Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-28-2013, 11:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
I loved reading this, Nicole, all of it - but the bolded parts especially. And that concluding sentence just sums up my feelings about Stevie and Lindsey as celebrities: they are in this funny space where (at least in AUS) they do not get talked about in the newspapers very much so there is not a lot of public interest that I can hear of feel in talking with Australians.
Thanks. I apparently have a lot of 'feelings' about this stuff. Ah, but they're not celebrities in the same way as many of those we see plastered across magazines these days. Both the media and the general public in the business of 'celebrity' are far more interested in shaming good-looking young actresses for their clothes, weight, partners, etc and digging up dirt on the newest and hottest and most controversial young artists who are 'open' to the public in a big way (through social media etc), for example, then rehashing the drama of great band who hit their commercial/artistic(?) peak decades ago. Doesn't mean there's no interest at all or that tours don't sell well - just means they're not celebrities in the same way as many are now. Certainly, I'm Australian too and none of my acquaintances are interested but I put a lot of that down to age...

Quote:
And yes, why oh why if Lindsey has had so much "closure" does he continue to write songs with lyrics like "Hello, hello sad angel, have you come to fight the war?" One could take the extreme view that they both have a secret child/possibly marriage but that would be silly. They are two people for whom the "barriers of time" (Stevie Nicks) got in the way.

A true testament to how difficult work relationships can be. But also - a way of showing how it can be done. 40 years since Buckingham Nicks. Even longer since Linds and his friends' band Fritz.
Oh, if I were looking at lyrics that made me think that that actual closure is still not a possible thing for them to achieve (not that I think they truly want it), Sad Angel wouldn't even be NEAR the top. I'd look at a number of interesting songs on Seeds We Sow and then, particularly, BOTH of Lindsey's other songs from the EP, both of which he has copped to being about Stevie. They are far more interesting in terms of message for me though I do adore Sad Angel.

I had another dream of you last night / Sailing on a sea of blue
You were grieving for someone else / I was grieving for you

It may be you don't remember me / But I remember you

And do you still tremble when I fall? / Will you still answer when I call?
Would you still love to linger up against the wall?

Baby, I've just been holding out too long / Maybe I couldn't admit I was wrong
And maybe I've just been lying to myself / And no one else

Slow down, baby / Cross that line
If you want to save me / It takes time

Maybe I've wasted all this precious time / I'm trying to prove what is and isn't mine
Wondering to myself if you knew / It was all for you

Also, laughing at that 'silly' secret marriage/kid thing because yeah, well, the archives of both this forum and another in particular suggest that some like to travel down that road of speculation... Ah, yes, those 'barriers'. Not even that pesky destiny this time (though we WILL blame it and use it to justify what a mess certain times are/were!) but an actual barrier. 'A decision no one made and now you're going home', indeed. And then later, 'choices we must make' that lead to 'hearts will break'. It ain't easy, lol.

And yes. The sheer length and depth and complexity of the relationship will always fascinate me, I think. There's nothing like it. It's become increasingly clear that, no matter what now, they're it - they can't and won't let each other go, in whatever capacity and as complicated as it is. As Lindsey likes to point out, they've known each other since high school, bless.

Quote:
We have to take that step back and remember, yeah, these are great songs. The band members are having a great time on stage. They appear to getting along really well. But then ...what happens backstage? What happens when they go home to their individual hotels?
It's an interesting one, for sure. I mean, we just don't know, really. However, there is enough evidence to suggest (and Stevie has talked about it before) that the offstage relationship (even something as simple as the mood they're in that day or if they had a little tiff, etc) definitely affects the onstage dynamic, and neither Lindsey nor her are good actors. It's not a mere matter of pretendsies on stage. Also, they don't - and haven't ALWAYS use/d different or separate hotels. Stevie LOVES to emphasise the separate hotel thing but it's not always true. I do enjoy how, as she did in her Jimmy Fallon interview in 2009, she seems to think she needs to segue from 'oh, lindsey and i get to re-live our love affair onstage every night' straight into 'BUT we get offstage and go ALONE to our SEPARATE limos and SEPARATE hotels' like otherwise everyone would assume they were hooking up.

Quote:
ETA: Is this a direct quote or are you impersonating Stevie to be funny
Oh, no! I couldn't make up anything THAT good (though there are ones that make me laugh/swoon/wince even more, tbh). Classic Stevie, that one. Undermining the emotional significance of Lindsey's actual marriage whilst emphasising the still partly unchanged nature of their selves and relationship one interview at a time.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:17 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Just a little bit!

The album would have been better
without Stevie. Not that Lindsey's
work on there is stellar, it's just much
better than hers.
You know, it did take time to grow on me...some of it is just too much for ME, don't care for LB's heavy handed production or some of his crazy ass songs...but the more I listen, the more I think that at least 2-3 of Stevie's songs on SYW are epic...Thrown Down, Destiny Rules and SYW are pure FM, unlike most of LB's work which should have been on a solo effort, not a LB record masquerading inside of a FM record! That's the whole problem with SYW, the record!!! That said, some of LB's songs on SYW are epic, as well, Bleed to Love Her, Steal Your Heart Away...

