The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-03-2013, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Didn't realize before that she said Christine wishes she were here, but she's not, in one of the intros.

Lindsey cracks me up saying he told Mick he was very complimented, but he loved his girlfriend and she's talented too.

A little paraphrasing never hurt a story.

Michele
Old 12-05-2013, 07:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

19/06/2013 - Albany

Intro

Intro/Song

Download

1. http://www.mediafire.com/download/8j...y%20(6.55).mp4 [06.55 minutes, 18 MB]

2. http://www.mediafire.com/download/2n...y%20(7.19).mp4 [07.19 minutes, 19 MB]

3. http://www.mediafire.com/download/2n...y%20(7.19).mp4 [07.39 minutes, 35 MB]

4. http://www.mediafire.com/download/7f...%20(11.16).mp4 [11.16 minutes, 36 MB]

What Was Said

S: So, I’ll start at the beginning and try and make it a little shorter than it’s supposed to be. So, in 1973 – no, wrong. Wrong. In 1970 I wrote a poem in San Francisco about Lindsey and I. It was a very beautiful poem. It was written about us when everything was just fantastic because, of course, we hadn’t made it in the music business yet and we were struggling and we were poor. We weren’t even that poor, actually, because we lived at our parents’ house so... Everything was actually pretty damn good. They supported us, we were having a lot of fun. So I wrote this poem, probably put it in the desk next to my bed and then we decided we were going to move to Los Angeles and get a record deal. And so we did. We hopped in Lindsey’s Skylark or Buick, Skylark, and zoomed down to Los Angeles and made the Buckingham Nicks album.

S: So I get it and take it to Lindsey and I go ‘do you remember this song?’ And he’s like ‘well, yeah, I do; I’m playing on it’. And it was wild because both of us remember it so well. It’s probably like the only song we do up here that I, I just know it. I know it. I don’t even have to think about it I know it so well. Of course, now I’m going to make lots of mistakes. Anyway, so, I’m getting lost... This happens every night. Cos my story got a little screwed up. Okay, I know what it is. I think.

S: Thank you, Lindsey, for taking me with you on this wild ride of yours into Fleetwood Mac. He’s speechless. You’re completely speechless. Alright, moving on... So you want to say anything at all? *shakes head and laughs* You don’t! Not even the girlfriend thing?
L: Oh. Oh, sure. Well, two things. Mick called and said ‘would you like to join Fleetwood Mac?’ and I said ‘you’ll have to take my girlfriend too’. That’s what I call loyalty. But, you know, no one can say it didn’t work out for the best.
S: Drumroll! Alright, now we get to Mick. I also now would like to thank Mick Fleetwood for finding either of us or both of us, whatever. And asking us to join this marvellous band and taking us on this wild Alice in Wonderland ride. Yayyyyyy! Thank you, Mick. And last but not least, I would like to thank the best and the most handsomest bass player in the whole world, Mr John McVie, for just saying – This is what I think he said: ‘Just take the girl!!!’

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 12-05-2013, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey is hysterical just shaking his head and being "speechless."

Michele
Old 12-11-2013, 07:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

21/06/2013 - Boston

Song

???

Intro

Download

1. http://www.mediafire.com/download/h4...n%20(7.33).mp4 [07.33 minutes, 35MB]

What Was Said

S: This is what we talk about every night on the plane because it started out as about a two minute introduction and has ended up being longer than the actual song itself.

S: In 1970 there was a poem written by a girl who lived in San Francisco who was going out with a guy called Lindsey Buckingham. And she wrote a very, very – if she does say so herself – beautiful poem about their relationship. Possibly the nicest thing she wrote about either of them ever. *does peace signs* 1970. San Francisco. So then, her and her boyfriend Lindsey decided ‘we’re not going to get a record deal here in San Francisco’ so we, I quit college, we said our goodbyes, we hopped in his car and we drove to Los Angeles. We got a record deal. We made the Buckingham Nicks album. It went out to, you know, big – I always want to say clinical but that’s not it – critical, clinical, applause. Critical acclaim. And then was dropped by Polydor Records much to our complete and utter horror. So we were deva, deva, urgh, I can’t talk ??? tonight. Devastated. We didn’t know what to do. So we did what all starving musicians do; we just started making another record. We talked a studio into giving us free time, charming as we were, so they did. So we started making another record and we think that’s when the poem that the girl had written about *points to Lindsey* him got put to music.

