User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-06-2014, 02:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison View Post
I find Stevie very harsh and agitated in this interview, I sure wish she smiled more. Was interesting all the same.
I think she was getting irritated that the interviewer kept interrupting her.
Old 11-06-2014, 09:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe they should have given the interviewer a whistle then. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabruns View Post
I think she was getting irritated that the interviewer kept interrupting her.
Old 11-06-2014, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Stevie is rarely lighthearted or smiley, especially when she's talking about herself. When is she ever not talking about herself? Almost never. She's very abrupt in her speech, and takes herself too seriously. She has strong emotional intelligence, but she is not very intellectual. (Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses).

The concept of a Fleetwood Mac musical and the babble that followed was embarrassing. But I found it interesting yet not surprising that Stevie isn't into musicals. It was bit of a misnomer when you hear her state "I'm not a musical person." Also, for a bit of potty humor taken out of context, she said "do do!"

I pretty much gotta agree. except to say I think she IS lighthearted and smiley and laugh-y when she's not doing interviews and hustling, hustling, hustling her career.

I loved how she said about Lady that she'd hoped when she wrote it that someday someone would make a musical like Oklahoma or South Pacific out of it, then not five minutes later is a little testy and saying she doesn't like musicals, was never into musicals, her best friend (presumably Robin) was but SHE was not.

A couple of times now in the last week or so she's made comments about "the next ten years" and it seems like that's her internal timeframe-- that she's figured she's got ten more years realistically with age, health, appearance, voice and all that to do any more rock n roll stuff before it's probably not going to be feasible to keep it going (or her vanity gets the better of her and she doesn't want to be out if she's not still stunning)…..
Old 11-07-2014, 06:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I pretty much gotta agree. except to say I think she IS lighthearted and smiley and laugh-y when she's not doing interviews and hustling, hustling, hustling her career.

I loved how she said about Lady that she'd hoped when she wrote it that someday someone would make a musical like Oklahoma or South Pacific out of it, then not five minutes later is a little testy and saying she doesn't like musicals, was never into musicals, her best friend (presumably Robin) was but SHE was not.

A couple of times now in the last week or so she's made comments about "the next ten years" and it seems like that's her internal timeframe-- that she's figured she's got ten more years realistically with age, health, appearance, voice and all that to do any more rock n roll stuff before it's probably not going to be feasible to keep it going (or her vanity gets the better of her and she doesn't want to be out if she's not still stunning)…..
I caught that "next ten years" thing too.
Old 11-09-2014, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just watched the interview-she cracks me up.Is it normal to talk this much?I can't even imagine her on coke.I think she sounded agitated too but I don't think the interviewer interrupted her too much,I just think that she loses herself [I]in[I] herself and can't shut up.
Old 11-09-2014, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

Well she said she hoped "someone" would do so and then the interviewer went on a tangent about "oh you're going to write a musical now?" so I think that's why she clarified that she wasn't.
Old 11-10-2014, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Did she say she doesn't do the internet?Ummmm.....didn't she just do a Facebook Q and A? Love her but God bless her
Old 11-30-2014, 05:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Belfast Telegraph 28 November 2014

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/en...-30784237.html

Stevie Nicks has spoken about how Christine McVie’s return to Fleetwood Mac has reignited the band’s “feminine” side.

The 66-year-old music icon released her eighth solo studio album in October, amid her band’s grand On with the Show world tour. And she has described what it’s like to have former bandmate Christine McVie back on the team.

“It’s not the boys’ club anymore,” she explained to Access Hollywood. “Now Christine and Stevie are back to being their very ‘force of nature’ selves.”

Stevie also spoke about what it was like when Christine quit the band back in 1998, after being with them for 30 years. With the gender balance very male heavy, things apparently lost their feminine touch.

“We’re in touch with our feminine selves again. Without her it became very masculine,” she said.

Fleetwood Mac is known not only for their trail of smash hits over their active years, but also their drama. Stevie famously dated their guitarist Lindsey Buckingham for numerous years.

Their relationship was notoriously reflected in their 1977 album Rumours. Stevie says although it’s all in the past, she hasn’t forgotten how it felt.

“It doesn’t still hurt but it’s still reality. It’s still real,” she told the outlet.

Stevie’s latest solo album is called 24 Karat Gold: Songs from the Vault. According to her, it’s filled with tracks that never quite made the final cut of her previous albums.

“These are the golden songs,” she smiled. “These are the songs that should have gone on many different records from 1975 up, and didn’t for many reasons.”
Old 11-30-2014, 05:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Any hopes for a Europe tour? :')

Edit: Omg that interviewer lolll

Stevie Nicks: I don't want to take a year off, because I will slow down and stop. I want to tour after Fleetwood Mac.

Interviewer: So in your year off you want to work on the musical?

Stevie Nicks: No.

LOL

Stevie's very "no nonsense"-style. I like that.

Last edited by twinmatrix; 11-30-2014 at 06:07 PM..