Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-15-2013, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Atlanta

Hey everyone! Just found out today that I can get the days off from work for the Atlanta show! I will be actively looking for tickets on TM but if anyone hears of anything popping up in the first few rows for 2 tickets would be great...1 would be ok too. That just means my husband can't go but as long as I can it's all good.

"I always return here..."
Old 06-09-2013, 11:26 AM
Ledgie

Can't wait until the Atlanta show tomorrow!!!

I am assuming there will be other Ledgies in attendance??
Old 06-09-2013, 09:21 PM
Junior Ledgie

I'm going too! the arena is three blocks from me so I'm just going to walk on down, singing Fleetwood Mac songs at the top of my voice!

Tiffany

"There's no use in crying, it's all over
But I know there'll always be another day
Well my heart will rise up with the morning sun
And the hurt I feel will simply melt away"-Why. C. McVie
Old 06-09-2013, 09:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedGypsy View Post
Hey everyone! Just found out today that I can get the days off from work for the Atlanta show! I will be actively looking for tickets on TM but if anyone hears of anything popping up in the first few rows for 2 tickets would be great...1 would be ok too. That just means my husband can't go but as long as I can it's all good.
Hope you find a Great seat. I'm still amazed by the show in Tampa, they are energized and having a great time. Hope everyone has a wonderful and safe time at the Atlanta show.
Old 06-10-2013, 12:20 AM
Ledgie

I will be there! Looking forward to a great show. I've intentionally *not* watched the video or looked at the setlists for the shows to-date. So it will all be fresh for me!
Old 06-10-2013, 06:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I haven't watched anything either. I don't even have tickets yet! I'm hoping to score last minute seats like we did for Unleashed. That year we walked right up to the box office and got bitchin' seats. I hope it happens this year!

"I always return here..."
Old 06-10-2013, 08:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedGypsy View Post
I haven't watched anything either. I don't even have tickets yet! I'm hoping to score last minute seats like we did for Unleashed. That year we walked right up to the box office and got bitchin' seats. I hope it happens this year!
have fun at the Atlanta show tonight. can't wait for pictures and videos.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Looking forward to the show tonight!
Old 06-10-2013, 11:03 AM
Ledgie

I've been checking yesterday and all morning today, and I'm surprised that floor tickets haven't dropped for tonight's show in Atlanta. In fact, all morning there are no floor seats whatsoever on ticketmaster.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by deluge View Post
I've been checking yesterday and all morning today, and I'm surprised that floor tickets haven't dropped for tonight's show in Atlanta. In fact, all morning there are no floor seats whatsoever on ticketmaster.
Due to the packages Mick sold, the "drop" that people have been used to in the past just doesn't follow the same pattern it did in the past.

Michele
Old 06-10-2013, 05:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

On the road now to Atlanta. Im with all yall as far as not watching any videos or anything prior to MY show. The last time i saw Stevie in 2011 i had watched so many videos on youtube & I do believe it took some of the excitement out of it. I still almost pooed myself when i got to be as close to my darling Stevie than i ever been. Haven't been very active on the Ledge either cause didn't want to get to excited about my show that i couldn't focus on life. Which also happened in the past. Anywho- we got floor seats. Pretty excited!

He asked me for my love
And that was all
Old 06-10-2013, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I shouldn't be posting during the show... But stevie dedicated landslide to her godson mathew & said he was here tonight. Said his mother would be very proud of him. Just precious

He asked me for my love
And that was all
Old 06-10-2013, 11:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

AMAZING show! A lot of funny moments with the band. I think Gold Dust Woman was my favorite of the night. She has added so much to it since the tour started..It's very powerful. When she sang "no they don't CRY OUT LOUD!!!" she sang it with a lot of extra fierce that I haven't heard on the youtube videos.

I'm tired and going to bed, but it was worth every penny! LOVED IT! My favorite Mac show of all the ones I have been to.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Amazing show!!! More later...
Old 06-11-2013, 01:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Okay, this is probably going to be long and somewhat incoherent. So forgive me. But here's my review/recollection.

This was my first Fleetwood Mac show. I've seen Lindsey and Stevie solo multiple times but never FM. I met up with Dee at the Meet & Greet and it was great.

They came and got us for the Meet & Greet around 5. There was a slight hold-up afterward because someone who worked @ Phillips was all concerned about us bringing point and shoot cameras inside and had to go get some super special security guy to make sure it was okay. After that, it was good. We went inside and got to listen to the end of soundcheck before they let us in the arena.

When we were inside, they sat us in the first few rows and we waited for Mick to come out. He promptly led us onstage and we crowded around as he spoke. A guy there had on a Rob Zombie shirt which Mick saw and commented on, asking if it was the guys band. He then went on to tell us about how he used to tour with Black Sabbath, about how Ozzy looked to him like a father figure, about how the drummer used to use an oxygen mask. Then he talked more about the early days and kind of how they've succeeded as a band because they have a connection (he used an example about him and his friend from boarding school - they always got in trouble because they'd laugh when they looked at each other).

