The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-02-2015, 12:20 PM

H.H. Holmes the Inspiration Behind “American Horror Story: Hotel”?

While there are many theories behind what the next season of “American Horror Story” will be about, the most compelling is that “Hotel” will be based on the horrific crimes of H.H. Holmes, an entrepreneur that is considered to be America’s first serial killer.

The Holmes story goes back to 1893 when Herman Webster Mudgett (a.k.a Dr. Henry Howard Holmes) opened the World’s Fair Hotel in Chicago. It was constructed with the evil ingenuity to murder immigrants and travelers attending the Columbian Exposition (The Chicago World’s Fair).

After the completion of what would become known as “Murder Castle”, “Holmes selected mostly female victims from among his employees (many of whom were required as a condition of employment to take out life insurance policies, for which Holmes would pay the premiums but was also the beneficiary), as well as his lovers and hotel guests, whom he would later kill. Some were locked in soundproof bedrooms fitted with gas lines that let him asphyxiate them at any time. Other victims were locked in a huge soundproof bank vault near his office, where they were left to suffocate. The victims’ bodies were dropped by secret chute to the basement, where some were meticulously dissected, stripped of flesh, crafted into skeleton models, and then sold to medical schools. Holmes also cremated some of the bodies or placed them in lime pits for destruction. Holmes had two giant furnaces as well as pits of acid, bottles of various poisons, and even a stretching rack. Through the connections he had gained in medical school, he sold skeletons and organs with little difficulty.” (Wiki)

While Holmes confessed to 27 murders, it is believed that he took the life of more than 200 people through the year of 1984. He is also thought to be a Jack the Ripper suspect…

For those curious to know more about this sadistic murderer, Netflix Instant has John Borowski’s superb 2003 documentary H. H. Holmes: America’s First Serial Killer.

Last week it was revealed that Lady Gaga would be starring in the fifth season of “American Horror Story”, dubbed “Hotel”.

What do you guys think of this theory? Is Holmes set to be the inspiration behind “American Horror Story: Hotel’s” antagonist?

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/33...r-story-hotel/

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 03-04-2015 at 01:58 PM..
Old 03-03-2015, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yay! This is interesting news!

I've been fascinated with H.H. Holmes' story for years and have read several books about this man. It will be interesting to see how much "inspiration" Ryan Murphy and company use for this next season. Holmes was a crazy f*cker!
Old 03-03-2015, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
Yay! This is interesting news!

I've been fascinated with H.H. Holmes' story for years and have read several books about this man. It will be interesting to see how much "inspiration" Ryan Murphy and company use for this next season. Holmes was a crazy f*cker!
Yeah, I'm very excited! I know about him because he appeared in the list of people and facts that should have a horror movie made about them.
His story and that of the girl disappeared in the elevator and found dead on the rooftop of her hotel were the most interesting.

P.S. Found it: http://www.cinemablend.com/new/10-Te...ons-40046.html
Her name was Elisa Lam. Also the silent twins case is gorgeously creepy.

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 03-03-2015 at 02:45 PM..
Old 03-04-2015, 11:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah...the Elisa Lam story is probably the ONE mystery that has creeped and frightened the HELL out of me in recent years. The video footage in the elevator is just so hard to watch. Everything about that whole situation just feels...evil. I don't know how else to explain it.
Old 03-04-2015, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
Yeah...the Elisa Lam story is probably the ONE mystery that has creeped and frightened the HELL out of me in recent years. The video footage in the elevator is just so hard to watch. Everything about that whole situation just feels...evil. I don't know how else to explain it.
Yes, that footage was the only thing I could remember clearly, such was the distress it caused.
Elisa Lam's behaviour in the elevator was clearly a manifestation of stereotypy and mannerisms; these kind of psychomotor alteration is frequent in psychotic diseases or people that used narcotic substances and it's very disturbing to see.

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 03-05-2015 at 07:05 AM..
Old 03-04-2015, 02:21 PM

Default This is a ****ty explanation, but whatever...

