Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Present Band
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-26-2018, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Fascinating Mike Campbell Interview in Rolling Stone

Really interesting article. In the article, Mike Campbell says that he is now a full member of Fleetwood Mac and not a hired player. From the tone of this article, I assume Neil has also become a full member. This all means that a future studio album with the new lineup is more likely.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...rorSxRTGGNz1ow

Last edited by Sugar Mouse; 10-26-2018 at 01:51 PM..
Old 10-26-2018, 02:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
Really interesting article. In the article, Mike Campbell says that he is now a full member of Fleetwood Mac and not a hired player. From the tone of this article, I assume Neil has also become a full member. This all means that a future studio album with the new lineup is more likely.

This is neither a new article that hasn't already been discussed, nor a 'fascinating' one

As much as you are Neil's BFF I am surprised that you think that after this tour is over that he won't return to his solo or family work and will, by choice, stick around to record an album....not that SN would even be on board to do so in the first place
Old 10-26-2018, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
This is neither a new article that hasn't already been discussed, nor a 'fascinating' one

As much as you are Neil's BFF I am surprised that you think that after this tour is over that he won't return to his solo or family work and will, by choice, stick around to record an album....not that SN would even be on board to do so in the first place
Knowing Neil, I would bet he does both; records a studio album w/ Fleetwood Mac and continues his other careers (solo, Finn Brothers, etc.). By the way, he's already finished another Finn Brothers studio album which is on hold while he pursues the Fleetwood Mac thing.
Old 10-26-2018, 02:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I think Stevie will record an album with FM now that Lindsey isn't in the band. 100%. I just wonder who will produce it. Neil is a possibility, I would imagine. Did Mike ever produce any songs by Tom or the Heartbreakers?
Old 10-26-2018, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Knowing Neil, I would bet he does both; records a studio album w/ Fleetwood Mac and continues his other careers (solo, Finn Brothers, etc.). By the way, he's already finished another Finn Brothers studio album which is on hold while he pursues the Fleetwood Mac thing.
By the way, I know this already, but thanks for continuing to think you are the only one that knows anything about the guy....you forget at a Mastermind challenge I could probably beat you hands down on NF trivia

And what further highlights my point, with his Lightsleeper promotion being minimised and new album with Tim, his preference will be to get back and focus on that.

Do you honestly believe Stevie Nicks wants to record another studio album, even without Lindsey?
Old 10-26-2018, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I think Stevie will record an album with FM now that Lindsey isn't in the band. 100%. I just wonder who will produce it. Neil is a possibility, I would imagine. Did Mike ever produce any songs by Tom or the Heartbreakers?
I highly doubt it.
As soon as this tour is done, she'll want to step right back into her solo focused career and wave goodbye to FM
Old 10-26-2018, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Mike produced Marty Stuart’s 2017 album “Way Out West.” Sounded great, and Marty seemed pleased with it.

Mike also did a lot of production work with Petty.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-26-2018, 03:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I highly doubt it.
As soon as this tour is done, she'll want to step right back into her solo focused career and wave goodbye to FM
Unless Mike pushes a Fleetwood Mac album. If Stevie ever has any aspirations to work with the Heartbreakers, she needs to make sure Mike is happy, and I think Mike and Neil want to put their stamp on Fleetwood Mac.

They all have other projects, but Fleetwood Mac will offer the most return for their efforts.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-26-2018, 04:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
"knowing Neil" LOL you are insufferable.
Old 10-26-2018, 04:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Thankfully we can laugh at ole Sugar Mick because othersie this would really be too much
Old 10-26-2018, 04:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sugar mouse meant "knowing Neil" the same way someone might say "knowing Lindsey, he will probably produce his next record" or "knowing Stevie, she'll probably twirl on stage during Gypsy."
Old 10-26-2018, 05:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Pot. Kettle. Black.

At least he hasn’t had a six month on-line temper tantrum over a band firing their guitarist.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-26-2018, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Fleetwood’s offer to make Campbell a full member of the storied Southern California band — not a hired hand — was both exciting and daunting. “I thought I’d never play big gigs again,” Campbell says. “I thought I’d never be on the G4 [private jet] again, and I’d never again play the Forum. Then all of a sudden, I’m like, ‘What the ****? How did this happen?’ ”

Lindsey getting "fired" is how it happened. I guess the "FM Partnership", minus Lindsey, agreed to this. Because according to Lindsey's Complaint, these major decisions are done by unanimous vote, not by majority vote. So technically Lindsey is still in the band and he didn't vote them in assuredly. And really none of this is official yet, until the case is decided. ?????? Mike and Neil you're still hired hands.

Last edited by jwd; 10-26-2018 at 05:24 PM.. Reason: added stuff
Old 10-26-2018, 06:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
Lindsey getting "fired" is how it happened. I guess the "FM Partnership", minus Lindsey, agreed to this. Because according to Lindsey's Complaint, these major decisions are done by unanimous vote, not by majority vote. So technically Lindsey is still in the band and he didn't vote them in assuredly. And really none of this is official yet, until the case is decided. ?????? Mike and Neil you're still hired hands.
How is Lindsey still in the band? Because he didn't agree to fire himself?

And for the life of me, I can't imagine FM has ever been able to do anything by unanimous vote.
Old 10-26-2018, 06:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
How is Lindsey still in the band? Because he didn't agree to fire himself?

And for the life of me, I can't imagine FM has ever been able to do anything by unanimous vote.

Yes, technically he is. Did you read the Complaint? Major decisions were always done by unanimous vote. Of course we're treading that oral agreement argument again. But they are legal and binding in a court of law.