When it was time for pictures, they set it up so that if you were in a group, one person would get their shot, then the group, then the other person. I was the 3rd person to go, but they must have thought I was in a group because when I walked away they were like, "Don't you want another picture?" and so I went back and got a picture with the guy who had the Rob Zombie shirt on. Don't know him, but I just went with it.

Afterwards, we went back to the seating for the autographs and Q&A. I got a Tusk album and my laminate VIP pass signed. There were a lot of questions about drumsticks. Mick told us that at the last show, while he was playing the end of his stick exploded and all of the content flew into his eyes and into his lungs. "Little did they know, the drummer was blinded after the second song." It was a funny story. He explained that his sticks are aluminum, which don't sound as good as wood but are better on his wrists etc. Someone in the group asked about Stevie & Lindsey joining, which would have bored me, if someone else in the audience hadn't spoken up and said they were actually at the last show Buckingham Nicks played when they announced they were going to be joining Fleetwood Mac. I asked Mick: "If you could switch places with another band member for a show, who would it be?" He said John, because playing bass would be the easiest for him to understand. He talked a lot about his favorite music and his favorite drummers. Someone asked what 2013 Mick Fleetwood would tell 1977 Mick Fleetwood, and he said that while he doesn't beat himself up about anything, he wishes he would have been more present in his eldest daughters' lives. He doesn't know what his spirit animal would be - but he does have one. There is a spirit animal.

Then they ushered us out.

When we came back, we were planning on going to stand at the stage but no one else was up there so we hesitated and just sat in our 4th row seats. 2 security guards were standing up there. When the lights went down, however, the front row went to the stage so I bolted out of the 4th row and up to the front by Lindsey but a lady in the aisle told me to go back to my seat. Right as I got back to my seat, everyone from the rows behind me went up to the front and she didn't say anything, so I went back up to the front and we secured a spot right in front of Lindsey's more center monitor.

The band came out and they all looked great. In general, it was fabulous. The sound wasn't the best where I was (which could be expected) so I had a hard time hearing Stevie on songs she wasn't singing lead, but everyone seemed to be in fine form. Stevie told us she had lived in Atlanta ("Atlanta, Georgia," she said, in a Blanche Devereaux accent) for 3 months with Sharon and Lori and they loved it.

I'm going to go through the songs I can remember specific things about... probably not in order, sorry.

When Lindsey started his axiom speech, I held up my Tusk album and he saw it. He stopped his speech and laughed and then pointed to me and said something along the lines of, "Looks like we've got a Tusk fan here!" It was so great.

Stevie dedicated Landslide to Matthew Anderson and told him that his mom was proud of him. At the end, Stevie and Lindsey linked pinkies and Lindsey mouthed, "Pinky promise."

During the Without You intro, Stevie started on about how this was a song written in 1971, when she and Lindsey had been in a band for 3 years and when they had been going together for a long while. Lindsey got a funny look on his face and then scooted back to Mick and said, "We hadn't been going together for a long time in 1971.." and they both laughed.

Gold Dust Woman was amazing. I don't even have words for the ending. Stevie was so, so into it. When it was over, she and Mick stood there looking at each other like, "Wow."

Sisters was also great. Very intense (but not silent).

Lindsey killed I'm So Afraid, as usual. Fantastic.

I was very impressed with both Gypsy and Sara. Those are 2 that I sometimes am not crazy about live, but they really pulled them off well and I thought they sounded superb. The best I've heard them in recent times, really.

Go Your Own Way was super energetic and a definite crowd pleaser. I got to strum Lindsey's guitar. That reminds me: I'm not sure when, but at some point Lindsey was standing close to the edge of the stage and I remember someone to my left reaching out and touching his shoe. There's not really a point to that other than I found it amusing.

I actually really enjoyed Mick's drum solo, although the "Take it easy, take it slow, don't be shy, etc" chanting was slightly creepy.

When Stevie and Lindsey came out for the second encore, I held up my Tusk album again with a pen against the top of the stage. Lindsey walked over to his mic, then saw my holding it up and came and got the pen from me and signed it as I held it. Thanks, Lindsey! Now it's got both Mick and Lindsey's signatures.

Stevie seemed to put a lot into the ending of Silver Springs, which was nice. She was almost screaming (in a good way).

Stevie and Mick gave their usual goodbye speeches and that was it.

I'm sure I'll remember more tomorrow but this will have to do. Overall, not bad for a first Fleetwood Mac concert. I have videos of the Landslide intro, the ending of Landslide, part of Sara, the intro to Without You, and final bows.