How Ryan Murphy got Lady Gaga to check in to American Horror Story: Hotel
Because she really loves her monsters

We know that Lady Gaga loves her monsters, but this news still took us by surprise: The music superstar announced on Feb. 25 via Twitter that she would be starring in the fifth season of FX’s American Horror Story, premiering in October.

In a quick video, Gaga, who acted on the big screen in 2013’s Machete Kills and 2014’s Sin City: A Dame to Kill For, also revealed that this year’s AHS would be subtitled Hotel. The show has always attracted top-tier talent (Academy Award winners Jessica Lange and Kathy Bates appeared previously) and has even drawn some music icons (Stevie Nicks and Patti LaBelle have had small roles). But to nab a global sensation on the level of Gaga for a 13-episode series is nothing short of a TV miracle.

So how did creators Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk do it? EW has learned that Gaga and Murphy have been talking since last fall, and that once the right role was crafted for her, she was fully on board. Still, everyone involved remained silent about the talks—FX didn’t even know about Gaga’s interest in the show—realizing what a coup this could be.

Creative viewers of last season’s Freak Show may have actually been able to predict this casting scoop. In the Oct. 29 episode, the camera noticeably focused on a paper coffee cup with a large top-hat logo. Murphy told EW back in October, “That is a big season 5 clue! It’s an arcane clue, but it’s very purposeful, and it illuminates something that you’ll be like, ‘Oh! You dirty bastard!’”

EW can now confirm that the image was directing viewers not only to the theme (the classic 1935 film Top Hat is set in a hotel) but also to Gaga (the song “Cheek to Cheek” was written originally for Top Hat and is the title of Gaga’s current duets album with Tony Bennett). Details are scarce as to who—or what—Gaga will be playing at this hotel, but we’re guessing it will be even scarier than the hot tub at your local Holiday Inn.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/03/04...n-horror-story

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 03-05-2015 at 11:14 AM..
Old 03-05-2015, 08:16 AM

Zachary Quinto checks into Hannibal
BY NATALIE ABRAMS

Zachary Quinto has landed a guest-starring role on Hannibal, EW has learned exclusively.

Quinto, who is currently starring on NBC’s The Slap, will appear in at least one episode of the third season as a patient of Bedelia’s (Gillian Anderson). Anyone else hoping his character will be as crazy as his American Horror Story role Bloody Face?

The casting of Quinto, also well-known as this generation’s Spock in the Star Trek reboot, marks a reunion with Hannibal boss Bryan Fuller, who was a writer on Quinto’s breakout series Heroes.

Hannibal is slated to return to NBC this summer.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/03/04...hecks-hannibal
Old 03-07-2015, 12:38 PM

EVAN PETERS, MAN OF THE YEAR
By EMMA BROWN
Photography BRIAN HIGBEE

Growing up in St. Louis, Missouri, Evan Peters favored comedy and mischief: his role model was Jim Carrey circa Ace Ventura: Pet Detective (1994) and he was an avid fan of Robin Hood: Men in Tights (1993). He enjoyed playing Fagin—his first acting role —in a middle school production of Oliver because, "he was kind of the leader and taught all the kids how to steal stuff."

Today, the 28-year-old actor's outlook is a little more serious, with Joaquin Phoenix and Jake Gyllenhaal replacing Carrey. Peters is not, he says, a perfectionist, but he is a worrier. It doesn't take him long to get out of character, but getting into character is a different matter.

Peters is most famous as one of the three leading players of Ryan Murphy's anthology drama American Horror Story alongside Sarah Paulson and Jessica Lange (or "the Langster," as Peters jokes). Over the course of four seasons, he's played a murderous high school student, a suspected serial killer, a frat bro, and a 1950s carnie nicknamed "Lobster Boy." A fan favorite, he's been the good guy, the bad guy, and a few more ambiguous things in between. Peters is already confirmed for the fifth series, which will co-star Lady Gaga.

There's much more to Peters' career than just AHS, however. Two weeks after wrapping the show's fourth series, he was back on set filming Liza Johnson's Elvis & Nixon with Kevin Spacey and Michael Shannon. Last Friday The Lazarus Effect, Peters' horror film with Mark Duplass, Olivia Wilde, and Donald Glover, opened across the U.S. Later this year Peters will begin work on X-Men: Apocalypse, his second film in the monolithic franchise.

