User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-11-2009, 05:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
To play someplace like Antone's they'd have to ditch the 400 backing musicians, half dozen backing vocalists, guitar techs, and just play MUSIC! That'd be the most kick ass show ever... Austinites wouldn't accept any less!
I know!!! It'd never happen, but I can dream can't I??
Old 12-11-2009, 05:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
My friend Torri who most of you know here went to Mick's meet and greet thing in Manchester NH in June and she asked him point blank are you guys coming back to the states next year and he said yes along with a cryptic statement which went something along the lines of "and we will have something special for you next summer, but thats all im going to say at this point."
This got me really excited, but then I thought hmm, maybe they recorded a show during unleashed and are going to release a CD/DVD of it in the summer? I mean, it'd be great, and I want a cd/dvd of unleashed, but a new album would be much more preferred.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by equeen102289 View Post
I might be in the minority here when I say this, but I really, really hope they don't make another album. Say You Will was far from great and I think it's just a waste of time without Christine.

I would like them to finish up this tour and for Stevie to go into the studio ALONE and make her own album. I want new solo material.
YES!!! SYW was a disappointment (for the most part) yet I loved Lindsey's past two solo albums. And yeah, Stevie NEEDS to get in the studio again (alone).

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 12-11-2009, 08:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
My friend Torri who most of you know here went to Mick's meet and greet thing in Manchester NH in June and she asked him point blank are you guys coming back to the states next year and he said yes along with a cryptic statement which went something along the lines of "and we will have something special for you next summer, but thats all im going to say at this point."
please don't tell me the "surprise" is another reissue of Rumors...

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 12-11-2009, 10:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvasprings View Post
I know this is farfetched but i think maybe they might have begun work on a new album already, they had that three month break between June and October they might have been able to put done some sort of demos etc then.

But then maybe it's just wishful thinking- It's all speculation till we get confirmation from the whole band.
I'd say it's a good likelihood that Lindsey already has finished material sitting around.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I'm all for a new album and excited about the prospects. As for another tour, unless they played smaller, more intimate venues, I don't think touring again would be a good thing and they should know this too, after the way they saturated the market in 2004, following the success of 2003.

Michele
Agreed. There are so many great theatres they could do and probably sell them out. The vic in chicago...beacon in new york...etc etc

The only way it will ever happen is the suggestion and push coming from lindsey since he has expressed really enjoying the smaller venues. I think it would be waaaaaaaaay to big of a step down for stevies ego and probably not enough cash for mick/stevie.

Although I dare say that the production cost would be significantly reduced for such smaller venues, tickets would sell better....they would probably come out ahead and feel better....as opposed to the pathetic 1/4 full arena that they faced in cleveland earlier this year. LOL but when has common sense ever really flown into their nests.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
I'd say it's a good likelihood that Lindsey already has finished material sitting around.
He could release half a tribute album to the Rolling Stones with some of his leftover covers from the original GOS sessions so I think you're right, he's bound to have a few originals floating around as well.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That made me excited to....like my heart started to beat faster in a strange sorta way....lol...really....
But I don't want a re-release of Rumours....WE WANT A NEW RECORD!!! And now, the new record thing seems clearer...hope they do it! Because, we all have heard Lindsey say on this tour that they "don't have a new album to promote...yet." And even "Stockholm, see you next time!"
I wish for 2 things to happen next year:

1. Fleetwood Mac making a NEW album with NEW songs and everyone are happy with that...

2. Fleetwood Mac touring the world again....comes to Sweden....and I'm so happy!!

That 2ond one, is just a dream....well, they were here this year and hadn't been in 20 years, so I'm NOT expecting this to happen that soon again...

And all I have to do is to travel over the ocean, to the US, and go to a Mac concert....or a Stevie solo concert (my dream) if she'll tour solo...

Old 12-11-2009, 12:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Agreed. There are so many great theatres they could do and probably sell them out. The vic in chicago...beacon in new york...etc etc

The only way it will ever happen is the suggestion and push coming from lindsey since he has expressed really enjoying the smaller venues. I think it would be waaaaaaaaay to big of a step down for stevies ego and probably not enough cash for mick/stevie.

Although I dare say that the production cost would be significantly reduced for such smaller venues, tickets would sell better....they would probably come out ahead and feel better....as opposed to the pathetic 1/4 full arena that they faced in cleveland earlier this year. LOL but when has common sense ever really flown into their nests.

