User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-21-2013, 10:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
These selections would be nice but they'll probably end up with Maybe Love Will Change Your Mind or Just Like A Woman.
Now that would be hilarious! But we all know if Ryan Murphy had asked to use those Stevie's reply would have been "Maybe Love what...?" "Just like a who...?"

Remember, 1987-1996 doesn't exist anymore...
Old 09-22-2013, 12:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Today I went to Comic Con in Columbus Ohio. For some reason I played Sable and Blonde all day and thought about how Stevie really fits right into Comic Con. It was full of elves and superheros and horror items.

I waltzed around with Sable in Blond in my ear, very surreal and had a blast.

I wish she would have her own comic book or novels, something like that. She is sooo cool. American Horror Story and Stevie, what a great combination.

P.S. I finally got Linda Blairs' photo and autograph.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
The show loves to use gruesome images to actively try to scare it's viewers. The first season I got my fill of mangled bodies and fetuses in the first episode. Although, it was quirky and kind of funny and some of Jessica's lines ("Don't make me kill you again," ) kept me tuned in, so I did keep viewing.

I didn't see the second season, though.

Michele
Thanks for clarifying. I still feel torn about it, but realistically I'll probably give it a miss.
Old 09-22-2013, 10:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
Thanks for clarifying. I still feel torn about it, but realistically I'll probably give it a miss.

Tell me now you won't be watching it.
Old 09-22-2013, 10:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Damn you're good.
Old 09-22-2013, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post

Tell me now you won't be watching it.
Nobody can play a bitch like Kathy Bates.
Old 09-22-2013, 01:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

They have had some good cast members. I know someone who loved Friday Night Lights and I think one reason he stopped watching is that he didn't like how AHS used Connie Britton. But they do lure you in.

Michele
Old 09-22-2013, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
They have had some good cast members. I know someone who loved Friday Night Lights and I think one reason he stopped watching is that he didn't like how AHS used Connie Britton. But they do lure you in.

Michele
It certainly is great to see Angela Basset again. She has always had one of the strongest presences on screen.
Old 09-22-2013, 02:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

But if you're squeamish, don't think it's going to be an easy ride.

Old 09-22-2013, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^^Gross.
Old 09-22-2013, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The fact that they can't get musical rights keeps a lot of television from making it to DVD. That's what held up Ally McBeal's release for so long, just because they used to frequent this bar where Vonda Shepard (married to our producer Mitchell Froom) performed frequently. They couldn't get the rights to have her music in those scenes for the DVD. Of course, that's why many variety and talk shows don't get to DVD in their entirety too. The music.

I have Charmed on DVD and I think Stevie's songs were used twice in the show, but on the DVD version, it's replaced with generic music.

Michele
Old 09-23-2013, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I didn't see the second season, though.

Michele
I haven't either, though I recorded the whole thing. I like that each season is really a miniseries, unrelated to previous seasons. I'm eagerly awaiting season 3!
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 09-23-2013, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I have Charmed on DVD and I think Stevie's songs were used twice in the show, but on the DVD version, it's replaced with generic music.

Michele
I have all the "Charmed" DVD's. The 2 occasions that Stevie songs appear are very much included. Season 3, Episode 19 (The Demon Who Came In From The Cold) uses "Planets Of the Universe" just after the opening titles and Season 4, Episode 1 (Charmed Again part 1) uses "I Miss You" in the same slot, although for the purposes of the DVD, this episode was merged into 1, so "Charmed Again part 2" has no opening credits.

The "Charmed" producers had a habit of including music in the show that was current at the time and making an impact. They had some right stuff over the years - Goo Goo Dolls, The Cranberries, Tori Amos, Pink, Goldfrapp, Paula Cole, Third Eye Blind. The list goes on. Both these episodes were 2001, so "Trouble In Shangri-La" was making a small splash at the time.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWILDheart View Post
I have all the "Charmed" DVD's. The 2 occasions that Stevie songs appear are very much included. Season 3, Episode 19 (The Demon Who Came In From The Cold) uses "Planets Of the Universe" just after the opening titles and Season 4, Episode 1 (Charmed Again part 1) uses "I Miss You" in the same slot, although for the purposes of the DVD, this episode was merged into 1, so "Charmed Again part 2" has no opening credits.

The "Charmed" producers had a habit of including music in the show that was current at the time and making an impact. They had some right stuff over the years - Goo Goo Dolls, The Cranberries, Tori Amos, Pink, Goldfrapp, Paula Cole, Third Eye Blind. The list goes on. Both these episodes were 2001, so "Trouble In Shangri-La" was making a small splash at the time.
I don't have those songs on my dvd sets. I bought each season separately as they were released. When the shows rerun on tv, I hear the songs (plus they are listed in IMDB) so I knew where they appear and I was on the look out for Stevie and her songs, but they are not on my dvds.

Michele
Old 09-23-2013, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
I haven't either, though I recorded the whole thing. I like that each season is really a miniseries, unrelated to previous seasons. I'm eagerly awaiting season 3!
I thought the second season was pretty terrible... I stopped watching it about half way through, and truthfully wanted to stop long before that. I kept trying to give it a chance to redeem itself, but it just didn't. The second season seemed to be about nothing more than shock value- there were interesting aspects of it, but the way it was woven together seemed very feeble and too focused on gore.

I LOVED the first season, though. I thought it was so cool you never knew who was alive or dead until the very end. It was pretty thought provoking learning about 1 building's inhabitants over several generations. Makes you wonder what stories & secrets each and every building you enter might have to tell.

The fact that each season is a stand alone mini-series implementing the same actors in entirely different roles is pretty groundbreaking in my eyes. I cannot wait to see what this third season holds.