Addicted Ledgie

Eyes of the World by ceoBailey

Old 06-23-2013, 09:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y82-...e_gdata_player

I just posted the video of Lindsey and Stevie calling out the guitar thief. Let's see if the link works.
Quote:
I didn't recall that I had the actual theft in process on my phone. I have uploaded it to YouTube. Hope the link works.
http://youtu.be/WkOk40BRdmY
Thanks for posting this! Priceless.
Old 06-23-2013, 01:18 PM
Junior Ledgie

Crazy.Can't believe the girl even had the nerve to try that.I was in section 1 and didn't even notice it .Maybe it was at the point that the person behind me spilt their beer down the back of my dress.Yeah that was fun.

The reaction especially Stevies is priceless.Not gonna happen.Stevie seemed even less amused than Lindsey was.

Amazing show though.I had a blast.Everyone was in top form.

Last edited by WowItsJustine; 06-23-2013 at 02:46 PM..
Old 06-23-2013, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I didn't recall that I had the actual theft in process on my phone. I have uploaded it to YouTube. Hope the link works.
http://youtu.be/WkOk40BRdmY
Thank you. So, Mick came up in his little red shoes and moved the guitar. That's great. Lindsey pantomining a guitar was pretty funny. You could tell Stevie was not amused.

The woman should have just slunk away in shame.

Thanks for sharing these.

Michele
Old 06-24-2013, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Nice picture of Stevie on this page] By SCOTT McLENNAN

http://www.providencejournal.com/fea...etwood-mac.ece

Providence Journal, June 21, 2013

MANSFIELD, Mass. — Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks are to classic rock what George Jones and Tammy Wynette were to country music and Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell were to rhythm and blues: the everlasting couple.

Though in real life the Buckingham-Nicks romance flamed out long ago, its myth still fed Fleetwood Mac’s nostalgia-laden concert at the Comcast Center on Friday.

After founders Mick Fleetwood and John McVie, plus the hired guns, took the stage, Nicks and Buckingham walked out hand-in-hand to start the show with “Second Hand News.”

Drummer Fleetwood, bassist McVie, and guitarist Buckingham easily recreated their parts from Fleetwood Mac’s mid-70s glory days. Nicks, still the high-priestess of romantic souls, has far less range and power in her vocals. She did not struggle through “The Chain,” “Dreams” or “Rhiannon,” but she also did not deliver those songs with any sort of spark. Applauding her efforts felt more like cheering for memories than finding life in the moment.

Fleetwood Mac can still orchestrate a brisk 21/2-hour concert. After a run through early hits, Buckingham introduced “Sad Angel,” one of two new songs included in the concert. That up-tempo number was far better than the hippie-lite wobble “Without You,” a song Nicks wrote in 1970 and introduced in a story that would have been tolerable at “rambling” but went on to tortuous lengths. Both songs fed the romance storyline in different ways, as did the Buckingham-Nicks embrace at the end of “Sara.”

Buckingham introduced a suite of songs — including “Sara — from the “Tusk” album with a speech about taking artistic risks, which that album was when it followed the monolithic “Fleetwood Mac” and “Rumours” albums. Of course the merits of artistic risk were on display when people streamed toward the concession stands when Buckingham began the “Tusk” deep cut “Not That Funny.” But a turn into that album’s “Sisters of the Moon” proved a treat to older fans, with Nicks noting the song hadn’t been part of the concert repertoire since 1981.

A mid-concert turn into stripped-down acoustic material was a highlight.

Buckingham launched it with “Big Love,” brought it to a peak when he and Nicks aired “Landslide” and gently brought it down with a duo reading of “Never Going Back Again.”

Late into the concert, Nicks and Buckingham each stretched out on theatrical numbers. Nicks went first with an extended “Gold Dust Woman.” Buckingham followed with his tightly-coiled “I’m So Afraid.”

Though Nicks is not the powerhouse she once was, she still has commercial clout, as the band followed her through her solo hit “Stand Back.”

Fleetwood Mac wrapped up its main set with “Go Your Own Way.” The encore portion contained the requisite Fleetwood drum solo (though shortened from past tours).