And, as unpopular as I'm sure this comment will be, sorry Elle, much of FM's output since Mirage has been a result of LB trying to get his solo music out! At some point during The Dance era it seems Stevie may have really fallen for LB again and I truly believe she stepped back and kind of pushed him up front and center, I think she wanted him to find his place at the top because she simply loved him and wanted him happy! No, I am not saying that she is responsible for his rise after that period, but...Fall From Grace, maybe the reason she stayed so long and fought so hard was to bring him back alive and to make sure that he survived...I think she's always been the strong one, I can relate! Watching The Dance concert and tour videos I saw some of the most blatant, I can't help myself, I still love you, long for you, lust over you, hate you...OMG this is tearing my heart out, I can't hide it...FULL-On ANGST that I have ever seen on film or otherwise. What must it be like for them to watch that film...WOW! Anyone who didn't see that even with just one viewing of The Dance video is BLIND, IMHO. Never mind, just watch SS's and watch all of the feelings cross their faces. I'm sure Stevie planned some drama but I think it turned out to be A LOT more than either expected! No shipper here...just saying what I saw.

I must add that I think Stevie needs a more spare production ethic and someone who really encourages her to be HERSELF. That woman can still sing her ever loving butt off to this day! Even the crappy You Tube videos of her gig with Rod Stewart show that! There are places on all of the videos I've seen where you can only hear Stevie's backing vocals and they are strong and spot on, real singing and completely in tune...music to my ears! She appeared to stop him in his tracks a couple times with her vocal delivery and she knew it! It happens with LB too...those are the times she really seems to be feeling her oats!!!! Still VERY strange seeing those performances...so not Stevie and so Stevie at the same time. She still has the most unique voice I've ever heard! And when she does her sexy little baby talk ( I know...sexy and baby talk sounds strange...go figure!) on a single line, it seems to just tear men up! I love watching guys watch Stevie ...half of the women I know are mesmerized by her too tho! And, her performance, the dancing and chemistry she seems to have with so many others...awesome! Love her dancing...not just when performing but when she's being natural, just getting into someone else's song!

Wow! Sorry for the book!

Last edited by Desiree; 08-29-2013 at 12:26 PM..
Old 08-29-2013, 06:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiree View Post
Wow! Sorry for the book!
You held my attention.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You know, it did take time to grow on me, don't care for LB's heavy handed production or some of his crazy ass songs...but the more I listen, the more I think that at least 2-3 of Stevie's songs on SYW are epic...Thrown Down, Destiny Rules and SYW are pure FM...

And, as unpopular as I'm sure this comment will be, sorry Elle, much of FM's output since Mirage has been a result of LB trying to get his solo music out!

Anyone who didn't see that even with just one viewing of The Dance video is BLIND, IMHO. I'm sure Stevie planned some drama but I think it turned out to be A LOT more than either expected!

Fleetwood Mac's relatively low output has made
many of us appreciate some subpar material over
the years. And I think SYW takes the cake. We
will just have to disagree that there's anything on
that album that's "epic".

I believe Mirage is where Lindsey gave up after
being pressured by his band and record label over
the failure of Tusk (saleswise). Both Mirage and
Tango are too sugary sweet for me.

It was hard not to see the drama in The Dance Video.
We want to see it, that's the problem. Does that make
it less real? I doubt even Stevie or Lindsey knows the
answer to that.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:23 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
You held my attention.
Thanks! I really enjoy writing. And after so long without some real fan worship and all the worshipping I've been doing subsequently...I'm finding the time I missed to be really interesting. And thanks to You Tube, this site and the Internet, etc...WOW, the stuff available! And I've only bitten off a little!!!!!! I've been re listening to the older records, too, falling in love of all over again and seeing many of the songs with new eyes. Love the music...

Btw? Can you or anyone suggest the best places to look for song interpretations?
Old 08-30-2013, 02:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Btw? Can you or anyone suggest the best places to look for song interpretations?
Here are some for the older songs. When you click on a song, there's an interpretations tab at the top near the title. It's a compilation of what people said in the Lyrics forum that used to be on this board.

Michele
Old 10-28-2013, 06:19 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by getTusked View Post
Is it messed up that I want Stevie and Lindsey to have had sex during the dance? Does anyone else feel that way? Or at least a hook up...my tortured soul just wants to know what really happened!

btw I am a new ledgie. Hi to everyone and can't wait to chat with all you guys!
Haha, nope - you´re not the only one!
Old 10-28-2013, 06:22 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Silly? Extreme?

