Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-27-2004, 12:38 AM
Ledgie

Talking Joan Crawford's secret child?

freaky ain't it?
Attached Images
File Type: bmp crawford.bmp (93.6 KB, 35 views)
Old 01-27-2004, 12:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Is that actually Joan Crawford or is it Faye Dunaway as Crawford?
Old 01-27-2004, 12:51 AM
Ledgie

that is faye I believe
here is a pic of the real joan...still creepy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg joan18a.jpg (58.5 KB, 24 views)
Old 01-27-2004, 12:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This thread reminds me how much campy fun Mommie Dearest was.

But definitely creepy.
Old 01-27-2004, 11:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Interstingly and somewhat sadly, Mommie Dearest is what people think of when they think of Joan Crawford. They do not remember that she was a very talented and great star.

Personally, I think that while Joan was no bed of roses (what self-made woman was at the time ) , that book was hyperpole and sour grapes. I mean if Joan was that histrionic, where were the rest of the witnesses, like that reporter in the "I'M NOT ONE OF YOUR FANS" scene. Also, the brother refused to have anything to do with it. So, in my book, Tina wanted to make money by sullying her mother's name.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 01-27-2004, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
Interstingly and somewhat sadly, Mommie Dearest is what people think of when they think of Joan Crawford. They do not remember that she was a very talented and great star.

Personally, I think that while Joan was no bed of roses (what self-made woman was at the time ) , that book was hyperpole and sour grapes. I mean if Joan was that histrionic, where were the rest of the witnesses, like that reporter in the "I'M NOT ONE OF YOUR FANS" scene. Also, the brother refused to have anything to do with it. So, in my book, Tina wanted to make money by sullying her mother's name.
Bette Davis is looking down at you and shaking her head. (Or is she looking up & shaking her head? )

- Jake
Old 01-27-2004, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Agreed!

I'll never forget when Tina went on a twentieth anniversary book tour and passed out wire hangers with autographed copies of that filth that some call a book. That is bad taste.

Ever read Bette Davis' daughters book? Much better, IMO. Bette makes Joan look like a humanitarian.

Old 01-27-2004, 12:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention

Agreed!

I'll never forget when Tina went on a twentieth anniversary book tour and passed out wire hangers with autographed copies of that filth that some call a book. That is bad taste.

Ever read Bette Davis' daughters book? Much better, IMO. Bette makes Joan look like a humanitarian.
I know the BD book was heartwrenching actually. Interestingly, BF Hyman was a born again Christian and her mother, on whom she and her husband were financially dependant, was dying. So, I take it with a grain of salt as well

Old 01-27-2004, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know the BD book was heartwrenching actually. Interestingly, BF Hyman was a born again Christian and her mother, on whom she and her husband were financially dependant, was dying. So, I take it with a grain of salt as well
Did you read Bette's book that challenged what her daughter said and where she said she was quite hurt by her daughter? *That* was a really sad book, especially when you take into consideration it was published the year Bette died.

Old 01-27-2004, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
Did you read Bette's book that challenged what her daughter said and where she said she was quite hurt by her daughter? *That* was a really sad book, especially when you take into consideration it was published the year Bette died.

Old 01-27-2004, 01:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My favotive quote of Crawford's is "The casting couch sure as hell beats the cold, hard floor."