The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:05 AM
Ledgie

Wildhearted, enjoyed your review. I was just to your left - and I got a photo of Lindsey signing your Tusk album cover.

You've got my business card, get in touch and I'll email it to you. A nice momento to go with your autographed album!
Old 06-11-2013, 09:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by deluge View Post
Wildhearted, enjoyed your review. I was just to your left - and I got a photo of Lindsey signing your Tusk album cover.

You've got my business card, get in touch and I'll email it to you. A nice momento to go with your autographed album!
Yes, I surely will! Thanks!
Old 06-11-2013, 09:38 AM
Senior Ledgie

Great review Wildhearted!

I have a random question for you- I was thinking to bring an album for an autograph at my meet and greet too. You said you also got it signed by Lindsey- so were you holding onto it the whole concert? Did you have a backpack or something? I'm just trying to figure this silly little detail out for myself
Old 06-11-2013, 09:39 AM
Ledgie

Default Report from front and center at the stage in Atlanta

Thanks to helpful advice from Ledge members "FMLex", "juniper", and "elle", I was able to stand front and center at the stage for last night's Atlanta show. My favorite location for Fleetwood Mac. Thank you Ledgies!

I think it's awesome that the band wants and encourages fans to stand at the stage. Makes for a much better energy.

I'll leave it to others to review the set list song by song. A few thoughts from front & center:

- The band was tight. Gold Dust Woman in particular was intense.

- During a Stevie Nicks song, while Lindsey was standing front and center and he was looking at the audience in front, I made eye contact with Lindsey, and I motioned that he has heart. And we did that thing that guys do when they make eye contact and nod heads in respect to each other. Guys, you know what I mean. Maybe it was my black v-neck tshirt that I was wearing - I wear them all the time, it's my signature shirt (not because LB wears them, but because I just like them), and it cracked me up wearing it to the show, knowing that LB would of course be wearing the same.

At one point between songs, Lindsey seemed to be having problems with his right hand - he had to shake it out. Not sure if that was a problem with the tips of his fingers (problem he had on his last solo show in Atlanta) or if his hand was bothering him. After he shook it out, he soldiered on.

- Stevie doesn't seem to make eye contact with or connect with the audience. But she was pure Stevie Nicks, and perfect just the way she was. Loved her top hat that she wore occasionally. I didn't notice as many women dressed like Stevie Nicks last night, as compared with other FM shows I've been to in the past. I noticed a few times between songs when she was pressing her hand into her lower back massaging it, seemed to me that her back was bothering her.

- Mick and John were exactly the same as I've always seen them since the first Fleetwood Mac show I saw many years ago. It's comforting to know that some things in life don't change. Best rhythm section in rock n roll.

- I am grateful to have had the opportunity to be front and center standing at the stage last night.

- In particular, grateful to have had the opportunity to get to briefly strum Lindsey Buckingham's guitar during his solo during "Go Your Own Way" - for a fifth time in a decade!! I got video of the entire song, including extreme close up video as I strummed his guitar, and I'll post it on The Ledge later today.

- Got some nice photos, too. I'll add them to an online photo album, and share them later.

- All in all, a very enjoyable show. The fans up front were very good, too. It was a treat to be at the stage again. Being up front, it's easy to forget there are many thousands of people in the stadium, and it was almost like having the band perform just for me.

- A question for everyone: A roadie was nice enough to give me a guitar pick after the show. On one side of the pick, it has a drawing with an icon of a guitar pick with a red circle and slash around it (as in "no guitar picks" - we all know Lindsey doesn't use them). On the other hand it is printed "L.B." on top and "T.I." directly under that. I'd assume that "L.B." stands for Lindsey Buckingham. Anyone know what "T.I." stands for??!!

Thank you Ledgies for being so awesome!

In Atlanta,

Deluge
Old 06-11-2013, 09:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecalmsea View Post
Great review Wildhearted!

I have a random question for you- I was thinking to bring an album for an autograph at my meet and greet too. You said you also got it signed by Lindsey- so were you holding onto it the whole concert? Did you have a backpack or something? I'm just trying to figure this silly little detail out for myself
I was right against the stage all night, so I just put the album (along with my purse) on the floor by my feet. Luckily since I was right there, there wasn't really anybody bumping into me or anything and no one to step on my stuff.Then, when the time came, I just reached down and picked it up
Old 06-11-2013, 10:33 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks to helpful advice from Ledge members "FMLex", "juniper", and "elle", I was able to stand front and center at the stage for last night's Atlanta show. My favorite location for Fleetwood Mac. Thank you Ledgies!
Nice story!! What advice helped you get to the front of the stage? Just curious...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
I was right against the stage all night, so I just put the album (along with my purse) on the floor by my feet. Luckily since I was right there, there wasn't really anybody bumping into me or anything and no one to step on my stuff.Then, when the time came, I just reached down and picked it up
Oh that worked out perfectly for you! Thanks!
Old 06-11-2013, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
you're so welcome, glad it worked and you managed to have nice moments of interaction with Lindsey.

Quote:
- A question for everyone: A roadie was nice enough to give me a guitar pick after the show. On one side of the pick, it has a drawing with an icon of a guitar pick with a red circle and slash around it (as in "no guitar picks" - we all know Lindsey doesn't use them). On the other hand it is printed "L.B." on top and "T.I." directly under that. I'd assume that "L.B." stands for Lindsey Buckingham. Anyone know what "T.I." stands for??!!
i'm so jealous!! i really don't care for physical mementos but i really want that pick! and i've never managed to get a pick out of Lindsey yet. last time i asked him at the stage during one of SN's songs in Philly, he said i don't need it or something like that and wouldn't give it to me.