S: And then, of course we lived in a house with about half a million cassettes and they were everywhere and, uh, they were easily copied so-
L: What’s a cassette?
S: Don’t ev – That is not even, that is not even... Cassettes were our LIFE. We would’ve stuffed pillows with cassettes. We would’ve sat on cassettes. So anyway, the cassette was our friend.

S: So then... This is always where I get so lost. I can never understand why this is exactly where I completely lose my train of thought. Okay, so... Where am I, Lindsey? *turns away from mic and puts head in hands*
L: Hmm.
S: *back to mic* Please tell me.
L: Somebody... One of our sleazy friends stole the cassette and put it back.
S: Right. But we didn’t, we didn’t know that. We didn’t know they brought it back. Cos we didn’t even know they took it in the first place! Alright, so we skip forward to, to... Fleetwood Mac, right? Right?! John McVie has left the stage! I don’t know where we are in the story now. ??? * talks to Mick* When we’re too old to sing anymore, we’re just going to be a comedy act.

S: At some point Mick Fleetwood reminded me that, when he heard this song, we, well, no, Stevie. Wrong. We went, Lindsey and I went in and recorded it at his house last year. I showed him the song. Because – forgot it! – it was, we found it on YouTube. Which I hate but I’m not hating it so much now that we found our song floating on YouTube. So I showed it to Lindsey and he saw ‘ohhh’ and I said ‘we should record it’ so we did. We went to his house, we recorded it in his studio exactly the way we had done it in 1974. So when Mick heard it, he said – okay, I’m back on track.

S: Nowhere in the words ‘lead guitarist’ did it say ‘and hippie girlfriend’. So, *to Lindsey* Do you have anything to say?
L: Who, me?
S: *laughs* You used to say something! ??? He’s befuddled.
L: The whole, it’s gotten a little more involved but sure ??? we’re going to jump in. I’ll tell you what, I’ll jump in.
S: Okay. Jump in. Please.
L: Let’s see. What will I say? Oh, um, well, Mick Fleetwood called me up after hearing some stuff from Buckingham Nicks and he said to me ‘Would you like to join Fleetwood Mac?’ And I said ‘You gotta take my girlfriend too.’ THAT is loyalty, baby.
S: Yes, it is.
L: But it worked out okay.
S: It did. So to end our little story, I would like to thank my boys up here. First of all, Lindsey, thank you for taking me with you into Fleetwood Mac *Lindsey blows her kisses* on this wild journey (?). And I’d like to thank Mick Fleetwood for taking both us on his wild Alice in Wonderland ride in Fleetwood Mac. And I would like to thank the most handsome and best bass player in the world for saying – this is what I think he said – ‘just take the girlllll!’

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 12-11-2013, 03:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
21/06/2013 - Boston

"So then, her and her boyfriend Lindsey decided ‘we’re not going to get a record deal here in San Francisco’ so we, I quit college, we said our goodbyes, we hopped in his car and we drove to Los Angeles. We got a record deal. We made the Buckingham Nicks album.
That's "we", as in the "royal we", right?
Old 12-11-2013, 06:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

thanks Nicole...that made me smile so much.....
Sue
Old 12-11-2013, 06:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
That's "we", as in the "royal we", right?
Would the Queen use anything but the 'royal we'?!

Old 12-11-2013, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
S: *laughs* You used to say something! ??? He’s befuddled.
This is the funniest part. You used to say something.

