The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Present Band
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-28-2020, 12:30 PM
cbBen cbBen is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 862
Default Mike C. / "Lockdown"

Mike plays all instruments: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=um2HLwseRaI
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 07-25-2020, 12:37 PM
FuzzyPlum FuzzyPlum is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,962
Default

I notice the official Fleetwood Mac Twitter account referred to Mike Campbell as 'Our friend'. Is he a friend of the band or a member of the band? Perhaps I'm being pedantic.

Our friend @MikeCampbellHQ wrote a fun new song called “Lockdown,” and is using it to raise money for @FeedingAmerica. Head to http://thedirtyknobs.com to see the full video, read a statement from Mike, and donate to receive a free limited edition Lockdown bandana.
__________________

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-25-2020, 02:25 PM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 5,171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I notice the official Fleetwood Mac Twitter account referred to Mike Campbell as 'Our friend'. Is he a friend of the band or a member of the band? Perhaps I'm being pedantic.

Our friend @MikeCampbellHQ wrote a fun new song called “Lockdown,” and is using it to raise money for @FeedingAmerica. Head to http://thedirtyknobs.com to see the full video, read a statement from Mike, and donate to receive a free limited edition Lockdown bandana.
Nope, you're just being observant. Typical revelation of their ongoing publicity bs. they just don't have to try as hard anymore, now that the tour farce is over.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-25-2020, 03:18 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 11,817
Default

I would say that he or Neil were never official members of the band.

That would probably require them getting a larger cut, and Mick ain't gonna go for that!
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-25-2020, 06:54 PM
Hawkeye Hawkeye is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 4,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I would say that he or Neil were never official members of the band.

That would probably require them getting a larger cut, and Mick ain't gonna go for that!

I agree unless they can manage to release one fu**ing song as this 6 piece, but they can’t accomplish even my incredibly low set expectations bar to legitimize them!
__________________
Never Dance with the Devil

He Will Burn You Down
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-25-2020, 07:03 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 6,944
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
I agree unless they can manage to release one fu**ing song as this 6 piece, but they can’t accomplish even my incredibly low set expectations bar to legitimize them!
That new song is literally two overdubs away from being Fleetwood Mac. It’s in the same category as “Can’t Help Falling In Love,” “Roll With Me Henry,” “Twisted,” LBCM, and all of the GOS songs with Mick, John, and Lindsey. Fleetwood Mac enough for me.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
THE Stephen Hopkins
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-25-2020, 03:57 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 6,944
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Nope, you're just being observant. Typical revelation of their ongoing publicity bs. they just don't have to try as hard anymore, now that the tour farce is over.
Except for that new almost Fleetwood Mac song that Neil, Stevie, Christine, and Mike did.

Also, Neil was referenced as a member of the band at the Peter Green shindig. Mick has said that they are committed to them and the road crew people said “six principals.”
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 07-25-2020 at 03:59 PM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved