User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-21-2013, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
They need a big media blitz ASAP, followed by a short 20 to 30 city tour. Then they finish an album from what's left of the Mick/John/Lindsey recordings and release a new album ASAP. After that, a full tour.
yeah, nice theory except it would fail on your opening point. i've never seen a good media blitz from their PR team, in the recent years.

plus, i think they should have finished that album already, and from the speed that Men of Mac (and seemingly Christine) have been working, they are more then capable of doing it. they had 2 months off, and most of John's parts were already recorded. now their PR could take over to package and sell it, together with Christine being back.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-21-2013, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
This is the most logical solution I've ever heard. Here's why: By doing 20-30 dates, they get their chops up for the album.
if i was not too lazy i'd pull some vids of LB's intros on UL saying exactly that. we've seen how that ended up.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-21-2013, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
One other thing I was thinking about was that if they all decide to do something together, that pushes Stevie and Lindsey's solo plans back for another 1-2 years. As of late, they both have had more happiness in their solo projects. Whenever they re-group as Fleetwood Mac, it really does seem like a cash grab. They are probably both thinking "do I want to spend another 2 years with FM?"
i know.

however much i'd really love to see FM with Christine back, i dread not having Lindsey solo back.

i hope that, if they weren't working on finishing that Mac album in these 2 months, he was working on new solo stuff. interspersed with cool collaborations like NIN.

Old 12-21-2013, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'd love for them to scrap any previous work, however. Just do a fresh start. LB's music sound so recycled sometimes. Christine the same in past era's... Just start melding tunes with LB and CM arraning the majority. I need some magic.
they can do magic on songs they started, considering they both geared them for the Mac. now when dynamic has shifted, they can completely change them if they feel like it.

for an example of how the same song can be recorded in several completely different ways at the same time, look no further than Lindsey's Seeds We Sow acoustic vs electric version.

Old 12-21-2013, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This is the most logical solution I've ever heard. Here's why: By doing 20-30 dates, they get their chops up for the album. This makes the album that much more, "spot on". I'd love for them to scrap any previous work, however. Just do a fresh start. LB's music sound so recycled sometimes. Christine the same in past era's... Just start melding tunes with LB and CM arraning the majority. I need some magic.
I think they ultimately need to use the previous work at some point, even if it means rerecording everything.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-21-2013, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think they ultimately need to use the previous work at some point, even if it means rerecording everything.
A couple of years ago in 2007, Shout Factory productions started a series of "full albums performed live". Heart was the first band up and they did the whole Dreamboat Annie live!

This would be a perfect time to perform Tusk, or Rumours in it's entirety, imagine that project. That's a great way to get back to their groove.
Old 12-21-2013, 05:06 PM

Quote:
I know, but I just hate to think the EP is going to be used again.
Old 12-21-2013, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
why would it be? they recorded 5 more LB songs besides the 3 on the EP. if there are 3 songwriters on the album, 5 is probably already too many from 1 of the 3.

Old 12-21-2013, 06:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
To be clear, I was not talking about them using songs from EP for the next Fleetwood Mac album, I was talking about using the five unreleased songs the guys recorded. Although, I think EP could be used in a deluxe version of a new album.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
why would it be? they recorded 5 more LB songs besides the 3 on the EP. if there are 3 songwriters on the album, 5 is probably already too many from 1 of the 3.
It's a great starting point. I wonder how many songs Christine has written. If she brings in four songs, then all Stevie would need is three or four, which is very doable.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-21-2013, 06:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
To be clear, I was not talking about them using songs from EP for the next Fleetwood Mac album, I was talking about using the five unreleased songs the guys recorded. Although, I think EP could be used in a deluxe version of a new album.

It's a great starting point. I wonder how many songs Christine has written. If she brings in four songs, then all Stevie would need is three or four, which is very doable.
On the Ken Bruce radio interview this year she said she had written about 8 songs, two of which are more developed than the rest!
Old 12-21-2013, 06:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
On the Ken Bruce radio interview this year she said she had written about 8 songs, two of which are more developed than the rest!
yeah i thought she said how many she has written, how many she has recorded already, and how many of those recordings were more developed. just can't remember exact numbers but they were encouraging.

Old 12-22-2013, 05:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yeah i thought she said how many she has written, how many she has recorded already, and how many of those recordings were more developed. just can't remember exact numbers but they were encouraging.
I listened to it last night. My post tells you what she said. 8 are written and recorded on her recording machine.

Last edited by Ulpian; 12-22-2013 at 05:35 AM..
Old 12-22-2013, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It wouldn't be a bad idea to add the EP songs since they are currently unavailable on a physical format. Lindsey has been teasing on the tour that they could appear on some other format in the future, so who knows. I would venture that most longtime fans would want these songs on a CD anyway. They could even have Christine add harmony vocals to "Miss Fantasy" and "Sad Angel" to freshen the songs up a bit.
Old 12-23-2013, 12:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
One other thing I was thinking about was that if they all decide to do something together, that pushes Stevie and Lindsey's solo plans back for another 1-2 years. As of late, they both have had more happiness in their solo projects. Whenever they re-group as Fleetwood Mac, it really does seem like a cash grab. They are probably both thinking "do I want to spend another 2 years with FM?"
Christine's return changes the equation.

I don't care if Stevie and Lindsey ever do more solo albums. It's been done, with mixed results. Now it's time to be a band again.

(Although, if Stevie and Lindsey decided to do a bunch of solo projects, I'd love for the Brits to do a blues album/tour with Rick Vito.)

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-23-2013, 12:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Whilst I'd prefer all new material for an upcoming Mac album, if three of the EP tracks were revisited with contributions from Christine, I wouldn't object. Sad Angel is fine as it is, but Christne's piano and backing vocals wouldn't go astray. Miss Fantasy could definitely benefit from being beefed up a bit - it's kind of insipid and aimless in it's present state. It Takes Time is gorgeous already, but a delicate harmony vocal from Stevie could be wonderful.
Without You just needs to be buried at this stage.