User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-26-2014, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Just make him think he's the center of attention and he's telling the world a big secret like he did when he let it out that Christine had returned...

Good luck...
Haha that shouldn't be hard! I was just talking with someone about how there is supposed to be a brief discussion about the book, but if Micks here the discussion will be anything but brief. I'll try my best to get him talking
Just a dream, just a dream.
Old 04-26-2014, 06:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloMonster View Post
I'm here and I've been here forever it feels! (Sorry, bored and impatient ) anyways, this should be interesting! I'm going to ask him as directly as possible "what is going on in Nashville?"
Oh my goodness. I'm so excited to hear what happens and sorry that you have to wait such a looooong time.

Michele
Old 04-26-2014, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I think you can do it if you still think of "real love" like a high school student does, rather than an adult who has actually experienced it.

Michele
humm, I'm not sure what's up with me then- I've had a boyfriend since I was 15.. until I got married at 31- many relationships. I've only been truly in love once. And because I've experienced it, I think that is the reason I know it (like millions of others, apparently) when I see it.

"Anyone who ever loved, could look at me and know that I love you.." -lyric from one of Lindsey's favorite songs. Yep.
Old 04-26-2014, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickney723 View Post
humm, I'm not sure what's up with me then- I've had a boyfriend since I was 15.. until I got married at 31- many relationships. I've only been truly in love once. And because I've experienced it, I think that is the reason I know it (like millions of others, apparently) when I see it.
It's nice that you get so much pleasure from your interpretation of Lindsey and Stevie's relationship.

Michele
Old 04-26-2014, 07:48 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Back to the recording stuff...

If Stevie's bringing songs back to L.A. I will hope that My Heart is maybe in there. It popped up in my iTunes the other day and, to me, it would work as a FM track for a new album. Then again, I'm the person crazy enough to want The Dealer on a FM album too. I just think My Heart fits her habit of putting almost only relationship songs on band albums. Hope that Mick spits out some details on the new album!
Old 04-26-2014, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubrick2788 View Post
If Stevie's bringing songs back to L.A. I will hope that My Heart is maybe in there. It popped up in my iTunes the other day and, to me, it would work as a FM track for a new album. Then again, I'm the person crazy enough to want The Dealer on a FM album too. I just think My Heart fits her habit of putting almost only relationship songs on band albums. Hope that Mick spits out some details on the new album!
"My Heart" was a bonus track for "IYD" so I can't see her re-recording it for FM less than 4 years later and I don't think it would be anywhere near as good without the Mike Campbell 12 string guitar parts...
Old 04-26-2014, 08:14 PM
goldenground
This message has been deleted by goldenground.
Old 04-26-2014, 08:36 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Oops

Wow, didn't realize that was a bonus from the B&N edition. And I never would've known that since they overcharge like nobody's business. I thought the "demo" version sounded too polished...
Old 04-26-2014, 08:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubrick2788 View Post
Wow, didn't realize that was a bonus from the B&N edition. And I never would've known that since they overcharge like nobody's business. I thought the "demo" version sounded too polished...
If I remember right it was a pre-order bonus track as well...If you watch "IYD" you can see Mike playing part of "My Heart" right before the "For What It's Worth" chapter...
Old 04-26-2014, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickney723 View Post

"Anyone who ever loved, could look at me and know that I love you.." -lyric from one of Lindsey's favorite songs. Yep.
So because millions eat that stuff up it legitimizes their view that it's "real love"? They do the same stuff at every show. It's a performance. You can't seriously take what they do on stage as a genuine show of emotion when it's replicated night in and night out. Lindsey is happily married. I have no reason to believe his marriage is not "real love".
Old 04-26-2014, 11:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
So because millions eat that stuff up it legitimizes their view that it's "real love"? They do the same stuff at every show. It's a performance. You can't seriously take what they do on stage as a genuine show of emotion when it's replicated night in and night out. Lindsey is happily married. I have no reason to believe his marriage is not "real love".
And Lindsey has referred to it as such. In one interview-- I *think* it was one he did during the time when he was working with Mick and John on a bunch of his stuff-- he was asked about his kids and what they thought of the FM shows and his interaction with Stevie onstage and he said they were fine with it because they "saw how rehearsed it was" or something along those lines. That they "knew it was a performance" or some such. I'm roughly paraphrasing but it was not the first time he's referred to it this way. Stevie may think they're pulling the wool over everyone's eyes but Lindsey only plays along so much. (Maybe someone else can point to the article, I don't have time right now to dig around and find it).
Old 04-26-2014, 11:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
I also believe he's happily married. Can I point out, however, that this idea that they do the same stuff at every show, that it's all a performance, that it's not a genuine show of emotion is slightly ridiculous? Certainly, as someone else mentioned, 'laying on the tears' is a bit much!? People think they're acting CRYING now? You thought their emotions in San Jose and Las Vegas were faked? I'm sorry but they are NOT good actors.

