The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-29-2004, 02:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: I like David too...

Quote:
Originally posted by darklinensuit
Lost on me. Picked for what? I don't have cable so I've never seen her show, remember? Not to mention I'm bitter about so many things. (All those summers down past your turnpike, for one.)

- Jake
On her show, she had a group of men that she chose from to go on a date with her. She picked a trucker and they went to the rodeo. At the rodeo, she met one of the cowboys and wanted to go out with him instead. Trust me, you're not missing anything by having not seen her show other than a really good laugh at her expense.

You know, I am going to eventually move out of NJ...then what will you do? You'll have to make fun of whatever state I move to. Oh wait, no, knowing you, you'll say, you can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take the Jersey out of the girl. Yep.
Old 01-29-2004, 03:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I like David too...

Quote:
Originally posted by GardenStateGirlie
On her show, she had a group of men that she chose from to go on a date with her. She picked a trucker and they went to the rodeo. At the rodeo, she met one of the cowboys and wanted to go out with him instead. Trust me, you're not missing anything by having not seen her show other than a really good laugh at her expense.

You know, I am going to eventually move out of NJ...then what will you do? You'll have to make fun of whatever state I move to. Oh wait, no, knowing you, you'll say, you can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take the Jersey out of the girl. Yep.
I have seen Stephanie Weir impersonate her on MadTV.

And I'm not concernned that you take Jersey out of the girl, just be sure to rinse it from the hair.

- Jake
Old 01-29-2004, 03:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I like David too...

Quote:
I have seen Stephanie Weir impersonate her on MadTV.

And I'm not concernned that you take Jersey out of the girl, just be sure to rinse it from the hair.

- Jake
Stephanie Weir KILLS me with her impression of Anna Nicole... it truly is a great portrayal of how she is on her show

I would try to rinse Jersey from my hair but I fear my hands would get stuck in the six tons of product
Old 01-29-2004, 03:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I like David too...

Quote:
Originally posted by GardenStateGirlie
Stephanie Weir KILLS me with her impression of Anna Nicole... it truly is a great portrayal of how she is on her show
Getting back to the topic, Stephanie & the late Gilda & late Madeline Kahn all have/had the sense of humor to be a great match for me. And Madeline was a particularly pretty lady physically, too. Loved her in Paper Moon.

- Jake
Old 01-29-2004, 07:38 AM
Senior Ledgie

Well...my husband is my perfect match....However, ...

I do find guys with brown hair and brown eyes extremely attractive (my husband does have brown hair but has green eyes)

My husband has his little celebrity crushes and I have mine. I scratch my head over his choices however since they are mostly odd choices...Alanis Morrisette (she's so damn angry) and Bette Midler (whom I LOVE but is old enough to be his mom!!) and even Barbra Streisand I believe (talk about total opposite of the woman he married)

Me on the other hand...I love Mike Richter (I know nobody knows who he is...former NY Rangers goaltender.)...to sum him up in one word OH MY GOD!!

Dave Matthews....So shy, so sweet, so humble...doesn't act at ALL like a celebrity...sensitive...funny...endearing and charming...and very intellegent believe it or not.

The only actor I think is attractive is Brendan Fraser...he's so gorgeous and sweet..

And they all have brown hair and brown eyes....(so did an old flame of mine that haunts me to this day, but that's another story for another time )

Still and all...me and hubby are happy and understand each other and our weird 'crushes' and that's all that counts
Old 01-29-2004, 09:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh Jake--Madeline Khan was taken away too soon, wasn't she? And Gilda too. So Sad.

Okay, now to the sex part--my objects of desire in real life tend to be blonde, fair, and with blue or green eyes. The last great love of my life (okay, there have only been 2) was the double jeopardy jackpot--he had one blue eye and one green eye! I like them smart and funny. I could never date anyone with a great sense of humor and smarts. They also have to like dogs. Very important! The funny thing is that Joe (LOML #2) was a dead ringer for LOML #1-Luke. When I was first introducing Joe to my friends and family they all would pull me aside and say, "Do you realize how much he looks like Luke?" Uh--well, now that you mention it. . . . . . damn, I'm like one of these shallow guys who dates a succession of blonde, model-types.

Now on to my celeb heartthrob list:

1) Keifer Sutherland . Hmmm. Yummy.

2) George Clooney . Modern-day Cary Grant , and I'm a complete sucker for anyone remotely close to Cary Grant (too many B&W movies as a kid).

3) Old-School: Harrison Ford --I first fell in love with Harrison Ford when I went to see Star Wars in 1976. I was 12. All my little friends were in love with Mark Hamil. Not me. It was Harrison Ford for me and was for a very long, long time. He's really showing his age now, but back in the day---damn--he was fine. Makes my heart skip a beat just thinking about him.

4) Really Old School: Sean Connery : No man finer or sexier on the planet. Possibly Ever. And he is still fine even though he's old enough to be my grandfather!

5) Russell Crowe: I just have this wild desire to take him home and clean him up. Like the whole rough around the edges thing.

Being a southern woman, I think I have a case of the vapors now. Too much contemplation on sexy men for me this morning!

Last edited by DeeGeMe; 01-29-2004 at 09:07 AM..
Old 01-31-2004, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Men!

My perfect man is Lindsey Buckingham. I will say that because he is the only man I can just listen to on the radio and I am 100% turned on. He doesn't have to be anywhere near me, just his VOICE.

And at the concert I spent the entire time sweating and trying to calm my heart down because he just does something for me. I mean this. He is my #1 crush LOL! ( I hope I'm not scaring anyone!!) LOL

Second...I'm not even sure. I find David Duchovny really hot. I find Harrison Ford hot. I find Bono hot. I find that guy Jake from Melrose Place hot. I find Greg Wise hot. I find Colin Firth hot. I find Robert Patrick hot. Those are my top men right now I think.
Old 01-31-2004, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

I'm a sucker for: A sexy voice, wacky sense of humor, a love for cats (I just think it's SO hot when a guy appreciates cats!), a love for music (especially if it's the same kind I like), a mischevious smile, an ability to dance and/or sing/play an instrument, and broad shoulders (especially when they're toned and have sexy toned arms attached to them) .

Stuff that really matters:
Morals/values-must be similar to mine to be a good match
Hygiene/cleanliness- I can't stand a slob!
Health- Doesn't have to work out every day but I can't stand a couch potato, and I won't date someone who has really unhealthy eating habits or just doesn't care what he eats.
Taste- I have to be able to appreciate his taste in stuff, and vice-versa
Interest in me- I'm Not interested in someone who's not absolutely ga-ga for me and not ashamed to show it...If he gives me the cold shoulder (and I don't deserve it), that's a huge turnoff.
Education- Don't care what college he went to just as long as he went to one and got a degree in something.
Height- OK this is totally sueprficial, but I can't help it- I just only seem to be attracted to tall guys (5'10" and up!)

Stuff that really doesn't matter:
Hair/Eye color
Skin color/Ethnicity
Money (as long as he can support himself)
Penis size (as long as it's functional)
Dress style (as long as he can pull it off with class!)
Car type
Hair style (as long as he's got some and it's clean)
Facial hair style
Weight (as long as he's healthy)
Job (as long as he makes an honest living)

Geez, does that sound like a personal ad or what?
-Sonia
"So I close my eyes softly... till I become that part of the wind that we all long for sometimes. And to those that I love like a ghost through a fog, like a charmed hour and a haunted song, and the angel... of my dreams"

"All alone we suffer. Oh, to steal your heart away."

Last edited by ERigby818; 02-01-2004 at 01:49 AM..
Old 01-31-2004, 11:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I base a lot of it on intangibles. Stevie Nicks is not a picture-perfect body, but wow. Whitney Houston is beautiful but lacking any sex appeal. My tastes in the physical run the gamut to include Stevie, Salma Hayek, Gabriela Sabatini, and Ashley Judd. A unique look combined with intelligence, artistry, & talent is great, so I'll take Cate Blanchett over JLo any day. And I know you asked about what catches my eye, but I think that too many people overlook the importance of kindness in the overall equation. A strong moral center is as important as anything that could ever catch my eye.

- Jake
Well said...Appearence is important at first, but it's the heart and mind that makes a person truly attractive. I've dated the typical beauty queens who are absolutely stunning, physically, but good luck trying to have an interesting discussion with them!

The key to long term happiness is finding the complete package!!

Rob

"The biggest conspiracy has always been the fact that there is no conspiracy. Nobody's out to get you. Nobody gives a sh*t whether you live or die. There, you feel better now? "

"(Sept. 11) was a big thing for me. I was saying to liberal America, "Well, what are you offering?" And they said, "Well, we're not going to protect you, and we want some more money." That didn't interest me."
- Dennis Miller
Old 02-01-2004, 02:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Here is my hottie.....

Mr. Mark McGrath

YUMMY
Old 02-01-2004, 05:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob67
Well said...Appearence is important at first, but it's the heart and mind that makes a person truly attractive. I've dated the typical beauty queens who are absolutely stunning, physically, but good luck trying to have an interesting discussion with them!

The key to long term happiness is finding the complete package!!

Rob
Gee, how hard can THAT be?

- Jake
Old 02-01-2004, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, I'd have to say that Lindsey Buckingham embodies every physical trait I find attractive in a man, albeit when he was younger, I mean he's still attractive for his age, but when he was in his early twenties and thirties....omg, watch out.

However, besides being an incredible musical talent, I don't know about his non physical attributes. I mean, I don't think I could last two seconds around him. He seems selfish, whiney, and a bit arrogant at times. And I wonder how "kind" he really is, well, supposedly he's mellowed with age, (and children) but in the past he came across as a major ass (no rhyme intended)! Don't get me wrong, I love Lindsey, but to tell you the truth, I don't know how Stevie put up with him as long as she did! Anyway, this post is going off on a tangent, so let me just conclude with my opinion that Lindsey has (or had) it all physically, but emotionally no way. Until recently, he has always been a basket case of emotions.
Old 02-01-2004, 12:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Gee, how hard can THAT be?

- Jake
Like finding a needle in a haystack...

Rob

"The biggest conspiracy has always been the fact that there is no conspiracy. Nobody's out to get you. Nobody gives a sh*t whether you live or die. There, you feel better now? "

"(Sept. 11) was a big thing for me. I was saying to liberal America, "Well, what are you offering?" And they said, "Well, we're not going to protect you, and we want some more money." That didn't interest me."
- Dennis Miller