Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-10-2018, 05:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyNote View Post

I love that idea.

I can envisage Neil writing and performing a duet with Christine...but I still don't want to like that idea. My glass is still half empty.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-10-2018, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
You know I can't help but look at your avatar, the pic of LB and CM in their BuckVie photo shoot, and the clips of them making that album, and all the lovey dovey going on throughout... there were Mick and Lindsey hugging and Lindsey saying to Mick "I love you, man" and the back slapping, and all the hugging and kissing with Chris........ Not to even mention the whole BuckVie tour.

And now this.

It just doesn't compute.
You have captured the cognitive dissonance perfectly.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-10-2018, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am done they are officially dead to me. And we all know who’s fault it is don’t we? Boycott!!!
Old 04-10-2018, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I am done they are officially dead to me. And we all know who’s fault it is don’t we? Boycott!!!
No, please tell us as you seem to have the answers.
Old 04-10-2018, 07:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Are we sure Lindsey is out of Fleetwood Mac or is he just not touring this time around? Per their official statement,

"Lindsey Buckingham will not be performing with the band on this tour. The band wishes Lindsey all the best."

Seems to read as if he might still be a member of FM.
Old 04-10-2018, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
Are we sure Lindsey is out of Fleetwood Mac or is he just not touring this time around? Per their official statement,

"Lindsey Buckingham will not be performing with the band on this tour. The band wishes Lindsey all the best."

Seems to read as if he might still be a member of FM.
they'll see. Mick issues icy cold statement but still leaves the door cracked just in case tour without him bombs.

seriously though they said to one of the outlets that their decision is firm and final.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-10-2018, 08:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
I think anything is possible at this point. It's a good thing no one's made
Fleetwood Mac - The Movie yet.
you know i was thinking that - THIS what they did now in their 70s is ensuring that FM the movie will be made. because it's crazier than all their drugged out crazy. they don't have the excuse of being young or high now. just greedy but i'm sure the movie will turn it in a tragic exploding relationship between the exes.

like Azoff said on his SiriusXM station about the non-identified band -
it's a special kind of art to watch some of the bands and what people in them do just to torture each other unnecessarily.
or something to that effect. rings true, doesn't it?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-10-2018, 08:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
But I also respect people for asking for what they want and need rather than going through the motions because they think they’re supposed to.
Much respect to the whole band for giving everyone the freedom to come and go as they please.

It’s shocking and it’s unexpected and it hurts.
But I think if people can put aside the drama machine and make an effort to not write the narrative for this band that probably never happened; we might find that we can allow ourselves to enjoy Mike Campbell’s jaw-dropping guitar playing.
He’s no Buckingham, but he is quite possibly the most gifted player I’ve ever heard in an arena setting.
everyone the freedom to come and go? what are you talking about???? you did read all these reports that Lindsey was FIRED, right? how is that coming and going as you please?

the drama is real. did you see Lindsey's daughter's IG post last night? "Fleetwood Mac isn’t Fleetwood Mac without you #prouddaughter"

she was responding to and liking people's outpours of love and support. she confirmed he was fired. Lindsey's brother also commented on her post.

many fans have heard this boiling (and didn't wanna believe it!) for the last 2 months.

Old 04-10-2018, 08:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

if they were just not touring with him why would you say "we wish him all the best". You might say, "we wish him all the best and look forward to seeing where we go after the tour" or "we look forward to what the future brings" or something

I mean they aren't going to go out and bond with two new guys and then kick them out after the tour.....

I was thinking of the sh&t ton of money Lindsey loses out on by not doing this tour. And think of how much more some other people will get, because they are surely not going to cut Mike or the Finn guy in on a percentage, they'll get a salary of some kind.

So Stevie gets to do whatever solo music she wants (guarantee they'll do Stop Draggin with Mike there... and she'll get to tell a long story about Tom) and she'll get more money. She can't take it with her......

I can't help wishing the McVies weren't so damned British and would have more bollocks

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 04-10-2018 at 08:55 PM..
Old 04-10-2018, 09:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is an interesting tidbit.....Lindsey has his house up for sale: This was posted here in Jan. Just something to think on.

http://www.latimes.com/business/real...115-story.html
Old 04-10-2018, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgana View Post
This is an interesting tidbit.....Lindsey has his house up for sale: This was posted here in Jan. Just something to think on.

http://www.latimes.com/business/real...115-story.html
that's not his personal house. that's a house he and his wife bought specifically for her to renovate and decorate and then sell, i.e. as part of her business. they've never lived in it and are still living where they've been living for years.

that said, she spent 4 years tearing down and rebuilding and then decorating it. that's a mega load of carrying costs for 4 years..... and they recoup nothing till they sell it.
Old 04-10-2018, 10:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yep. Same here. At this point, when they're all so close to death, it's absolutely RIDICULOUS to do this to their brand. They could have ridden into the sunset shining like gold. But instead, they ride out looking like cheap whores.

F*ck the lot of them. Christine included. I'm done with their stupid asses.
Old 04-10-2018, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Yep. Same here. At this point, when they're all so close to death, it's absolutely RIDICULOUS to do this to their brand. They could have ridden into the sunset shining like gold. But instead, they ride out looking like cheap whores.

F*ck the lot of them. Christine included. I'm done with their stupid asses.
It seems like they just make sh#t up to sell tickets. "He told me I can never leave the band again". This is a disgrace and I hope this tour flops VERY badly. I am going to be writing on social media when they advertise warning people about this fake band. The only person I might consider seeing is Lindsey solo, IF i hear he was wrongly thrown out. THIS SUCKS I have zero interest in seeing this cover band. ZERO!! And I literally can't stand the Chiffonhead anymore. You could see this building with her nasty comments the last few years. DONE!
Old 04-10-2018, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
In your dreams
The Bob Welch era has been white washed. They don't talk about it, would not allow him in the Rock N Roll hall of fame, and even removed any mention of him on Behind the Music. They even cut him off the album Heroes are Hard to Find.
There is no way any Bob Welch will be played. Even Lindsey songs wont be played (I don't consider The Chain a Lindsey song). They don't want to sound like a cover band. I am shocked at what people think they are going to play. Someone mentioned on another thread that I'm So Afraid will be played LOL
The worst mistake you can make is trying to imitate the person you are replacing.
Yeah, I'd agree there is little chance of them doing Bob Welch. And even if they did, it would feel quite disingenuous to me, since they (meaning Christine, Mick, and John) kept him out of the Hall and refused to acquisce one iota on that entire issue.
Old 04-10-2018, 10:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It seems like they just make sh#t up to sell tickets. "He told me I can never leave the band again". This is a disgrace and I hope this tour flops VERY badly. I am going to be writing on social media when they advertise warning people about this fake band. The only person I might consider seeing is Lindsey solo, IF i hear he was wrongly thrown out. THIS SUCKS I have zero interest in seeing this cover band. ZERO!! And I literally can't stand the Chiffonhead anymore. You could see this building with her nasty comments the last few years. DONE!
Same. I'll be leaving bad reviews left and right.

And even though I firmly believe it's Stevie's fault, I'm MOSTLY pissed at Christine, for allowing this to happen. After all the love I saw last year, I'm ASHAMED of her for not walking away with him. Zero class. Just a bunch of whores, they are.

The band of MY LIFE died yesterday. I'm mourning, and angry as f*ck.