Yes, they often have planned out a fundamental interaction - holding hands as they enter for an encore, hugging at the end of Sara, 'fighting'/'dancing' during Tusk, etc. However, not a single one of these planned, rehearsed interactions stays the same throughout even one tour. It's not like they're checking their watches going 'okay, so we have to hug for exactly 2.5 seconds, then I'll smile at her' or 'let me close my eyes and burrow into her neck after sniffing her hair for three seconds' - that'll fool those gullible shippers into thinking we have more than a purely platonic business relationship these days. There is a LOT of variation in, say, the Sara hug - they didn't even start out hugging on this tour for quite some time. In 2009 it began with a hug on her part and he ended up putting both arms around her by the end. I managed to create a 12 minute video JUST of different Sara embraces, for goodness' sake. These things evolve. And yes, OF COURSE, it's for the audience. And I think also for themselves. As Stevie said last year, the audience loves it when he touches her, and so does SHE.

Just because a planned general action is incorporated into a live show also doesn't negate the possibility of ACTUAL emotion behind it, either, btw. Saying the same thing over and over again doesn't make it LESS true, for example. Or MORE true, as the case may be. Maybe I am blind but I don't think so. When I look at hundreds of videos from last tour (and I have - combing through them for my favourite SnL moments), and when I look at over 500 pictures of them from last tour, I don't see overly rehearsed, tired unemotional interaction. There's variation in every Landslide and Sara interaction, every WY introduction is different, they didn't always do a full hug after Say Goodbye, etc. And I don't think they're good enough actors to pull off the way they look at each other, sorry, though of course 'looks' are widely subjective and open to interpretation and that's cool.

And I don't think anyone is saying that seeing one pre-planned Sara hug makes them believe SnL are still in love - it's a cumulative effect, combined with the way they still talk about each other and the songs they write, most often. Neither Stevie NOR Lindsey are trying to pull the wool over anybody's eyes on this particular matter. Lindsey's talked about it being rehearsed, Stevie's talked about it being faked (though apparently not so much on the last tour, amusingly enough, considering it was WAY more interactive and affectionate than Unleashed overall, I would say). For crying out loud, THIS was a report from a big article written on Stevie which she praised to high heaven:

At rehearsal, Nicks and Buckingham’s banter lit up with hard-won playfulness as they tried to work out their positioning on the stage. After “Landslide”—which Stevie wrote about Lindsey, just before joining Fleetwood Mac, as she contemplated leaving music behind entirely when their duo, Buckingham Nicks, was dropped from its label—Lindsey remarked: “I feel weird standing behind her. I don’t want to stand too close.” Stevie fired back, teasingly: “I don’t know. I have stood next to you playing guitar for how many years?”

To perform “Gypsy,” Nicks suggested, “I’m just going to basically stand sideways because I know you can’t turn.”

Buckingham: You’re stalking me.

Nicks: I’m stalking you on this one.

Buckingham: All I can do is angle toward you. I gotta look at the neck.

Nicks: Just remember to look over at me every once in a while so I don’t look like an idiot.

Buckingham: I just need to eye the neck of the guitar and then look over at your neck. Go from neck to neck.

Nicks: My wrinkly neck.

Buckingham: Oh, stop it.