I don't think they are playing smaller arenas simply because they don't have to. The notion of them playing rinky dinky little theatres in Chicago and New York is just absurd. True, they didn't come close to selling out MSG on their second go-round (only three months after the first round of multiple NYC-area dates). But the first round of shows was almost completely full with over 13K-15K in attendance each night. And I seriously doubt that Lindsey as a solo act would turn down the opportunity to play MSG- it's simply because he can't. I don't think there are many musicians, if any, that intentionally play multiple dates (in the middle of a tour) in small theatres vs. one or two large arena dates. Steely Dan comes to mind, I guess... But their ticket prices were astronomical- made FM tickets look like a sample sale by comparison. I hate huge arenas in general, but I think FM would look pretty odd in a small space. Plus I would rather have them keep the ticket prices lower and play large arenas.

Last edited by HejiraNYC; 12-11-2009 at 12:14 PM..
Old 12-11-2009, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
The Beacon is out...Circ Du Soleil has exclusive residency there starting in January, I believe. Heck, Beacon management even 86'd the Allman Bros who've kept the place busy every spring for two or three weeks for the past 25 years or so.
Old 12-11-2009, 02:25 PM
Senior Ledgie

Let's be clear now. We all want a new album but we should not rush them into making one. Once they have finished the tour they should take a month out and then start on it. We don't don't want a half baked record here...we want a kick ass Mac album to stand the test of time. That means not shoving material Lindsey had "lying around" on it. (Look what happened to Say You Will).

The album needs to be made from the ground up with the them collaborating with an outside producer to help LB out a bit. They should take about 7-9 months so It gives S & L's voices to rejuvenate (With plenty of voice coaching !!) after a very extensive tour.

I wish them luck and hope it's as good as it can be
Old 12-11-2009, 03:01 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Lightbulb

Quote:
My train of thought is this: Lindsey's Gift Of Screws was fantastic and Stevie's Trouble In Shangri La was really great... why can't they make just as good, if not better of an album together? They just can't leave the Mac legacy ending with Say You Will... they just can't .

I agree that Christine was one of the essential ingredients that made the Rumours band magical... but that shouldn't mean the Mac is incapable of making good music without her. Buckingham Nicks was a good, solid album... and anything with a John McVie-Mick Fleetwood rhythm section is redeeming in one way or another. All of this logic tells us they must be able to give us one last good album under the Mac moniker.

It seems it's egos and feelings that are ensnaring everyone... maybe they can figure out a way around that with outside producers, and a will to record a final, kick ass record. I've becoming pretty pessimistic the past 5 years or so when it comes to Fleetwood Mac... but I have to believe they can wow us one last time! If they truly want to and go into it with pure motives and open minds, they can accomplish it... no doubt!

So are you gonna go back in time with that car of yours and get Christine back already, or what?
Old 12-11-2009, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetwoodmark View Post
That means not shoving material Lindsey had "lying around" on it. (Look what happened to Say You Will).
But that's also what happened to TITN. I really enjoy SYW so another one like that wouldn't be a bad thing in my eyes.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetwoodmark View Post
Let's be clear now. We all want a new album but we should not rush them into making one. Once they have finished the tour they should take a month out and then start on it. We don't don't want a half baked record here...we want a kick ass Mac album to stand the test of time. That means not shoving material Lindsey had "lying around" on it. (Look what happened to Say You Will).

The album needs to be made from the ground up with the them collaborating with an outside producer to help LB out a bit. They should take about 7-9 months so It gives S & L's voices to rejuvenate (With plenty of voice coaching !!) after a very extensive tour.

I wish them luck and hope it's as good as it can be
I definitely agree that no new album should be rushed... that we want an album that can stand shoulder to shoulder with the best they've recorded. In many ways Say You Will sounds thrown together, yet it took 18 months to record. I almost wonder if they need to approach the creative process more cerebrally... think about it less, quibble about details less, and just let their creativity flow without motives. After all, they recorded the 1975 White Album in 3 months flat, and it's terrific. They seemed to have become artistically insecure in their older age. I think if they spent less than a year (6-12 months) they could get it right.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:56 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
I definitely agree that no new album should be rushed... that we want an album that can stand shoulder to shoulder with the best they've recorded. In many ways Say You Will sounds thrown together, yet it took 18 months to record. I almost wonder if they need to approach the creative process more cerebrally... think about it less, quibble about details less, and just let their creativity flow without motives. After all, they recorded the 1975 White Album in 3 months flat, and it's terrific. They seemed to have become artistically insecure in their older age. I think if they spent less than a year (6-12 months) they could get it right.
Bear in mind that alot of the White album material had already been written and performed (Rhiannon, Crystal, Monday Morning)...awesome though they were.

What I'm trying to say is that a new album shouldn't be flung together for the sake of time.