Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-11-2014, 11:51 AM
Registered

Default I Can't Wait Live

"We tried doing this song on stage one night and It was such a disaster that we never did it again" She says this around 1:21

I have like 30 different live recordings of I Can't Wait live from the Rock A Little tour. So why lie stevie?
Old 08-11-2014, 11:58 AM
Ledgie

She probably doesn't recall the other 29. Haha. Honestly, it was a bad era for her personally and I think she says somewhere that she didn't remember much of the tour. Or was it a different tour she doesn't recall? Idk. I, on the other hand, LOVE the "Rock-A-Little" album and thought that tour was good because of its rawness.
Old 08-11-2014, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcomechris View Post
So why lie stevie?
I don't believe it's intentional at all. As f2theox said, I think she really doesn't remember that tour very well. And, unlike us, she doesn't sit around listening to dozens of bootlegs. So while she remembers the fact that they did it, the rest might very well be a haze.
Old 08-11-2014, 01:03 PM
Senior Ledgie

By saying one time she ment one tour. I'm sure she remembers doing it several times. I can't wait only got played during rock a little tour
Old 08-11-2014, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hasn't Stevie said before that she doesn't remember a lot of the late 80's due to the coke/klonopin addictions?
Old 08-14-2014, 12:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gssmith View Post
By saying one time she ment one tour. I'm sure she remembers doing it several times. I can't wait only got played during rock a little tour
But she says one night.Also she says her "beautiful,long,silky hair" is much better than her shaggy permed hair.She totally ADORES herself!!She doesn't need us - she is her biggest fan.
Old 08-14-2014, 12:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I can personally attest that she performed it at the Costa Mesa and San Diego shows on the RAL tour since I was there..and I agree the song does not translate well live.

Old 08-14-2014, 10:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The few live recordings that I've heard didn't sound that bad.
Old 08-14-2014, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is a pretty good live version from Iowa: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySDgWajPyPE
I wish there were more recordings and footage, that hand-dance from the video she does looks so cool imo.

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/
Old 08-14-2014, 03:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanne2 View Post
This is a pretty good live version from Iowa: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySDgWajPyPE
I wish there were more recordings and footage, that hand-dance from the video she does looks so cool imo.
3:55 to 4:12 is my favorite part. It's what me and my closest friends have for years dubbed "the Stevie Shuffle". She also does it at one point during the end credits of the Red Rocks DVD. Hilarious! And I love how the audience goes WILD as she does it!
Old 08-14-2014, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
"We tried doing this song on stage one night and It was such a disaster that we never did it again" She says this around 1:21

I have like 30 different live recordings of I Can't Wait live from the Rock A Little tour. So why lie stevie?

That quote always bothered me, because anyone who attended shows on that tour knows otherwise. We should all know by now not to expect Stevie to be very accurate when it comes to remembering details of her past. It's not a deliberate lie; it's just her re-imagined memory of events.

Ledgies know the facts of her career better than she does. Much like rediscovering her songs on YouTube, I'd suggest to her to visit The Ledge if she wants to reference her past in accurate detail.
Old 08-14-2014, 08:59 PM
Senior Ledgie

I can also attest - ICW does look and sound good live . Now, later in the tour, maybe a little less.
Old 08-14-2014, 09:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

She might not be saying she only tried it once. I listened to the commentary again, and I think she might actually be saying something like, "and this one time, at RAL tour camp, I Can't Wait was so bad that we never performed it live again."

In other words, there was one particular performance that was so bad, because of how difficult it is, that they nicksed (ha!) it from the set.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I would love to hear ICW live now on tour.I think if she gives it a shot today with all of todays digital goodies in instruments and digital synth keyboards available and it should sound awesome without having a truckload of equipment to work with like in the 1980's.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 08-14-2014, 10:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoursAndHours View Post
She might not be saying she only tried it once. I listened to the commentary again, and I think she might actually be saying something like, "and this one time, at RAL tour camp, I Can't Wait was so bad that we never performed it live again."

In other words, there was one particular performance that was so bad, because of how difficult it is, that they nicksed (ha!) it from the set.
You're very good at twisting her quote into reason! But I think the song was in the set for the whole tour. Maybe she was so whacked out on that tour that she just doesn't want to remember. There are performances where she kind of loses her way in the song, but that was her issue, not the band. The song is no more complex than any other song. Maybe she says this because she just doesn't want to perform it anymore. It was a big hit, yet it became a one-tour song.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 08-14-2014 at 10:54 PM..