EMMA BROWN: The Lazarus Effect takes place over a very short space of time in a very specific context: four young doctors trying to develop a serum to resuscitate the dead. Did you invent a backstory for your character, Clay?

EVAN PETERS: There's definitely a backstory to Clay, and a reason why he's there. I think everybody tried to make that for their character; we each wanted to figure out why we were there, what we were doing there, and also what kind of person we are. Clay, to me, was always the Good Will Hunting of the group; he doesn't have to think about being smart, he just is smart. He wants to develop a serum to make money—obviously to save lives, but I think Clay is a little bit more selfish and excited about making millions of dollars so that he can sit at home and play video games all day. There's a lot of fun things to do with Clay, he's a pretty crazy dude.

BROWN: I know you worked with Olivia Wilde, who plays one of the other doctors, on one episode of House. Did you bring that up and reminisce?

EVAN PETERS: No, not really. I don't know if we ever really talked about that. I was just a day player, and sometimes it can get pretty crazy. I was one of six hostages in an episode—I think it was even more than six—so I highly doubt that she would remember me. I didn't want to say, "Hey, remember me?" And have her be like, "No."

BROWN: When you're thinking about joining a horror-thriller like The Lazarus Effect, is the first thing you want to know, "How am I going to die?"

PETERS: [laughs] No. But I was excited to die. I do enjoy a good death on screen, and that was pretty fun. I was excited to not be the killer, to be the one who's like, "Hey guys, this is bad. We need to get out of here." He's kind of the voice of reason.

BROWN: When you start a new season of American Horror Story, do you know the arc of your character?

PETERS: No. It's kind of amazing; I don't know anything. It's an interesting way to work where you're living in the moment and making decisions for your character in the moment. You have to go with your gut on everything—try not to over-think things. That tends to make me doubt what I did, but then that's always the case. I'm a worrier. I have to accept that and just be a worrier.

BROWN: Does it give you an advantage to only know as much your character knows?

PETERS: I think it does both; it has its advantages and it has its disadvantages. You can't plan your character arc—you have a vague idea, maybe, but I'm constantly surprised. Sometimes actors in films will play the ending of the movie, or even the middle, and you know where it's going—as an audience member you can read the actor. But if you don't know where you're going...the perfect example is [in Season One,] I didn't know that [my character] Tate was Rubber Man until episode seven or so when the audience found out. I wasn't playing Tate like I had this whole other Rubber Man side. I don't think the audience knew, because I was really surprised when I found that out. I think that was possible because I didn't know ahead of time.

BROWN: In Season Four, Freak Show, you sang a Nirvana song. Is that something you were excited or nervous about?

PETERS: I was both excited and nervous! What I was most nervous about was performing and shooting it. In the booth, you're singing and it's fun and you're joking around. I like that. I like making music so that was fun. But shooting it, the whole music video vibe was very weird and I felt uncomfortable in my own skin. I was sort of channeling Future Islands' lead singer. He gets so into it, he preaches every song that he sings, so that helped with my nerves a little bit.

BROWN: Do you know if there will be any singing next season?

PETERS: I have no idea. I really don't know. Lady Gaga is in the next season, so there might be some singing. I wish I knew!

BROWN: Do you socialize as a cast outside of work or is that the last thing you want to do after a long day?

PETERS: It's tough. You try to go to dinner and see movies and hang out with friends, but after an 18-hour day, it's like, "I'm tired, I'm going to chill out, watch some TV, decompress and let go of the day and get ready to do it all again tomorrow."

BROWN: What do you watch to decompress?

PETERS: I actually watch The Walking Dead. I like The Walking Dead a lot. I'm so far behind, though. I don't like to watch a lot of things when I'm working—I like to read and listen to music, but movies and TV, I have to be pretty selective about. I try to watch stuff that's integrated into what I'm working on. It has to be for research or trying to get into the mindset [of a character]. So, I'm so far behind on The Walking Dead. I'm still on the Governor. There are so many good TV shows out that I want to watch—House of Cards, Breaking Bad. I'm so far behind on all those things.