LBTI stands for Lindsey Buckingham Touring Incorporated... i think. it's been a long time since someone told me what it was. people can correct me if i'm off in one of the words.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-11-2013, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
you're so welcome, glad it worked and you managed to have nice moments of interaction with Lindsey.

i'm so jealous!! i really don't care for physical mementos but i really want that pick! and i've never managed to get a pick out of Lindsey yet. last time i asked him at the stage during one of SN's songs in Philly, he said i don't need it or something like that and wouldn't give it to me.

LBTI stands for Lindsey Buckingham Touring Incorporated... i think. it's been a long time since someone told me what it was. people can correct me if i'm off in one of the words.
I still think it stands for Lindsey Buckingham Turner I

Old 06-11-2013, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Speaking of picks, he did throw one to someone in the audience and I guess they caught it, because he said, "Good catch."
Old 06-11-2013, 03:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks deluge for sending me this! So awesome to have!

Here's Lindsey signing my album.

Old 06-11-2013, 03:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
Thanks deluge for sending me this! So awesome to have!

Here's Lindsey signing my album.

Great pic and still such a handsome man!

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 06-11-2013, 05:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My annoyances from the show:

A backstage security guard came over to some ladies behind us and said "How many are with you total?" They said "five." He then said "Well, I'm going to come back and let you guys move to the front in a minute."

Of course I realized it was because they were blonde and really didn't seem like fans...then, they solidified this by saying "I think it's because we're pretty - that's why he's moving us up." I was very happy when he NEVER came back to get them.

Also, there was a VERY annoying man seated near us who said "OH WELL!!!" very loudly after every song. Basically he would say "OH WELL!!!!! Guess we're 'Never Goin Back Again'!!!" "OH WELL!!! Guess it's going to be a Landslide!" SO SO SO ANNOYING!

Great things about the show:

From the very beginning I realized security was going to be very lax about cameras when they let us come to the stage from the front row and take pictures in front of the stage. The security guards even took the pictures for us. They allowed us to video and take pictures the entire night and never had a problem with it.

Stevie seemed to have more energy than normal. She was smiling a lot. I actually noticed a lot of interaction with the audience from Stevie. Granted, it was not while singing, but in between songs she would smile at people and mouth things.

Stevie's voice was on point and she never seemed to struggle. Lindsey had so much energy that it was infectious.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Someone's Gold Dust Woman video from Atlanta:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPnaz4_5jGU

At 1:04 you will notice what I was talking about with her voice during "CRY OUT LOUD!!" At the concert it was very amplified and powerful. The youtube video doesn't do it justice.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:52 PM
Ledgie

Wildhearted, I saw LB signing your album and wondered if you were a Ledgie!!!

Great, great show! I was at 7th row, Lindsey's side. Wow. My friend who came with me is a casual FM fan, but she is now a full fledged Lindsey fan. She could not believe how wonderful he was...and how hot he is!!!!

I loved sitting (standing) on Lindsey's side. I love the way he really makes eye contact with the audience. I also enjoyed watching him during Stand Back as he was mouthing the words to people in the audience. So cute!

Stevie was gorgeous as ever. I do wish I could have scored seats even closer to the front, but I can't complain. It was awesome and I wish I could go to another show!!!
Old 06-11-2013, 06:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If I think it's the ones you are speaking of I know them and have known them for quite some time. Yes, it was just because they were blonde and had fake boobs. Another friend of mine that is friends with them told me about it after the show. They just randomly walked up to them and asked them if they would like to go up. They are not "true fans" and when they were being ushered up they walked right past me and I said, "Tiffany, Stephanie?! What's going on?" They are twins by the way and they said they were just being upgraded. Needless to say I was not too happy. I get it though....they wanted some PYT's that would have more energy than all the "grandmas" I saw going up. Pretty ridiculous!

Brittany

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShangriLaTroubl View Post
My annoyances from the show:

A backstage security guard came over to some ladies behind us and said "How many are with you total?" They said "five." He then said "Well, I'm going to come back and let you guys move to the front in a minute."

Of course I realized it was because they were blonde and really didn't seem like fans...then, they solidified this by saying "I think it's because we're pretty - that's why he's moving us up." I was very happy when he NEVER came back to get them.

Also, there was a VERY annoying man seated near us who said "OH WELL!!!" very loudly after every song. Basically he would say "OH WELL!!!!! Guess we're 'Never Goin Back Again'!!!" "OH WELL!!! Guess it's going to be a Landslide!" SO SO SO ANNOYING!

Great things about the show:

From the very beginning I realized security was going to be very lax about cameras when they let us come to the stage from the front row and take pictures in front of the stage. The security guards even took the pictures for us. They allowed us to video and take pictures the entire night and never had a problem with it.

Stevie seemed to have more energy than normal. She was smiling a lot. I actually noticed a lot of interaction with the audience from Stevie. Granted, it was not while singing, but in between songs she would smile at people and mouth things.

Stevie's voice was on point and she never seemed to struggle. Lindsey had so much energy that it was infectious.

"I always return here..."