Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-15-2014, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The part of the demo Stevie is singing in the clip is from 0:25 to 0:35
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 08-15-2014, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Rock A Little was such a strong album... it was very cohesive, up tempo, and easy to listen to. I kinda hate it doesn't get a whole lot of respect among fans.
It's weird. I didn't like RAL at all when I first heard it. I was really hoping for Rumours-Bella Donna "Stevie". I didn't appreciate how brilliant it was because I was expecting/hoping for other things. It took a good 10 years for me to go back, listen to it over and over and let it grow.

And now I LOVE IT. It has become one of my favorite albums. And I also concur that it doesn't get it's due respect. But I kinda like the fact that I'm one of the few who "dig" it. It's kind of like being in a secret club. But then, just being a "Stevie" fan in this day and age is also like being involved in a secret club!
Old 08-15-2014, 04:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This clip has given me a lot more faith in Stevie's solo career. I thought that if The Dealer was the standout song from 24 Karat, then we wouldn't hear anything amazing for a long time. THANK GOD FOR THIS CLIP!!! I really like it and I hope Stevie shows more of a variety of styles in the album than she did on In Your Dreams. That album just bores me a little now. It sounds harsh but I don't see any point in listening to it if I can rock out to Rock a Little or dance to The Wild Heart. I hope some people understand what I'm saying here. I don't want 24 Karat to have 14 bland-ish songs and two good ones. I want it all to be great and listenable like Bella Donna, The Wild Heart, Rock a Little and Trouble in Shangri-La. I think it will be great and I hope it doesn't sound as bland as In Your Dreams, even though the songs on that album were beautifully written.
Old 08-15-2014, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yet another fabulous clip - it's just getting more and more exciting

Thanks to everyone for posting the snippets, no need to check Instagram when there is The Ledge

This album is going to be great!
Old 08-15-2014, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
I believe when Stevie revisited these songs, she finally embraced the crazy RAL era. And I'd say it's about time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameGlassTable View Post
Love it .

Feels like "Rock a little"
Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I'm totally loving all the shades of Rock A Little we're seeing & hearing in 24k, too. Rock A Little was such a strong album... it was very cohesive, up tempo, and easy to listen to. It was really a departure from anything Stevie had done before. I kinda hate it doesn't get a whole lot of respect among fans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
It's weird. I didn't like RAL at all when I first heard it.

And now I LOVE IT. It has become one of my favorite albums. And I also concur that it doesn't get it's due respect. But I kinda like the fact that I'm one of the few who "dig" it. It's kind of like being in a secret club. But then, just being a "Stevie" fan in this day and age is also like being involved in a secret club!
I've gone on & on about my love for 'Rock A Little' on here in the past, so I won't bore anyone by repeating myself -- but I have to say that I'm loving all of the 'RaL' love of late.
Old 08-15-2014, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I never cared for the demo of Mabel Normand, but this clip rocks. Really excited about this album now.
Old 08-15-2014, 06:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I didn't realize Mabel Normand was a real person until I checked on her name:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mabel_Normand

Old 08-15-2014, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcomechris View Post
Oops I replied to the wrong one. Sorry

I mean what I say in the nicest way possible and i'm just saying I Don't Care may be a new track, since it is not copyrighted at all
No worries.

Like I said, I don't necessarily disagree. It's just that I can't shake the feeling that I've heard the music before. But it wouldn't be the first time for me being a wrong idiot, so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Gross thought.
I love Blue Denim. I love Sometimes It's A Bitch, too.
Old 08-15-2014, 07:28 PM
Senior Ledgie

I always liked blue denim and some times it's s bitch too! Never understood the hate. Sometimes it's a bitch ain't no dreams or stand back, but a good song.

I've loved all these clips. Got to read about maybel. Never heard of her

Last edited by gssmith; 08-15-2014 at 07:31 PM..
Old 08-15-2014, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think people don't like the pedestrian Blue Denim lyrics. I like Blue Denim, but not SIAB.

Michele
Old 08-15-2014, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

i can't stand the demo

but this ... this is interesting
i like it

ETA: i love all the RAL polaroids. she was such a hot mess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoursAndHours View Post

I hope you're right, and that she's finally embraced the era. It would be so great if she started pulling out some RAL & TOSOTM songs for her set again.
liTerally my idea of HEAVEN
a rocking Juliet.
long way to go
Rock a Little ... live eep

Last edited by StreetAngel86; 08-15-2014 at 07:49 PM..
Old 08-15-2014, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
This clip has given me a lot more faith in Stevie's solo career. I thought that if The Dealer was the standout song from 24 Karat, then we wouldn't hear anything amazing for a long time. THANK GOD FOR THIS CLIP!!! I really like it and I hope Stevie shows more of a variety of styles in the album than she did on In Your Dreams. That album just bores me a little now. It sounds harsh but I don't see any point in listening to it if I can rock out to Rock a Little or dance to The Wild Heart. I hope some people understand what I'm saying here. I don't want 24 Karat to have 14 bland-ish songs and two good ones. I want it all to be great and listenable like Bella Donna, The Wild Heart, Rock a Little and Trouble in Shangri-La. I think it will be great and I hope it doesn't sound as bland as In Your Dreams, even though the songs on that album were beautifully written.
To each it's own, but some fans, including myself, love In Your Dreams: I don't see it as bland at all. But then, we all have our personal preferences, perceptions and expectations, and I respect yours. Since Dave is again at the helm of this new album, are fans who weren't fans of Dave's production on In Your Dreams the least bit concerned at his involvement in this album? Is it any different now?

Last edited by PenguinHead; 08-15-2014 at 08:18 PM..
Old 08-15-2014, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
To each it's own, but some fans, including myself, love In Your Dreams: I don't see it as bland at all. But then, we all have our personal preferences, perceptions and expectations, and I respect yours. Since Dave is again at the helm of this new album, are fans who weren't fans of Dave's production on In Your Dreams the least bit concerned at his involvement in this album? Is it any different now?
I also love a lot of IYD ..like any Stevie album after Bella Donna it has it's flaws but IMO it really works as an entire piece .I think for the people that don't like it some of their complaints are that it is too slick or overproduced.It does not seem like that will be much of a problem for 24KG since they all only had a couple of weeks to record it,

Old 08-15-2014, 08:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

With all the love for RAL lately, does this mean in ten years time we'll see an outpouring of love for TOSOTM or Street Angel? Loving this snippet though, she's sounding alive again, really attacking the song vocally.

Old 08-15-2014, 10:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Reserving judgment on this one.