BROWN: We recently featured Alanna Masterson from The Walking Dead and she said that every time a new cast member joins the show, everyone comes down to meet them and welcome them. Do you do something like that on American Horror Story?

PETERS: That's really sweet. We don't have anything like that—we obviously shake their hand and say, "Welcome." I think we're pretty friendly to newcomers. We don't have a ritual; we should definitely work on something. Get a huge cake and then have Kathy Bates pop out of it.

BROWN: Was it weird to transition between American Horror Story and Elvis & Nixon so quickly, or are you used to that?

PETERS: No, it was great. I like going right back to work, and it was New Orleans and I'd been there for, cumulatively, a year, so I know the city pretty well. It was easy to go back there as opposed to going to somewhere else and learning a new city.

BROWN: You play a real person in the film, Nixon's former deputy assistant Dwight Chapin. Did you get to meet the real Dwight Chapin?

PETERS: No, I didn't, but [former Nixon adviser] Bud Krogh got to come around for a little bit. He was very cool and sort of in a surreal headspace about seeing Colin Hanks playing him. He got a little nervous walking back into the oval office set. Then [Elvis' associate] Jerry Schilling came by, which was really awesome, and talked a little bit. And we'd check back to make sure things were fairly accurate, I guess. It's a cool movie with a great cast—very funny. I'm excited to see it.

BROWN: The premise sounds so crazy, but it's based on a true story.

PETERS: It's probably 90 percent true—some of it is a little embellished because it makes for a better story, but Elvis Presley going to the White House and wanting his badge [from the Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs] was all true. It's hilarious, and then you find out that it's true, and you're like, "Oh my god, this is insane!"

BROWN: I wonder if anyone has ever done that to Obama: "Hey, I'm famous..."

PETERS: "Can I get a badge?" Probably...

BROWN: Had you seen any of Liza Johnson's other films before signing onto Elvis & Nixon?

PETERS: No. I wasn't familiar with any of Liza's work beforehand. I did get copies of it and checked it out. I was very impressed, but I wanted to do the movie before I even saw her work. I was like, "I don't care. This movie is great. This script is hilarious." And I'm a huge Elvis fan.

BROWN: Michael Shannon and Kevin Spacey both have quite a strong presence. Before you officially met them, who was more intimidating?

PETERS: They both were equally intimidating, but not because they were actually intimidating people, just because I was so intimidated to work with them. But both of them proved to be incredibly nice and easy-going and very giving actors—professional, but also keeping the set light and having fun. It was really cool to watch them work and see how it's done.

BROWN: Did you watch the original X-Men films when they came out in the early 2000s?

PETERS: Oh yeah. I was a big fan of all the X-Men films growing up. I still am. I recently watched all of them again and they're awesome. I love special effects movies, and the whole idea behind X-Men of homo superior and homo sapiens being at war and trying to accept homo superior—it's a universal struggle. It's a very relatable thing, and I think it gives it a lot of heart. That's important when you're dealing with a movie that's very special effects and sci-fi driven.

BROWN: Who did you want to be when you saw the first three films?

PETERS: Definitely Wolverine. I love the first X-Men; I think it's one of my favorites. When he first gets thrown through the windshield and then starts to heal again, it's amazing! I think that's the coolest power, to have incredible healing abilities. Then, to top it all off, he's got the adamantium [metal claws] and that makes him badass, and he gets to live an incredibly long life, which I think it's pretty sweet. I always liked that about vampires, too.