The final song was “Say Goodbye,” done with just Buckingham and Nicks harmonizing alone on stage, looking very much like a love story to be continued as long as there is an audience for it.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey and Stevie repeat "not gonna happen" to the would-be guitar thief:

Old 06-25-2013, 11:04 PM
Supporting Ledgie

^Wow. I'd be utterly ashamed if I was her. These are the kinds of people who "ruin it" for the rest of us.

She got called out multiple times, too! haha... I was surprised at how gracious Buckingham and Nicks were about it to be honest.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[But was the would-be guitar thief arrested?? Inquiring minds want to know. Be proud, guys. Overall, FM fans are not a criminal bunch of peeps. Arthritic, yes. Convicts, not so much.]

Mansfield Patch, June 25, 2013
http://mansfield-ma.patch.com/articl...uffet-concerts

Last weekend’s Fleewood Mac and Jimmy Buffet concerts at the Comcast Center provided a pair of relatively well behaved crowds.

Police made a total of 13 arrests over the weekend and took 18 people into protective custody.

Below is a summary of arrests and protective custodies from the two shows.

Fleetwood Mac

Arrests:

•Jacob Birkenfeld, 21, of Warwick, RI was arrested and charged with selling or delivering liquor to a person under 21.
•Christopher Miller, 20, of Warwick, RI was arrested and charged with person under 21 possession of liquor.
•Corey Childs, 20, of Duxbury was arrested and charged with person under 21 possession of liquor and possession of a Class B drug.
•Crystal Blauss, 24, of Providence, RI was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct.
•Sharon Wall, 42, of Framingham was arrested and charged with breaking and entering a vehicle/boat for a nighttime felony, disorderly conduct, malicious destruction of property under $250, and larceny under $250.

Protective Custodies:
1.A 17 year old male was placed in protective custody.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Sara by Jeff Connell

Never Going Back Again by Jeff Connell

Old 07-06-2013, 12:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Will as they say "Better late then never"Took some time off relaxing in vaca.

Mansfield was my first stop on my mini FM tour.

Technically my second if I include the Mohegan Sun show from April.

Ok I got to the venue about alittle after 5pm which was great and had time to relax and chat with some on you that were there.

I'm not going to do the play by play song by song because it probably will get boring and waste the Ledges bandwidth by do so.

As the show goes which was totally awesome.Stevie and Lindsey were on fire compared to the April visit at the Mohegan Sun here in the Nutmeg state.

Stevie's vocals were on top and Lindsey's vocals and his guitars playing were awesome and on fire.

As mentioned before as I noticed that Lindsey was singing loudly with Standback which was awesome and he was having a blast getting the crowd
wild up and singing back at him.

I got some great pix which I will post later and forget the vids because they came out like crap do to the camera takes crappy videos and my seat location. Security did not give a hoot about picture taking and videoing there.

I leave the video shooting to you pros out there to do.

I'm so glad that FM kept the set list intact for all of these shows.

As a group in their 60's .They still kick a$$ and continue to do so years to come.

I will probably add more later plus get the Jones Beach review up tomorrow sometime.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 07-06-2013, 12:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
I'm so glad that FM kept the set list intact for all of these shows.
Yes, given their history of dropping songs in the past, they've really done us proud this time around.

Glad you've enjoyed your FM tour.

Michele
Old 07-06-2013, 07:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
I got to the venue about alittle after 5pm which was great and had time to relax and chat with some on you that were there.
Who would have thunk that with 19,000 people there I would have run into you outside the bathroom? I also saw Ed and Grace and Caitlin.It was an awesome show!
Old 07-06-2013, 08:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Who would have thunk that with 19,000 people there I would have run into you outside the bathroom? I also saw Ed and Grace and Caitlin.It was an awesome show!

I t was nice to see you there Viv.

Yes you are right.Wow almost 20.000 people there.

I missed Grace and Caitlin there .I had a nice chat with Ed there. Hi Ed.

Old 07-06-2013, 08:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heres a couple of photos of the show.

Again they are not the best.I hopefully will have a new camera before the next tour.

Old 07-11-2013, 09:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sara by ceoBailey