User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-02-2004, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

As I've posted before, Christine did an online chat in 1995, to promote 'Time.'
I think a lot of things she said then, in regards to solo albums, touring, and her feelings towards Lindsey & Stevie, are very revealing.
For me at least, it's easy to see why she eventually decided to do the 'Dance' tour, while remaining essentially retired from the road. And also why she ended up recording a new solo album, when she had opted not to record with Fleetwood Mac for 'Say You Will.'

This isn't the entire chat... just some pertinent comments.:

Quote:
BearBillN: Hello Christine! First of all you're one of my all time favorite singers and songwriters! I enjoyed your last solo album a lot! Will we see a new one any time soon?

(Christine): Yes!! I do have plans to record a new solo album maybe sometime next year... I have to recharge the batteries, but am keen on doing it. I get a great kick out of doing the solo record. I do enjoy being with a team more than as a solo artist, but I will give it another shot. It was a very rewarding experience
Quote:
Question : Where is your "home base" these days, in England or in L.A.?

(Christine): Both, we have a house in the south of England and in Los Angeles. I think I would like to start...spending more time in England. After 25 years in L.A., my roots are calling me back home. I am going back for a short stint in a few days, I like the rain, I miss it.
Quote:
SandG: Would you consider inviting Stevie on your next solo project? Your voices on Straight Back worked excellently with each other.

(Christine): Absolutely, I would like to work with Stevie and Lindsey again. Some point down the line....Don't know where or when, but the possibilities are there. I think they would like to also.THe more you don't hear Stevie's voice, the more you miss it. So unique.
Quote:
Gre1440: Give us your perspective on this most recent
incarnation of Fleetwood Mac.

(Christine): I find it a bizarre combination of people, but Mick chose Dave Mason... I don't think he is a bad guitar player, but I just don't know how he fits in with Fleetwood Mac... Great guitar player he is, he would not have been my first choice.
Quote:
MastrPeace: Who would have been your first choice, as opposed to Dave Mason?

(Christine): Lindsey Buckingham, I think he was the most superlative guitar player this band will ever have... A true shining light. After Lindsey, everybody else seems a little palid. I'm not talking talent, just chemistry for Fleetwood Mac.
Quote:
Mavenman: Is Atlantic City on your schedule soon? I saw you at Taj Mahal about 5 years ago.

(Christine): Well, I've given up the road as it were. Hung up my stageboots about three years ago.
Quote:
ROBNORT: Why are you not currently touring with Fleetwood Mac?

(Christine): Mainly because I've been with the band for 25 years. Touring was never my favorite thing to do... I get insomnia on the road. I can't sleep in strange beds night after night...Did not want to take sleeping pills, that is the begining of the end. I would lie awake reading all .. night. This made me irritable. I had done it enough. Then I would drink a bottle of wine before bed..wake up with a hangover. It was a no win situation.
Old 05-02-2004, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Lindsey Buckingham, I think he was the most superlative guitar player this band will ever have... A true shining light. After Lindsey, everybody else seems a little palid. I'm not talking talent, just chemistry for Fleetwood Mac.
say no more...

Old 05-02-2004, 03:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
MastrPeace: Who would have been your first choice, as opposed to Dave Mason?Christine): Lindsey Buckingham, I think he was the most superlative guitar player this band will ever have... A true shining light. After Lindsey, everybody else seems a little palid. I'm not talking talent, just chemistry for Fleetwood Mac.
Wow. I'm just amazed that Christine said it. I mean, I never thought she hated him or anything, I just never expected such high praise for him!
Old 05-02-2004, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think that Christine & Lindsey are really friends, but she's always had great respect for him professionally, so I'm not really surprised that she would say that.

That online chat transcript is terrific. She really doesn't beat around the bush. I wish she'd do another one with her new album coming out.
Old 05-02-2004, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Thanks a lot for posting that
Old 05-02-2004, 05:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsnake
I think you are right... Circa 1977 Stevie Nicks wrote Think About It (telling Christine to "think about it before you go") for Christine.

I love the line in that song, "You'll go on forever, cause you're that good." Awwww.....
Old 05-02-2004, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
diamondsnake:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd
I think she's always thought about leaving Fleetwood Mac.

I think you are right... Circa 1977 Stevie Nicks wrote Think About It (telling Christine to "think about it before you go") for Christine.
I think you're right that you think I'm right! Good point. That song was yet another indication of where Christine's heart was. My only question is why did she do it (tour) for so long?

Thanks for posting that transcript Mr. Stew....you ROCK!
Old 05-03-2004, 12:17 AM
diamondsnake
This message has been deleted by diamondsnake.
Old 05-03-2004, 12:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer
I love the line in that song, "You'll go on forever, cause you're that good." Awwww.....
I love that line too, and Stevie's right- Christine is that good... Christine rocks!

We were frail...
Save us...
Old 05-14-2004, 10:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari
So, let's say The Dance was her final tour. (That sounds plausible to me)Then why didn't she "officially" say goodbye? She never did that... There never was a press release or a comment by her in an interview, that she has finally quit the band. Or was there? It's an open ending.
I don't think there was an official statement that she left the band. But, her actions certainly have said as much. I think she basically was saying she wasn't in the band anymore when she didn't show up for the Clinton farewell show in the White House lawn back in 2000. I mean, that was a pretty significant gig. I also seem to recall that was when the band started saying that she has retired from the group.

As for completely closing the chapter on Fleetwood Mac, I just don't ever see that happening. I mean, she was married to John and they shared a house with Mick for years. She went through hell and back with Stevie and Lindsey. She's seen so much during her time with the Mac that she knows to never say never. Which is optimistic for us.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-15-2004, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile Christine's songs on Time have a theme

I heard her say on the Making of Rumours DVD that some of her songs are "intensely personal about herself" some are about "other people into whose shoes she's stepping" and some are "complete fabrications"

I think her songs on Time were personal (Hollywood, Do it All Over Again, Nights in Estoril) and from what I've read of the lyrics the new album seems extremely personal.

She also said on the DVD that if she's got the lyrics that "kick starts her" into the song.

I don't want to pry too much into her personal life but it doesn't take a genius to work out that some of the new lyrics are about her marriage break up.

Hopefully though she's got a new love interest because some of the new songs sound very optimistic.

Gail