User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-12-2018, 09:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netter75 View Post
Riiiiight. They've played the song at every single concert the band has done with Stevie present since 1977 and I'm sure it still stings so bad that "re-claiming" it would be very therapeutic for her
apparently you didn't listen to his decoinstructing of the song.

just her never-ending digs at him.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-12-2018, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

She’s been doing that since 1987, sometime between Kansas City (Sept. 30) and Indianapolis (Oct. 5), when Billy was in the band, and they kept doing it that way when Bekka was in the band.
ha! had no idea, obviously. thanks for sharing that info.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-13-2018, 12:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
ha! had no idea, obviously. thanks for sharing that info.
Apparently, out of habit, she shot Billy the death stare on the second verse in Kansas City and he thought he did something seriously wrong.

Kansas City
https://youtu.be/jy9bfUsyrLw

Indianapolis
https://youtu.be/rg1XE_mLZP0
—
https://youtu.be/Dcmo6ZidTnk
—
1994-95
https://youtu.be/tiw1IDz1AJc
—
https://youtu.be/W6G5e65YdwA
—
https://youtu.be/ho0AOqK0aWI
—
https://youtu.be/sMVpETGmTd0
—
https://youtu.be/0NVSPQOrPh4
—
2014-15
https://youtu.be/Yv-wyZ_pB_Q
—
https://youtu.be/apUrVWTdywQ
—
2018, w/ Lindsey
https://youtu.be/Y1dw381fvlY

2018, w/ Neil
https://youtu.be/QDaP035rBcg

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-13-2018, 12:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
She's dedicated Landslide to half the west coast lol
Here's a thread for cbBen to make: "Has Stevie ever dedicated Landslide to any actual landslide survivors?"
Old 12-13-2018, 08:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

She got in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. That has got to sting.
Old 12-13-2018, 08:31 AM

I'd like to dedicate this song to my favorite person here in Los Angeles... me!!!
Old 12-13-2018, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
She got in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. That has got to sting.
I honestly don't think Lindsey would care about that. He's come to terms with her superstardom. I think he's more concerned about becoming a better human being and moving forward with his solo career and using what creativity he has left. Mass media and awards have already been gotten.
Old 12-13-2018, 08:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I honestly don't think Lindsey would care about that. He's come to terms with her superstardom. I think he's more concerned about becoming a better human being and moving forward with his solo career and using what creativity he has left. Mass media and awards have already been gotten.
They would have to be forgotten.
Old 12-13-2018, 08:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Here's a thread for cbBen to make: "Has Stevie ever dedicated Landslide to any actual landslide survivors?"
I love that I'm getting a rep. This is a good question, and I bet the answer is yes.
Old 12-13-2018, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
They would have to be forgotten.
We should write a poem!
Old 12-13-2018, 08:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[I]
Quote:
Not vouching for the veracity of the statements, but Stevie once said in an interview that Lindsey was in a foul mood at the Grammies after The Dance didn't win (it was nominated). She said that's when Christine said she was leaving.

Last edited by cbBen; 12-13-2018 at 09:02 AM..
Old 12-13-2018, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Not vouching for the veracity of the statements, but Stevie once said in an interview that Lindsey was in a foul mood at the Grammies after the Dance didn't win (it was nominated). She said that's when Christine decided to quit.
21 years ago? I remember that quote, too. I've noticed he's a bit different these days.
Old 12-13-2018, 12:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netter75 View Post
Riiiiight. They've played the song at every single concert the band has done with Stevie present since 1977 and I'm sure it still stings so bad that "re-claiming" it would be very therapeutic for her
They played it in 1994 without Lindsey or Stevie!
Old 12-13-2018, 01:10 PM
bombaysaffires
This message has been deleted by bombaysaffires. Reason: duplicate
Old 12-13-2018, 01:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I actually think he does, on one level. He's always thought that dedication to craft, to getting better at what you do, matters. Stevie's always been about playing the fame game. Someone said it in another forum, about her RRHOF win-- that she's been a master at networking, at connecting herself with the big industry players, and I'dd at she's also been great at playing the media, at building a visual as well (maybe even more than) a musical image. Christine hit in on the head when she said in RS that Stevie is like a brand. And none of it was by accident-- she wanted this level of fame desperately, and partnered with anyone who could compensate for her lack of certain skills to get her where she wanted to go. It's totally why she won't do new music-- she wouldn't top the charts, and if she can't be number one, she's not interested. Touring she can still make the top levels of box-office receipts, and she can be reminded daily of being the queen-- private jets, presidential suites, lackeys waiting on her. Hell she's probably loved this tour, not having all those press duties.

Her winning this just reinforces that talent is sooo not enough in this business. You gotta play the game. Lindsey has not played it as well, has in fact pushed against all that phoniness, and she's happy to gloat.

And to those saying her dedication of Landslide to Irving doesn't mean anything, have you not been paying attention? She has very often used the dedication to send a message. It's not that she dedicated it per se, it's to WHOM she did and WHEN she did. It's the timing. Lindsey has been very publicly throwing shade on Azoff, so Stevie comes out and kisses his ass (which is hilarious considering she fired him back in the day). She's letting him and everyone in her biz know that Lindsey doesn't speak for anyone in the band.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 12-13-2018 at 01:20 PM..
Old 12-14-2018, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I actually think he does, on one level. He's always thought that dedication to craft, to getting better at what you do, matters. Stevie's always been about playing the fame game. Someone said it in another forum, about her RRHOF win-- that she's been a master at networking, at connecting herself with the big industry players, and I'dd at she's also been great at playing the media, at building a visual as well (maybe even more than) a musical image. Christine hit in on the head when she said in RS that Stevie is like a brand. And none of it was by accident-- she wanted this level of fame desperately, and partnered with anyone who could compensate for her lack of certain skills to get her where she wanted to go. It's totally why she won't do new music-- she wouldn't top the charts, and if she can't be number one, she's not interested. Touring she can still make the top levels of box-office receipts, and she can be reminded daily of being the queen-- private jets, presidential suites, lackeys waiting on her. Hell she's probably loved this tour, not having all those press duties.

Her winning this just reinforces that talent is sooo not enough in this business. You gotta play the game. Lindsey has not played it as well, has in fact pushed against all that phoniness, and she's happy to gloat.

And to those saying her dedication of Landslide to Irving doesn't mean anything, have you not been paying attention? She has very often used the dedication to send a message. It's not that she dedicated it per se, it's to WHOM she did and WHEN she did. It's the timing. Lindsey has been very publicly throwing shade on Azoff, so Stevie comes out and kisses his ass (which is hilarious considering she fired him back in the day). She's letting him and everyone in her biz know that Lindsey doesn't speak for anyone in the band.
Well said and I agree with almost all of this.

My point is that he has now COME to terms with who she is and has moved on. I feel he has risen above her as a human being and that's more important to him in his life now.

I think she is the one that resents it.