User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-12-2018, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
You can ride high atop your pony.
I love love love that song. And I fell deeper in love with her after that album.

Seeing Christine live had me wanting to marry her. And we know how that story goes..
Old 09-12-2018, 02:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Lindsey performing The Chain solo vs Stevie performing it solo or even the post-Tango FM iterations performing it are different kettles of fish.

The music and lyrics of that song as we know it is something like 65% Lindsey, 25% Christine and John, and 10% Stevie.

But anyway, the "band" giving Lindsey the boot 20 years after the Dance reunion and at this advanced stage of their lives and legacies and then electing to introduce their new lineup with The Chain was symbolically abominable and creatively deceptive.

I agree with much of what you say but I think you are quite away off the mark on this one

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 09-12-2018, 03:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
And to those same people who can and will say anything they want about other members. Critical or harsh. smh... talk about a double standard.
Well, if you can find any post where I mocked Lindsey's appearance or any other member of FM, feel free to bring it up. No double standard here.
Old 09-12-2018, 03:47 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Simple- because the people who said that are the ones who hate her.
Quote:
Well, if you can find any post where I mocked Lindsey's appearance or any other member of FM, feel free to bring it up. No double standard here.
No, just broad, sweeping generalizations about dozens of people you've likely never met. Cool.
Old 09-12-2018, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
No, just broad, sweeping generalizations about dozens of people you've likely never met. Cool.
Thank you. What jeets said Bwboy.
Old 09-12-2018, 04:02 PM

Quote:
If you don't see the transparency of some of your posts, I'm certainly not here to explain them to you. And nor will I get into with you. Just know that you're not invisible. But, you're certainly welcome to ride high on top your pony. I know you won't fall Bwboy..
Old 09-12-2018, 04:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh, so the people who have been calling Mick and Stevie names DON'T hate them? They still love Fleetwood Mac? Glad to hear it.

Are you excited about the new FM tour? Or about what Neil and Mike will bring to the band? Or a new FM album?

Great, let's discuss!
Old 09-12-2018, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Oh, so the people who have been calling Mick and Stevie names DON'T hate them? They still love Fleetwood Mac? Glad to hear it.

Are you excited about the new FM tour? Or about what Neil and Mike will bring to the band? Or a new FM album?

Great, let's discuss!
I get that you want to control everyone's dialogue here, but it's not gonna happen. If you don't like it, find a $tevie board to go to.
Old 09-12-2018, 04:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Great, let's discuss!
I think it's great that you want to control what everyone has to say here.

Burned any books lately?
Old 09-12-2018, 04:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If you don't see the transparency of some of your posts, I'm certainly not here to explain them to you. And nor will I get into with you. Just know that you're not invisible. But, you're certainly welcome to ride high on top your pony. I know you won't fall Bwboy..
How can you say you're a fan of Fleetwood Mac when you write the things you do about them? I mean, can you really tell me you like Fleetwood Mac now? I have no idea what you're talking about, being transparent or invisible. Nor am I trying to get into it with you. I'm not being rude, I'm not arguing, I'm not name calling.

This reminds me of a scene I saw on a tv show one time. This woman was testifying someone was angry, and the lawyer said "objection, calls for the defendant's state of mind" and the witness said "you mean I can say the defendant threw his cell phone, slammed the door on my hand, yelled at me he wanted to kill me, and pulled my hair, but I can't say he was angry?"
Old 09-12-2018, 04:23 PM

Quote:
How can you say you're a fan of Fleetwood Mac when you write the things you do about them? I mean, can you really tell me you like Fleetwood Mac now? I have no idea what you're talking about, being transparent or invisible. Nor am I trying to get into it with you. I'm not being rude, I'm not arguing, I'm not name calling.

This reminds me of a scene I saw on a tv show one time. This woman was testifying someone was angry, and the lawyer said "objection, calls for the defendant's state of mind" and the witness said "you mean I can say the defendant threw his cell phone, slammed the door on my hand, yelled at me he wanted to kill me, and pulled my hair, but I can't say he was angry?"
Again, I know you want to control what everyone says here. And I understand you don't think your posts are transparent (that's usually the case for someone that does it). But, if you don't like the way the fans here react. Go somewhere else. I'm done discussing this with you publicly.
Old 09-12-2018, 04:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I get that you want to control everyone's dialogue here, but it's not gonna happen. If you don't like it, find a $tevie board to go to.
So, you do like Fleetwood Mac or you don't? Without controlling the dialogue, I think I can guess the answer. The fact that you can't answer that simple question on a Fleetwood Mac message board says it all. And thanks for telling me to go somewhere else, sorry I offended you by asking that simple question. I won't push the issue anymore with you. And you can have the last word, I'm ok with that, I don't need to.
Old 09-12-2018, 04:27 PM

Quote:
So, you do like Fleetwood Mac or you don't? Without controlling the dialogue, I think I can guess the answer. The fact that you can't answer that simple question on a Fleetwood Mac message board says it all. And thanks for telling me to go somewhere else, sorry I offended you by asking that simple question. I won't push the issue anymore with you. And you can have the last word, I'm ok with that, I don't need to.
You haven't offended me in the least. I'm just letting you know that I've seen your game before. And, letting you know I'm not going to play it. Good day, bwboy.
Old 09-12-2018, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm still waiting for some people to admit that Billy, Rick, Bekka and Dave M. are in fact actual members of Fleetwood Mac. Not anyone here, just in general. They've been treated with far more disrespect than Stevie, Mick or anyone else in the band.
Old 09-12-2018, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
I'm still waiting for some people to admit that Billy, Rick, Bekka and Dave M. are in fact actual members of Fleetwood Mac. Not anyone here, just in general. They've been treated with far more disrespect than Stevie, Mick or anyone else in the band.
Strangely, I agree with this. I didn't like Dave. But the other 3 did a fantastic job. And, THEY DID NEW MUSIC.