Somewhere buried in the dustbins of the Ledge
there lies a thread of the information you seek.
Down to the date and times.
Wooot?! Tell us more!
Old 10-31-2013, 10:23 PM
Senior Ledgie

Love the dance!!!! It's my go to fwm or Stevie album. Gold dust woman and gypsy were available from I tunes at one point. Ive included Go insane. But still can't find over my head or song bird in audio format.
Old 11-01-2013, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gssmith View Post
Love the dance!!!! It's my go to fwm or Stevie album. Gold dust woman and gypsy were available from I tunes at one point. Ive included Go insane. But still can't find over my head or song bird in audio format.
Songbird was on an Australian single of Temporary one I think along with Gypsy.

I think if you used Handbrake on your own copy of the Dance DVD you can rip the songs you want from the PCM file direct to iTunes mp3 format.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:20 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gssmith View Post
Send me a PM with your email address and I'll get the songs to you.
Old 11-02-2013, 02:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLove View Post
Wooot?! Tell us more!

I had to go back and look to find what you were
referring to. But yes, the information is still here.

From memory it was from perhaps my most favorite
poster here on The Ledge. At first it sounded a little
far fetched. But when you saw the timeline and the name
of the person that came from this union, and then how it
was swept under the rug - it might give you pause...
Old 11-02-2013, 06:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMI View Post
Songbird was on an Australian single of Temporary one I think along with Gypsy.

I think if you used Handbrake on your own copy of the Dance DVD you can rip the songs you want from the PCM file direct to iTunes mp3 format.
It was! I bought the single cd on eBay recently. Lovely to have that live version of Songbird on my iPod
Old 04-20-2014, 04:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Miraculous Career Resurrections. Ultimate Classic Rock]

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/career-resurrections/

6. Fleetwood Mac

The history of Fleetwood Mac is filled with ups, downs, drama, and lineup changes. But they never found themselves in worse career shape than they did with 1995's Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham-less (and commercially dead on arrival) album 'Time.' Luckily the duo returned to reunite the classic 'Rumours' lineup for the chart-topping 1997 live album 'The Dance.' Despite the subsequent departure of Christine McVie, in between breaks for solo projects the four-piece version of the group has sold out shows across the world ever since. And now that McVie is back in the fold for a new album and tour, it would seem even greater success is in the Mac's near future.

Read More: Rock's Most Miraculous Career Resurrections | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/caree...ckback=tsmclip
Old 05-23-2014, 05:18 PM
Registered

Default The Dance: 17 Years

17 Years Ago (May 22, 23, 24, 1997) The Dance was filmed in Warner Brothers Studios! As Stevie Later Recalled In 2001, "The Nights We Recorded The Dance Were Magical". The Dance DVD Had 7 Songs Written & Sung by Stevie, 7 Songs Written & Sung by Christine McVie, 7 Songs Written & Sung by Lindsey, and 1 song Written by the group and sung by Lindsey, Stevie, and Christine.

Released on Reprise Records on August 19, 1997, The Dance reached #1 on the Billboard Top 200 Album Charts in 1997. "The Chain" reached #30 on the Mainstream Rock Charts. "Landslide" Reached #51 on the Billboard Hot 100, #10 on the Adult Contemporary Charts, and #26 on the Adult Top 40 Charts in 1998. The Dance CD Reached #15 on the UK Albums Charts and Reached #19 on the Canadian Albums Chart.

The Dance is the 5th Best Selling Live Album Ever in the United States

The Dance CD has reached 5× Platinum in the US; Platinum in Australia, Canada, and in New Zealand; and Gold in the United Kingdom.

The Dance DVD has reached 9× Platinum in Australia and Platinum in the United States and the United Kingdom.

Backing Performers for The Dance were: Brett Tuggle – keyboards, guitar, background vocals Neale Heywood – guitar, background vocals; Lenny Castro – percussion; Sharon Celani – background vocals; Mindy Stein – background vocals; USC. Trojan Marching Band

CD Production
Producers: Lindsey Buckingham, Elliot Scheiner
Engineers: Guy Charbonneau, Barry Goldberg, Elliot Scheiner
Assistant Engineers: Charlie Bouis, John Nelson
Mastering: Ted Jensen
Mixing: Elliot Scheiner
Technical assistance: Ted Barela, David Gallo, Eric Johnston
Digital editing: Paul DeCarli, Scott Humphrey
Photography: David LaChapelle, Neal Preston

Video Production
Producers: Lindsey Buckingham, Elliot Scheiner
Engineers: Guy Charbonneau, Barry Goldberg, Elliot Scheiner
Assistant Engineers: Charlie Bouis, John Nelson
Mastering: Ted Jensen
Mixing: Elliot Scheiner
Technical assistance: Ted Barela, David Gallo, Eric Johnston
Digital editing: Paul DeCarli, Scott Humphrey
Photography: David LaChapelle, Neal Preston

The Dance Center Channel Mixes

The Chain
Dreams
Everywhere
Gold Dust Woman
I'm So Afraid
Bleed To Love Her
Gypsy
Big Love
Landslide
Say You Love Me
You Make Loving Fun
Silver Springs
Rhiannon
Go Your Own Way
Don't Stop
Songbird

Download Here

Last edited by welcomechris; 05-23-2014 at 05:52 PM..