THE LAZARUS EFFECT IS OUT NOW. X-MEN: APOCALYPSE IS DUE OUT IN MAY 2016.

http://www.interviewmagazine.com/film/evan-peters#_

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 03-10-2015 at 08:23 AM..
Old 03-10-2015, 08:24 AM

Beautiful italian fanposter:

Old 03-13-2015, 09:49 AM

'American Horror Story' Season 5 News: Source Says Jessica Lange Is Playing Older Version Of Lady Gaga Character?
A supposed source at FX reportedly knows the plot of the upcoming 'American Horror Story: Hotel' starring Lady Gaga.
By Kevin Jacobsen, EnStars on Mar 11, 2015 01:00 PM EDT

A Tumblr post was featured on the American Horror Story Reddit page that detailed the main storyline for Hotel, the fifth season in the horror anthology series. The post, which includes information from a supposed FX insider, reveals that Gaga is going to be the lead of the next three seasons of American Horror Story, including Hotel:

The post adds that Gaga's character is a "beautiful strange, yet sophisticated heiress - knees deep in debt - who runs the hotel and will do whatever it takes to keep it up and running, regardless of the tragic and disturbing events that have taken place there."

The FX insider supposedly says that the hotel's guests over the years have included a satanic cult, some corrupt politicians, secret societies, "and other strange guests." As such societies and cults reveal themselves, Gaga's character starts allowing them to meet at her hotel in exchange for paying her more money to stay there.

Additionally, a young married couple checks in to the hotel and ultimately discovers that the "dark force" does not allow them to check out. It is not known who will play the young couple.

Perhaps the biggest bit of news is that the source claims Jessica Lange will be back. Lange will supposedly only appear in the premiere and the finale, playing an older version of Gaga's character.

Other supposed cast members include Kathy Bates, Evan Peters, Angela Bassett, Finn Wittrock, Frances Conroy and Wes Bentley, who all appeared in Freak Show.

FX has not confirmed or denied any of this information, though it all seems within the realm of possibility. Despite rumors she is leaving the series, Lange has not explicitly said that she won't return for Hotel, recently telling E! that she would have discussions with AHS co-creator Ryan Murphy about whether or not she would leave for good.

It is also very early in pre-production for American Horror Story and anything is subject to change. Regardless, fans on Reddit are excited about the potential for this storyline. Whether it is true or not remains to be seen, and may not be revealed for several months.

American Horror Story: Hotel is expected to premiere in October on FX, though the network has not yet announced a specific premiere date.

http://www.enstarz.com/articles/7291...cter-video.htm
Old 03-16-2015, 08:10 AM

Default nooooooooooo!

Jessica Lange Confirms She's 'Done' With 'American Horror Story'

Jessica Lange is officially leaving the "American Horror Story" franchise. The actress, who starred in all four seasons of Ryan Murphy's anthology horror series, previously said that the most recent season of "Freak Show" would be her last.

During Sunday's "AHS" panel at PaleyFest in Los Angeles, Lange confirmed the news. “Yes, I’m done," she said. "We’ve had a great run here. I absolutely love doing these four characters, and in all madness, I love the writers and Ryan and the insanity of shooting it.” Let that sad news sink in.

While Lange may be leaving, the "AHS" gang announced a new cast member who will star alongside Lady Gaga in the upcoming season of "Hotel": Matt Boomer. The actor, who made a guest appearance in one episode of "Freak Show," was quiet about who he will play in "Hotel," saying only, "I can’t confirm nor deny that there will be a romantic relationship [with Lady Gaga’s character]." Cheyenne Jackson of "Glee" will also join the new season, but wouldn't spill anything else about his character.

No further details have been announced about "Hotel," but there are fan theories about a real-life hotel it could be based on. We also finally learned what those "Freak Show" top hat clues were all about.

"American Horror Story" returns in October on FX.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n-horror-story

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 03-16-2015 at 08:17 AM..
Old 03-17-2015, 05:06 AM

Default PaleyFest LA: American Horror Story Freak Show

https:screen.yahoo.com/live/event/pa...tory-200000276

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 03-17-2015 at 05:13 AM..
Old 03-18-2015, 09:30 AM

Connie Britton ‘Would Love to Come Back’ to ‘American Horror Story’

It’s no secret: Women have always run “American Horror Story.”

Whether they were running covens or performing as freaks, the women of “American Horror Story” have always made waves. The ladies of the show were celebrated by the Television Academy Tuesday night with a special panel, including cast members Kathy Bates, Jamie Brewer, Connie Britton, Sarah Paulson, Lily Rabe and Gabourey Sidibe and executive producers Jennifer Salt and Alexis Martin Woodall.

