Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-16-2007, 04:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Storms Book by Carol Ann Harris

Is it coincidental that LB will end his touring on June 30 and this book comes out on July1?

From Chicagoreviewpress
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3Den%26sa%3DG

Storms

My Life with Lindsey Buckingham and Fleetwood Mac

Carol Ann Harris (Author)

A consummate insider as the girlfriend of Lindsey Buckingham, Fleetwood Mac singer and guitarist, Carol Ann Harris leads fans into the very heart of the band’s storms between 1976 and 1984. From interactions between the band and other stars—Mick Jagger, Eric Clapton, and Dennis Wilson—to the chaotic animosity between band members, this memoir combines the sensational account of some of the world’s most famous musicians with a thrilling love story. Illustrated with never-before-seen photographs, the parties, fights, drug use, shenanigans, and sex lives of Fleetwood Mac are presented in intimate detail. With the exception of one brief interview, Carol Ann Harris has never before spoken about her time with Fleetwood Mac.

Extras:
Author Bio: Carol Ann Harris (Author)
Pub Date: Jul 01, 2007
Old 05-16-2007, 05:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh rats!! He won't be able to sign the odd copy on tour now.
Bet he'd be sorry to miss those.
(would have made a nice change from all those OOTC and GI, BN Cd's and LPs, he probabaly signs)

Last edited by tuigirl; 05-16-2007 at 05:50 PM..
Old 05-16-2007, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have ABSOLUTELY NO INTEREST WHATSOEVER in what this money-grubbing HO has to say!
Old 05-16-2007, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I want to get it and read it just for curiostiy's sake.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:02 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretchen View Post
I want to get it and read it just for curiostiy's sake.
I admit...I pre-ordered it from Amazon. (Inquiring minds want to know, and I am one of them.) Be it fact or fiction...

T.D.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:00 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
I have ABSOLUTELY NO INTEREST WHATSOEVER in what this money-grubbing HO has to say!
question. how do you know she's a money-grubbing HO? you know, i know, everyone knows i frickin love lb but what exactly has made her so hated? if i've missed something, please fill me in

edited: john has said there are a lot of crazy stories that no one has ever revealed. could it be that's what she's doing?
Old 05-17-2007, 01:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Daya View Post
question. how do you know she's a money-grubbing HO? you know, i know, everyone knows i frickin love lb but what exactly has made her so hated? if i've missed something, please fill me in

edited: john has said there are a lot of crazy stories that no one has ever revealed. could it be that's what she's doing?
The ho part was a figure of speech I'll say that. But here is a person who is using SOMEONE ELSES fame for their own gain. I find that repulsive. Now haveing said that, it's just my opinion, and if other people find what she has to say interesting, so be it.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Here is a review I found in Publishers Weekly. Looks like it is quite a page turner

Storms: My Life with Lindsay Buckingham and Fleetwood Mac
Carol Ann Harris. Chicago Review, $24.95 (400p) ISBN 978-1-55652-660-2

This is a fascinating if overlong look at the megasuccess of Fleetwood Mac in the mid-1970s, after the former British blues band recorded the laid-back rock songs of guitarist Lindsey Buckingham and singer Stevie Nicks that made the album Rumours one of the most popular of its era. While working at the band's recording studio, Harris, currently a music business costume designer, became Buckingham's girlfriend and constant companion from 1976 through 1984, and she gives a detailed look-more so than drummer and original member Mick Fleetwood's biography-at this already well-chronicled story of how the success of Rumours provided the income for extravagant cocaine-fueled excesses before, during and after performances. Harris too often uses clichés, such as her view of the band's "beautiful insanity." But she does candidly recount Buckingham's rage and his repeated physical assaults on her. Along the way, she offers great descriptions of the band's recording sessions, especially her account of Buckingham's desire to "create something new, something completely" different for Tusk, the more experimental (and less profitable) follow-up to Rumours. (July)
Old 05-17-2007, 04:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryscutter View Post
But she does candidly recount Buckingham's rage and his repeated physical assaults on her.
Lovely.

This book is going to suck. Poor Lindsey.
Old 05-17-2007, 06:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It will suck, as whatever she says will go down as fact in FM history. (among some fans) No one will look at her motivations. The fact she would even write a book about LB is lame but it is pretty obvious that the more smut and sex she includes, the better it will sell. Pathetic and I won't buy it.

"She has an exquisite femininity"......Lindsey
Old 05-17-2007, 07:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Dark in my flaming staircase, being totally unfamiliar with the artist or her music

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6 View Post
Lovely.

This book is going to suck. Poor Lindsey.
Lindsey never assaulted Carol. He was just spreading his intense genius in a manner more physically assertive than a stupid prole like Ms. Harris could ever understand. Duh.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SortaSavageLike View Post
Lindsey never assaulted Carol. He was just spreading his intense genius in a manner more physically assertive than a stupid prole like Ms. Harris could ever understand. Duh.
You do not want to get into a discussion with me about this, I promise you that.

Let Ms. Harris earn a few quick bucks and 15 minutes of fame. Whatever.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
It will suck, as whatever she says will go down as fact in FM history. (among some fans) No one will look at her motivations. The fact she would even write a book about LB is lame but it is pretty obvious that the more smut and sex she includes, the better it will sell. Pathetic and I won't buy it.
She is not the only one to allege LB is violent Moreover, if she were saying whollly untrue things, LB's people and, likely more so, La Nicks' people or FM's people (they are still a major money maker touring wise) would have stopped the publication of those lies. So, I think that while she may stretch it here and there, the book is based in truth.

In the end though, no one really gives a rat's a$$ in the big popular culture picture about LB. So, IMO, the less attention drawn to this book the better as it likely will sell poorly beased on LB's relative complete lack of significant relevance in the pop culture world.

As for her writing the book - they were her experiences and are a commodity. So, I do not fault her for that.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6 View Post
You do not want to get into a discussion with me about this, I promise you that.

Let Ms. Harris earn a few quick bucks and 15 minutes of fame. Whatever.
You certainly realize that LB has exihibited violent behaviour before

I just do not get why people are loathe to admit that. I like LB and think he is a genius. He also was a helluva nice guy when I met him. His temper to others does not take away from that
Old 05-17-2007, 08:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post

As for her writing the book - they were her experiences and are a commodity. So, I do not fault her for that.
Gimme a break. She was even more of a coke head than Stevie Nicks was, I doubt anything that comes out of her mouth is based on clear memories and objective reasoning. It's her right to share this with the world in order to make a few bucks? If people want to write biographies, that's fine by me, but don't do it solely to drag other people through the mud. Which is clearly the case here, because nobody even knows who the hell Carol Ann Harris is.

I don't even care if what she says is true or not, I am not arguing that here, I am just saying it's tacky.