that's just Miss Stevie.

The EOTW from the Mirage video is GREATNESS, you HAVE to love the boop-boop-boop's from Christine and Lindsey!! LOL They have great timing.

You've noticed Mick's "beer dude", right? He comes out to pour beer (or whatever's in that bottle. ) into his mouth as he's drumming...and you've noticed the Lindsey/John smoke moment.

OMG, the lean!!! YES, that's an AWESOME moment, they both look amazing there!

The Mirage video, well, ANY FM video is awesome! You can't just watch them once, you might miss something.
Old 01-09-2004, 03:47 PM
Senior Ledgie

Hi Christy

No not seen the Red Rocks Vid/DVD, would love to get hold of it, anything to do with FM or Stevie I would love to own. My collection is growing

Yes Mick's beer dude, how cool, what a laugh that is when Mick opens his mouth in anticipation (then goes backstage and has some oxygen) ha ha what's that all about! Still love it though.

I too love that boop boop bit with Lindsey and Christine during EOTW, I thought it WAS perfect timing and they compliment each other's singing so much, the eye contact too, POWERFUL! Ha isn't it strange how all us FM fans are inspecting similar bits on the vids/DVD'S. At least I know now that I'm no weirdo, my husband and kids think I am when I keep playing the same bits over and over again, the looks I get are amazing, they think I am totally gone, and I am watching the most AWESOME band ever!!

Tatty bye

xxx
Old 01-10-2004, 02:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I got into Lindsey through the Dance. I listened to the CD in the car and had just pulled into a parking lot when the "I'm So Afraid" guitar solo was going. I didn't stop the engine, I just sat there in the car listening to the song until it ended, and I couldn't believe how awesome it was! I was also blown away by "Big Love."

Then I bought the video and saw him do "Go Insane" - just him, wihtout the Mac onstage - and I thought "I want more of this guy by himself" lol.

I guess the things I find most appealing about him are the emotional intensity he combines with musical genius to create some of the most passionate, affecting, and powerful songs I've ever heard.

Last edited by sodascouts; 01-10-2004 at 02:44 AM..
Old 01-10-2004, 01:49 PM
Senior Ledgie

I guess the things I find most appealing about him are the emotional intensity he combines with musical genius to create some of the most passionate, affecting, and powerful songs I've ever heard.

Nancy

I agree with the above Nancy, what a musical genius he is, don't you just love the finger picking and the way he handles that guitar phewwwwwwwww WOWWWWWWWW What fantasies hee hee.

Lorraine