Some of the women, like Paulson and Rabe, had been in the show for several seasons — Britton, however, was only in the first, dubbed “Murder House,” but she hasn’t ruled out returning to the show.

When asked by moderator Debra Birnbaum, executive TV editor at Variety, if she would return to the show, she didn’t miss a beat before answering, “Of course I would!,” eliciting a roar of excitement from the audience.

I would love to come back, but scheduling is tricky,” clarified Britton, who currently stars in “Nashville.

Still, Britton looked back fondly on her experience on “American Horror Story,” remembering the show before it became an Emmy-winning hit.

The thing that [creator Ryan Murphy] said to was, ‘You can take my word for it that you will not be doing anything that you’ve been doing for the last five years on this show,'” remembered Britton, who had been doing “Friday Night Lights” before “American Horror Story.” “And that appealed to me a lot.

Bates, who first appeared in the show in season three, “Coven,” and would go on to star in season four, “Freak Show,” also looked back on where she was in her life.

“My show got kicked to the curb, I had a double mastectomy and I needed help!” said Bates. “And thanks to my friend Jessica Lange, she got an appointment with me with Ryan, and he pitched Delphine LaLaurie, and I came to life after all those difficult months.”

Even though Lange — who recently announced she won’t be returning to the show after being a staple on it for four seasons — wasn’t at the panel, her presence was certainly felt. The cast and exec producers sang her praises, spilling details on what it’s like to work with the actress.

“She, to me, is like a cat on a wire,” said Paulson. “She’s very alive and incredibly present and totally scary as hell, because there’s something very unnerving about someone who’s that alert in a scene with you. You kind of can’t get away with anything.”

“Being her only daughter was a thrill in itself,” said Brewer, referring to hers and Lange’s mother-daughter relationship in season one.

As far as future seasons go, the women were tight-lipped. None of them would even confirm that they would be in season five, “Hotel.”

Paulson, however, did drop a little scoop on “Freak Show.” The actress is the only one to appear in every season and never have a character die, but she said she thought her most recent characters, conjoined twins Bette and Dot, wouldn’t make it to live to see the end of the season.

“I think it wasn’t always the plan for the twins to survive,” said Paulson. “I don’t it was always the plan. And I think I was a little excited that I was maybe going to get to do a big death scene or something. Then I was always happy to hold onto my title as the only person who’s never died on the show.”

Though the night was focused on the women of the show, there were two men who those on the show wanted to praise. One of them was creator Murphy.

“Ryan Murphy is more enthralled with women and strong women and tough women and gorgeous women and glamorous women,” said Salt. “Every single kind of woman is what he lives for, and bringing them to screen and giving them great things to do is what he lives for.”

Sidibe declared that the highlight of her six-year career as an actress to date was a scene in which she got shot in the stomach, fell on the ground, crawled along the floor until she picked up the gun and shot herself in the head. “I’m never going to get to do that again,” she predicted, appreciating that Murphy let her be a “creep.”

The other man that was brought up was “Murder House” and “Freak Show” cast member Ben Woolf, who died last month after being hit by a car. Bates asked for a moment of silence for the late actor.

“American Horror Story: Hotel” will debut on FX in October, with Lady Gaga, Matt Bomer and Cheyenne Jackson confirmed to star.

Cynthia Littleton contributed to this report.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/conn...el-1201455105/

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 03-18-2015 at 09:36 AM..
Old 03-19-2015, 08:56 AM

‘American Horror Story’ Season 5 Update: Ryan Murphy Announces New ‘Hotel’ Cast Member; ‘Freak Show’ Edward Mordrake Actor Wes Bentley Returns

Another "Freak Show" cast member returns to check-in!
Edward Mordrake returns and this time, he's not back to take evil souls with him. Actor Wes Bentley joins the cast of "American Horror Story" season 5, but are there any other "Freak Show" vets returning?

