Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-21-2006, 07:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
It's ok, Foxy. No matter what anyone says, just remember that Bekka's still a backup singer.
Just a backup singer? Sharon is JUST a backup singer. Bekka writes songs for albums that sell in the millions. Bekka tours with acts that do things like sell out arenas in major cities. (The last time Sharon was on a tour like that was the short SYW tour.) I think it's a safe bet to say that Bekka is having THE most successful career today of any of the ex-Mac.

Honestly, I don't think Bekka wants to be the headline artist. She's reportedly turned down a few very lucrative deals. I don't think she has any interest in having the superstardom that Stevie has. Bekka makes a buttload of cash singing in stadiums, but isn't so popular that she couldn't enjoy a night out without being hassled by people (other than the ultra die-hards like a few of us on here) wanting an autograph.

Bekka has considerably more range and volume than Stevie ever had. But, Stevie is the singer/songwriter, and a personality. Her vocal range is pretty limited, especially compared to her bandmates, and she didn't have the lion's share of hits, but her voice is almost instantly recognizable and her image, though simple, is larger than life. She's the Grace Slick of Fleetwood Mac.

So, who's the better singer? It's a matter of preference, or as I like to say, Christine McVie. But, there's ABSOLUTELY no disputing the fact that Bekka Bramlett SMOKES Stevie Nicks as a tambourine player.

THE Stephen Hopkins