Michele
Old 12-15-2013, 04:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

22/06/2013 - Wantagh

Intro

Song

???

Download

1. http://www.mediafire.com/download/5j...h%20(7.15).mp4 [07.15 minutes, 29MB]

2. http://www.mediafire.com/download/uz...h%20(7.09).mp4 [07.09 minutes, 34MB]

And because the audio on both videos is sometimes difficult to hear, I worked out the transcript from another audio source:

3. http://www.mediafire.com/download/n9...%20(audio).mp3 [audio, 7MB]

What Was Said

S: Well, now to the fun part. So, this song gets an introduction because it’s so crazy. And since this tour started - it seems like two years ago, it’s probably only been like two months maybe or a little less than that – I’ve been telling this story and about half way through I just start to, my brain just left my head and I just get completely like and my mind and I don’t know where I am. So Lindsey has to fill me in on where I am. So let’s see if we can makes Jones Beach the first where I don’t like ‘hnnnrrrrnnn’ go away somewhere.

S: So in 1970 I wrote a poem, a very beautiful poem – if I do say so myself. And I wrote it about myself and my super gorgeous boyfriend Lindsey. And it was probably the nicest thing I ever wrote about the two of us. Now 1970 was when it was all starting and it was fantastic and we were struggling and we were in love and we knew we were going to somehow, y’know, make it... So, anyway, the poem was written and put in a drawer and next thing we know Lindsey and I hop in his Buick Skylark and drive to Los Angeles with 12 songs *Lindsey makes driving motion* to get a record deal.

S: We put it probably on the couch and I think one of our sleazy friends – we didn’t have many friends but one of them – stole the cassette. Cos we lived in a world of cassettes.

S: What happened was is that when Mick heard this song – see, Lindsey, I’m getting on track here. He’s totally ignoring me because he knows this is going to go on forever. Um, so *pauses* are you just totally ignoring me? Do you even care what I’m saying over here?
L: I do, I do!
S: No, you’re having a conversation with the –
L: No, I’m not. Somebody just held up...
S: *squeaks* Alright
L: ...a pick right in the...
S: *squeaks* Alright.
L: ...middle. Somebody said ‘do you want a...
S: Okay, so I think I was at the part where we...
L: We want your pick...
S: ...played it for Mick.
L: ...we want your pick. That’s what they said.
S: Okay, okay. I’m on track now.
L: Okay, good.
S: We played it for Mick. He liked it. He loved it. And so we decided to record it. So we went to Lindsey’s house...

S: And then one night in front of 15,000 people, Lindsey says “Well, actually, that’s not the reason that Mick was attracted to us.” And I’m like “WHAT!?” and he said “Well, it really isn’t. If you remember, Stevie, they had just lost their guitar player and they were looking for a lead guitarist.” So nowhere in the two words ‘lead guitarist’ does it say ‘lead guitarist and hippie girlfriend’. So he was right. So anyway. Okay, now I’m lost. So, take it Lindsey. You can end this story.
L: Who, me?
S: Yes. Yes.
L: Oh.
S: Jump in.
L: Let’s see. Ooh. Alright. Welllll, *clears throat* Mick called me up. He said “Lindsey!” I said, “Yes, Mick.” He said “Would you like to join Fleetwood Mac?” I said “Well, Mick, you’ll have to take my girlfriend too! Now, that is loyalty!
S: Yes, it is. So.
L: Yessss.
S: Do you have something you want to, do you have more? *laughs*
L: Um, well...
S: He’s going to talk.
L: No, I...
S: No, he...
L: No, I was just going to say that, y’know, it worked out okay.
S: Alright, so then it did work okay and I would like to say - to end this little conversation with you that, you know, we pretend like we’re in our living room here - um, I would like to thank my boys up here for, first of all, to Lindsey for taking me with him into Fleetwood Mac. I thank you. I would also like to thank His Highness, Mr Mick Fleetwood, for taking both Lindsey and I into his wild ride into Alice in Wonderland’s Worllllllld! For his good ear. Yes. No, I... John! Stand up. And I would like to thank the handsomest and best bass player ever because I think what John McVie probably said was ‘JUST TAKE THE GIRL!’.

Old 12-15-2013, 03:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Funny Lindsey trying to explain that he was distracted because someone said to him, "we want your pick." If his hearing was off (and it's very keen, actually) he could have thought they said they wanted something else!

Michele
Old 12-15-2013, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
S: What happened was is that when Mick heard this song – see, Lindsey, I’m getting on track here. He’s totally ignoring me because he knows this is going to go on forever. Um, so *pauses* are you just totally ignoring me? Do you even care what I’m saying over here?
L: I do, I do!
S: No, you’re having a conversation with the –
L: No, I’m not. Somebody just held up...
S: *squeaks* Alright
L: ...a pick right in the...
S: *squeaks* Alright.
L: ...middle. Somebody said ‘do you want a...
S: Okay, so I think I was at the part where we...
L: We want your pick...
S: ...played it for Mick.
L: ...we want your pick. That’s what they said.
S: Okay, okay. I’m on track now.
L: Okay, good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Funny Lindsey trying to explain that he was distracted because someone said to him, "we want your pick." If his hearing was off (and it's very keen, actually) he could have thought they said they wanted something else!

Michele
yup. after i posted that video, people who were around / behind me helped pieced the whole story together (well maccafan did, really ) - a woman asked Lindsey for his pick, and you can see him telling her to wait a bit, that he'll give one to her later. then a bit later, "we are legal" girls held their picks up to show him they already got some (from an earlier NYC area show). he asks them where they got those picks, and they say from him, he asks again "from me?" "i gave you those picks?" and that's about the time when Stevie asks him to interject and notices he's been carrying on a conversation with the audience... "we are legal" girls yell "sorry Stevie!" and he tries several times to explain what the conversation is about but Stevie is not really listening.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-15-2013, 07:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

24.06.2013 - Charlotte

Song/Intro

Song

Intro

Download

1. http://www.mediafire.com/download/w5...e%20(6.14).mp4 [06.14 minutes, 17MB]

2. http://www.mediafire.com/download/16...%20(10.49).mp4 [10.49 minutes, 31MB]

What Was Said

S: In our house was about a million cassettes, in our little house. So I think that I probably threw the cassette on the couch and somebody – one of our sleazy friends – stole it. Copied it and then brought it back so we never even knew it was stolen. And then we lost it cos, I mean, I was a cleaning lady so I probably brushed it under the couch or something and it was gone. So the song is gone, we can’t, we don’t remember it, it is gone. And in 2010 some friends of ours were on, oh yes, YouTube and there it was, the whole song. And, you know, I don’t know how to feel. Do I feel good about this? Well, yes, cos I got my song back. Do I feel good it was stolen? No. But. So, I take it to Lindsey and I go “Look, the song.” And he’s like “Yeah.” And I go “Don’t you think this is a really wonderful song? We should show it to Mick and John; we should record it.” And he said “Yes, we should.” So we did. We went to his house at the very end of last year and we recorded it and, um, and, and, when we recorded it Mick Fleetwood said to me...

S: So then, on this tour, I’ve decided to make amends and to, uh, to say thank you to some people, some different people, for things that happened to me in those years. So, first of all I’d like to thank Lindsey for taking me with him when Mick asked him to join the band and he probably said something to the effect of ‘well, I have a girlfriend.’ Lindsey, would you like to jump in here?
L: Would you like me to?
S: I would.
L: Well, yes, funny you should mention that. Gracie.
S: Thank you, George. *laughs*
L: Um, yeah, no, I did. I got a call from Mick, out of the blue. We had met Mick a few weeks before and he had heard some stuff from Buckingham Nicks. And he called up and he said, “Lindsey, would you like to join Fleetwood Mac?” And I said “well, Mick, if I do that, you’re going to have to take my girlfriend too!” That was love, that was loyalty.
S: It was. So I would now like to thank you personally in front of all these people in Charlotte for taking me on the wild ride that you decided to go on in 1975 and I thank you Lindsey for that.
L: I think it worked out okay.
S: Alright but no, the story’s not over. And now I would actually like to throw out a little thank you and kudos to Mr Mick Fleetwood for asking Lindsey and, insomuch, me, for taking us on his Alice in Wonderland ride through the world over the last 35 years. Thank you, Mick! And happy birthday. And I would also like to thank the handsomest and the best bass player ever because I think that when this conversation came up between him and Mick, that John McVie probably just said “Just take the girl!”

