The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-05-2012, 12:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Allow me to reintroduce myself. My name is HOV...

Just kidding.

I too have taken a really long hiatus. Mostly because I'm a busy college student and second is because I now have become obsessed with tumblr and twitter... and the ledge has taken the back burner.

Anyway, for those who don't know/remember me, I'm Michelle. (Hey Viv lol)
I'm 19 and a Michigan State student (no stalking me).
I'm a journalism major and economics minor and planning on going into business reporting instead of writing for the RollingStone like I've always wanted

I like long walks on the beach
and movies
...and cats.

Yeah...lol.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

^^^ Glad to see you posting again, chelluversu!
Old 12-05-2012, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
^^^ Glad to see you posting again, chelluversu!
Thank you
Old 12-05-2012, 10:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelluversu View Post
Allow me to reintroduce myself. My name is HOV...
I'm Michelle. (Hey Viv lol)
I was giggling at one of your recent twitter posts. Yet I felt so bad for you at the same time. It was your mini rant about the Fleetwood Mac tour dates and your future locations.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I was giggling at one of your recent twitter posts. Yet I felt so bad for you at the same time. It was your mini rant about the Fleetwood Mac tour dates and your future locations.
Duuuuude, I was telling my boyfriend about my favorite band being on tour and he asked when they were coming to town...he giggled a little at my problem. I would've dragged his ass along.

He's willing to drive me to another state just to go, though.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default hello, I am a FM fanatic!

Hi all, I am new here and am really excited about the upcoming FM tour. I was a member of SevenWonders for awhile and I want to reconnect with other FM/SN fans. I love the band and discussing anything FM...they are my favorite. I have to say I'm a little disappointed in Stevie (and I love the woman) not recording or wanting to do a new album.....seems I love them most working/touring together.

I have been a fan since 83-87, when I knew of SN, then realized she was a member of FM. Yes, I am well into my 30's and around the time of RAL I had no idea that Stevie (in her mind) had a “side” band. But since then I have come to appreciate (ALL Mac) esp Chris and Bob Welch eras, and Green.

Anywho, I am Ron Alan and I currently live in Ohio trying to put the pieces back together in this crazy world we call earth. One day I'd like to relocate to a warm, sunny space in the south. I currently work as a public servant...but often wonder what I could accomplish as a lyric/poetic analysist or simply put interpreter. One day I would like to finish Grad school by interpreting the lyrics in modern and classic music. We all can Dream, right?
Old 12-13-2012, 08:47 PM
Supporting Ledgie

^Welcome Ron.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:51 AM
Junior Ledgie

Default It's been so long for me here....

Just me. Ocie. Getting back into meeting some new people on here that are fans.

Good to see that there is an influx of younger people that are getting into the music, keep it alive, keep it going.

Hope to strike up some conversations I sit at a desk all day and can multi task.

Wishing everyone a Happy Holiday Season filled with music, love, and inspiration.

https://www.facebook.com/StevieNicksTribute

https://www.facebook.com/OcieMelansonRocks

Old 01-02-2013, 11:23 AM
Junior Ledgie

I never know how to start these things off. Reminds me of the ice breakers they make you do in college on the first day, which usually results in me staring with my mouth open dumbfounded and awkwardly introducing myself.

Anyway, I happened to stumble upon this site the other day after googling about FM dvds since I had Christmas money that desperately needed to be spent, and I am so glad I found this place. Being 26, I don't have too many (okay, none) friends who want to endlessly discuss, listen to, or watch anything FM related. I tend to be the one with the "unusual" taste in things anyway lol. Needless to say, I am thrilled I can come here and connect with other fans.

I have been a huge fan since, well probably birth. I have been lucky enough to be brought up by parents with awesome taste, and I was raised on 60s-80s era music, movies, and tv shows. They're both huge FM fans and my old man even got to seem them twice back in the 70s...all the things I missed out on being born in the wrong decade lol. My obsession really took off when I was about 11 and saw The Dance on tv. Talk about being completely transfixed, it was hypnotic. I love 'em all and have recently been exposed to the pre-'75 FM stuff, but Stevie Nicks will always be my fave. I don't know what it is about the band or her, or why I like them so much, but they will always have a special place in my heart.

I could keep rambling, but I don't want to creep anyone out. Looking forward to being a part of these boards!
Old 01-02-2013, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Welcome everybody!!
Old 01-02-2013, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheColKel View Post
Stevie Nicks will always be my fave. I don't know what it is about the band or her. I don't want to creep anyone out.
Stevie is a witch. When you listen to her sing, her voice casts a spell on you and you are captured as a fan for life. We welcome you.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:19 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Stevie is a witch. When you listen to her sing, her voice casts a spell on you and you are captured as a fan for life. We welcome you.

Well if that's the case, then I am happily bewitched. And thanks for the warm welcome.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi, I`m Kim, a 17 y/o 10th grade student from Georgia.
Musically, I love FM,of course, and most rock/metal from the 60s to the present.
I also have a mild disability called Cerebral Pasly, which affects my left aide.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:02 PM
Supporting Ledgie

^ Welcome, Kim! Nice to have you here.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:10 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Info on Mick's Paiste Gong

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC View Post
It's great to see new members and "old" lurkers getting in on all of the recent excitement. Introduce yourself- we are glad to have you here!
Hi Everyone,
I found this site while searching for photos of Mick Fleetwood on stage from 1970 through 1992. During this time period, Mick almost always had his 36" Paiste gong positioned directly behind him.
In 1992, he commissioned Pamelina (from Fender Custom-shop fame), to paint the gong with the "Shakin' the Cage" album art. After that, he only used the Paiste gong with "The Zoo", and switched to a Zildjian gong when he played with Fleetwood Mac- which he still uses to this day.
Anyway, I own the Paiste gong he used for 23 years. You can see it at fleetwoodgong.com, lots of photos and info there that I've put together over the last few years.
I'm very pleased to find here at The Ledge dozens of pictures of the Paiste gong on stage that I've never seen before.