User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-11-2018, 07:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
Not sure if this post was meant as an attack towards Lindsey or not but Neil Finn posted the following on Twitter

I’m a cowboy, on the steel horse I ride, Im wanted dead or alive.......so many questions!! What was the steel horse they rode? A Prevost ? How many of their fans wanted them dead? The following below was a response from an obvious SN Fan.

Replying to @NeilFinn @logan_kaylyn
Only the #LindseyBuckingham fans or as we not so lovingly call them "Lindsey's loons." You are loved Neil Finn.
right. that's our own gldstwmn . apparently she gradiated from here to twitter.

the rest of the responses to his post have nothing to do with FM. so his post may have not either. you and i just caught his post because gldstwmn cannot not obsessively mention LB so the whole thread came up in my LB search.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-11-2018, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Just to clarify--how does Stevie come across to you at this stage?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-11-2018, 07:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
right. that's our own gldstwmn . apparently she gradiated from here to twitter.

the rest of the responses to his post have nothing to do with FM. so his post may have not either. you and i just caught his post because gldstwmn cannot not obsessively mention LB so the whole thread came up in my LB search.
Oh my...a quick perusal of that twitter feed...
Old 12-11-2018, 07:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Did she get banned again?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-11-2018, 10:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Just to clarify--how does Stevie come across to you at this stage?
I love you Joe
Old 12-12-2018, 11:33 AM
Nicks Fan
This message has been deleted by Nicks Fan.
Old 12-12-2018, 11:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is totally out of line and disgusting. I have heard nothing about death threats and even if there have been why is that his fault. I certainly appalled if that is true re the threats but no reason to blame him and a reporter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 48053501_10161243705345603_4444332622033715200_n.jpg (56.4 KB, 39 views)
Old 12-12-2018, 11:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This is totally out of line and disgusting. I have heard nothing about death threats and even if there have been why is that his fault. I certainly appalled if that is true re the threats but no reason to blame him and a reporter.
This ridiculous line of thinking would mean no one could ever praise or criticize anyone, or give people a platform to do so themselves. Doing so might contribute to a proponent or opponent unduly targeting either the people criticized or praised, or their opposition in any dispute. Unless one explicitly calls for others to commit heinous acts, the two things (what someone says or writes and what it "inspires" someone to do) bear no relevant relationship to one another.

Last edited by cbBen; 12-12-2018 at 01:34 PM..
Old 12-12-2018, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This is totally out of line and disgusting. I have heard nothing about death threats and even if there have been why is that his fault. I certainly appalled if that is true re the threats but no reason to blame him and a rep orter.
why are we giving this garbage time of the day? Finn quoted Bon Jovi lyrics, and this person has a one track mind and didn't get that (obviously knows nothing about Bon Jovi so she immediately conlcuded it must be something about FM and jump on accusing LB of some complete ridiculousness as she tends to).

there are no threats other than in this person's head.

Old 12-12-2018, 09:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It appears she is grasping at anything to hang on him. She should be banned from here since all she does is attack.
Old 12-12-2018, 10:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
why are we giving this garbage time of the day? Finn quoted Bon Jovi lyrics, and this person has a one track mind and didn't get that (obviously knows nothing about Bon Jovi so she immediately conlcuded it must be something about FM and jump on accusing LB of some complete ridiculousness as she tends to).
It was hilarious and validating to see her doing the exact same thing on Twitter as she'd been doing here!
Old 12-13-2018, 02:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I appreciate Lindsey's candor, but... if he really hopes to be asked back into the band, perhaps he should ease up a bit. I'm not saying they don't deserve harsh words - they do - but sometimes discretion is the better part of valor.

Old 12-13-2018, 02:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I appreciate Lindsey's candor, but... if he really hopes to be asked back into the band, perhaps he should ease up a bit. I'm not saying they don't deserve harsh words - they do - but sometimes discretion is the better part of valor.
Given the candor of some of the responses this time, I have an image of him sitting at the interview wearing a device in his ear that was feeding him responses from Kristen in a phone booth outside. Or some sort of ankle device, where if he tried to give an obfuscatory answer she pressed a button that gave him a small electric shock.
Old 12-13-2018, 08:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Just a few days ago I said it woukd be nice to see them reconcile on a personal level. With the recent landslide dedication to Azoff, I say screw that. I hope he and Christine remain friends, but quite frankly who the h*ll cares if he ever performs with them as a group again. He should just move on to more exciting things that dont involve an oldies jukebox.
Old 12-13-2018, 10:12 AM
Senior Ledgie

Thank you for sharing this full interview. So good to read. He must feel so free now that the lawsuit is settled. Good for him finally able to get some thoughts out after such a year.

I like that he's left an open door with the band despite their betrayal and backstabbing; he doesn't have it hanging on his head that they've fizzled in such a sad way. (And he never has to go back.)

It makes me happy and he and Chris seem to be on good terms... here's hoping for BuckVie 2.
Old 12-13-2018, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Just a few days ago I said it woukd be nice to see them reconcile on a personal level. With the recent landslide dedication to Azoff, I say screw that. I hope he and Christine remain friends, but quite frankly who the h*ll cares if he ever performs with them as a group again. He should just move on to more exciting things that dont involve an oldies jukebox.
what what what??

well there's a clear signal if there ever was one.

it confirms to me that LB knows it's over and there's no chance for any sort of reconciliation, and that that has been why he's been willing to be so much more blunt. What's he got to lose? He's just not going to go as quietly as she thought and is going to take her on in the court of public opinion since that matters so much to her.

This just solidifies my initial belief when all this hit... the expression "revenge is a dish best served cold". She waited a long time, until her hot anger had cooled enough and then acted out of cold, hard calculation. At this point she.does.not.care. I think she stopped caring about him the minute he was a father. SHe's even said so-- that's when she knew it was over. I do think on some level he still loves her (not in a shipper way) and that's why this outburst from him, but she's done. She's cold as ice re: him.