Ryan Murphy, co-creator of the TV anthology series "American Horror Story" announces another addition to season 5 "Hotel" chapter, and it is no less than Edward Mordrake actor in "AHS: Freak Show," Wes Bentley:

Thrilled to announce Wes Bentley will be a series regular on AHS: Hotel.
— Ryan Murphy (@MrRPMurphy) March 17, 2015

The 36-year-old actor is known for his portrayal of Ricky Fitts in the 1999 award winning film "American Beauty" and has also appeared in "Ghost Rider" (2007) as Blackheart. His recent works include "Interstellar" (2014) and "The Hunger Games" in 2012.
His character in the upcoming "American Horror Story" season 5 remains unknown, and so far, official cast members include Lady Gaga, Matt Bomer and Cheyenne Jackson. "American Horror Story" vets have yet to be unveiled. However, this did not stop the "Freak Show" cast to share their thoughts about Lady Gaga joining the "Hotel."
Sarah Paulson, whose latest "American Horror Story" character was the two-headed performer Bette and Dot Tattler in "Freak Show" said, "Lady Gaga couldn't be more theatrical...I think nobody does it better than Lady Gaga. She'll fit right in," reported E! Online.
Another "AHS" veteran, Kathy Bates, who first appeared in "Coven" shared, "I'm a big fan of hers, my jaw dropped when I saw her on the Oscars."
Both Paulson and Bates have yet to confirm their return for season 5 but both shared their willingness to do so. The announcement of whether Evan Peters, Lily Rabe, Frances Conroy, Emma Roberts, Dennis O'Hare and Michael Chiklis will return remains to be seen.
Meanwhile, Connie Britton who appeared during season 1 "Murder House" has recently shared that she is open to return to season 5 "Hotel." In a report by Variety, she said, "I would love to come back, but scheduling is tricky."
"American Horror Story: Hotel" release date is set for October. Stay tuned for more updates on plot and cast members here!

http://www.youthhealthmag.com/articl...es-bentley.htm
Old 03-20-2015, 09:01 AM

'American Horror Story' Star Finn Wittrock Reveals Hardest Scene He Filmed For 'Freak Show,' Gives Lady Gaga Advice On How To Survive Shooting 'AHS: Hotel'
Mar, 17, 2015, 02:32 AM

Finn Wittrock, who played Dandy on "American Horror Story: Freak Show," said that filming the gun spree in the season finale of the show "messed" him up a "little bit" because of his dislike of guns.
Finn Wittrock, who played fan-favorite Dandy Mott on "American Horror Story: Freak Show," has opened up about the most difficult scene he filmed for the fourth installment of the FX horror anthology series.

Speaking to PerezHilton.com on the purple carpet at PaleyFest in Los Angeles on Sunday night, March 15, the 30-year-old actor revealed that Dandy's gun spree in the season finale, in which the overgrown sociopath killed most of the surviving freaks, was the hardest scene for him to shoot.

"Honestly, I don't like guns," he told the website. "So that final spree was actually the hardest for me. It sounds really weird to say but strangling people, knifing people... [they're] more intimate. And shooting people from a distance, it's really not me. It messed me up for a little bit."

In the same event, Wittrock was asked by VH1 if he's got some tips for Lady Gaga, who was cast as the female lead in the upcoming season, titled "American Horror Story: Hotel." And the "Unbroken" actor said, "Get some sleep, because you won't be getting any once you get on set."

He added, "It's pretty crazy. Every character is different. Research has to meet imagination. Dandy was me tapping into my own inner child, and your inner child can actually be not just an innocent, peaceful thing. There's a wild ego in there that's in all of us. Dig into that part of yourself and let it roll."

Wittrock went on to share his thoughts on why he thinks the 28-year-old "Born This Way" hitmaker is a perfect fit for the show.

"You think about what Lady Gaga has done, [series co-creator] Ryan [Murphy] and her are both so theatrical and chameleons in everything they do and have a kind of noir sensibility anyway, so it makes a lot of sense," he said.

Wittrock, who said he has no idea if he's coming back in Season 5, can be next seen on the big screen in the sports drama film "My All American."

http://www.designntrend.com/articles...-ahs-hotel.htm