OF COURSE some things are planned and choreographed - it's a SHOW. But it doesn't make the emotion between them 'fake' and I don't think they're trying to 'fool' us apparently gullible idiots who still 'ship' them. Lindsey was clear enough on the matter of roleplaying versus reality in interviews last year, after all. And once again, I'll just say - they're TERRIBLE ACTORS.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"

Last edited by nicole21290; 04-26-2014 at 11:56 PM..
Old 04-27-2014, 06:56 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
OF COURSE some things are planned and choreographed - it's a SHOW. But it doesn't make the emotion between them 'fake' and I don't think they're trying to 'fool' us apparently gullible idiots who still 'ship' them. Lindsey was clear enough on the matter of roleplaying versus reality in interviews last year, after all. And once again, I'll just say - they're TERRIBLE ACTORS.
@Nicole21290

If you don't mind me asking, but what do you mean by 'ship'? Like do you ship LB and SN romantically? I'm just super curious by that. I see people do that with television show characters, but with real, living people who run their own lives? How does that work and why?

I mean, I always wanted Levon Helm and Robbie Robertson to make amends (not that I was really emotionally invested in it). And it didn't quite happen the way I hoped it would, but it wasn't really about any personal desire of mine so much as hoping that they'd find some sort of peace, just as two humans with a meaningful history together. Which is a bit similar to my feelings with LB, SN and co., but I don't know if this LB/SN shipping business is quite the same thing...
Old 04-27-2014, 07:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iktomi View Post
@Nicole21290

If you don't mind me asking, but what do you mean by 'ship'? Like do you ship LB and SN romantically? I'm just super curious by that. I see people do that with television show characters, but with real, living people who run their own lives? How does that work and why?

I mean, I always wanted Levon Helm and Robbie Robertson to make amends (not that I was really emotionally invested in it). And it didn't quite happen the way I hoped it would, but it wasn't really about any personal desire of mine so much as hoping that they'd find some sort of peace, just as two humans with a meaningful history together. Which is a bit similar to my feelings with LB, SN and co., but I don't know if this LB/SN shipping business is quite the same thing...
It's a term I'm not particularly fond of using myself when it comes to SnL but others use it with abandon so... Basically, when it comes to SnL, as with everything else, so-called 'shippers' aren't one big homogenous group. It seems to generally refer in this case to people who are invested in the idea of their personal relationship (beyond just friendship) and particularly those who still have a desire to examine and understand what the hell that's all about. It doesn't necessarily mean a person who screams when they see SnL hold hands, or a person who reads eternal love for the other in every one of their songs. It doesn't mean a person who insults Lindsey's wife and weeps at the overwrought tragic circumstances that apparently keep SnL apart.

Sometimes I think it's used dismissively towards fans of the SnL relationship (which is how *I* like to phrase it), to gently mock or chide for perceived gullibility. From what I can tell, it's used most of the time for people who are interested in their past relationship, see something more than a friendship/professional r'ship (usually romantic, but not always) between SnL, and/or who want there to be that now or at some point in the future.

I think shipping is slightly different to what you're describing (which is how I generally felt about Lennon/McCartney but with MUCH more emotional investment, lol) but it does incorporate what you're talking about. And apologies because I probably just explained that in a way which made it even more complicated than is helpful or it needed to be, lol.

For me, I use the word 'shipping' because others do, and it's something of a linguistic shortcut that I can employ without using awkward statements like 'I am intrigued by the idea that there is more than friendship between SnL, and have a strange desire that they rekindle some kind of emotional and/or romantic involvement at some point in the future. Oh, and I see what I believe is evidence of that 'more than' currently.'

xoxo

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 04-27-2014, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iktomi View Post
@Nicole21290

The term shippers derived from the X-Files television show and it was used when discussing the Mulder and Scully relationship (MSR) on internet forums.

Michele
Old 04-27-2014, 12:27 PM
Banned

Here's a simple question or maybe not so much simple.... and possibly 2 questions...

What do you all think would have happened if Stevie Nicks had left FM in 1998 instead of Christine McVie? Would the "perfect" version of FM have been as successful or even still relevant ?

And....

So hypothetically... if Stevie went country and solo.... what do you think would happen to FM ticket sales...... ?

And a bonus 3rd question....

Which EP / LP / CD would get the biggest pop? A Stevie-less FM or Stevie Rocks Country ?

Just seriously curious.....