Old 12-17-2013, 12:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

26.06.2013 - Des Moines

Song

???

Intro

Download

1. http://www.mediafire.com/download/02...s%20(6.32).mp4 [06.32 minutes, 21MB]

What Was Said

S: When we made this, we put it on cassette and our house at those, in those days our house was full of cassettes. Cassettes ruled. So I probably threw the cassette on the couch and the cassette fell behind the couch and the cassette stayed behind the couch and then somebody else found the cassette and stole the cassette and copied the cassette and brought the cassette back and threw it back on the couch and then Lindsey and I lost it again. So the song was lost. In 2010 some friends of ours who were on, yes, my favourite thing, YouTube, they found the song floating around on YouTube. So I got it and I played it for Lindsey and I said ‘Do you remember this song?’ And he’s like ‘Well, yeah, it’s me playing and you singing and of course I remember it.’ Then I’m thinking to him ‘Why didn’t we record this song?’ or ‘Why did we never show this to Fleetwood Mac?’ in all these forty years. And it’s because it was just lost. So I said ‘let’s show it to the band and see if they want to record it’. So we did and we went to Lindsey’s house last year, the end of the year, and we recorded this song.

S: Lindsey and I sing and play in counterpoint which means we’re like this *off camera* and, like tapdancers. Kind of.

S: Yes! He was looking for a lead guitarist. I know. So, and... *laughs* They know the story already! So I said, what did I, okay now I’m lost. They’re throwing me off. Throwing me, yes, I know. But you’re throwing me off. Let me think here. Okay. *Lindsey laughs* So I said to him “Yes, you’re right, that’s true.” And they weren’t looking for a lead guitarist and his hippie girlfriend. Right, so. Lindsey? Jump in.
L: Oh. Well, yes, Mick called us, called me, and said “Lindsey?” And I said “Yes, Mick?” And he said “Would you like to join Fleetwood Mac?” And I, you know, you have to understand Stevie and I had been down a long road together, we had a lot invested in what we had together as a couple and as a musical entity, and I said “Mick, if you take me, you’re gonna have to take my girlfriend too!” And they did and it worked out okaaay.
S: So I like to take this moment in the show to thank my boys. First of all I’d like to thank Mr Lindsey Buckingham for taking me *Lindsey blows her three kisses* with him into Fleetwood Mac when he could’ve not. Thank you, Lindsey. I would also like to thank Mr Mick Fleetwood for asking Lindsey and me, accepting me, and taking us on this wild Alice in Wonderland ride into Fleetwood Mac for all these many, many years. He has an eye. And an ear, Mr Fleetwood. And I would also like to thank the handsomest, the cutest and the best bass player in the world for probably just saying, when it all became problematic, ‘just take the girl!’Thank you, John.

Old 12-17-2013, 11:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

L: Well, yes, funny you should mention that. Gracie.
S: Thank you, George. *laughs*
Yay! First mention of George & Gracie.
Old 12-17-2013, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So, it seems like after this, Stevie was regular saying that they sang in counterpoint to the music, which is an interesting way to describe it.

You definitely hear that. When I listed to Johnnie Walker's show, he played IDWTK (but he back-announced it as Oh Daddy) and I was thinking that Stevie's description of their sound was on the nose.

Michele