Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:58 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
"Drugs are bad...mmmkay."
"Pick out a uniform that you can wear your entire career."
"Don't date your producers or band members...oh, what am I saying? It sure worked for me!"

I can't wait to see the looks on their faces when they see Stevie. I sure hope what's her face is more starstruck than when she met Diddy.
LMAO Livia!
Best quotes of the year!!!!!

Old 03-24-2012, 10:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie looks beautiful -what is her secret? Fountain of youth! Looking forward to hearing what she has to say.

Old 03-24-2012, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, my favorite person was just eliminated on AI, but...I'll watch. I'm 100% positive that she would be a better judge than anyone they currently have. (I just deleted something thoroughly nasty about JLo (no need to be THAT honest).

I think Stevie will be honest without being hurtful. Although, if she starts out one of her critiques with "Baby..." I'm gonna barf.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
- when the contestants have picked their songs and start rehearsing them, they work with the mentor who advises them on pitch, harmony, when to carry out a note, and other little tips for the best way to sing the song.

Stevie will ignore all that and just advise them when to stick a few WELLS and YEAS into the song.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 03-24-2012, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Hollywood Reporter

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ido...-iovine-303877

'American Idol': Stevie Nicks to Mentor Top 9

Enlisted by old pal and in-house mentor Jimmy Iovine, the iconic Fleetwood Mac singer will guide the season 11 finalists as they perform songs by their idols.

It looks like Jimmy Iovine is hard at work enlisting artist friends to take part in this year's American Idol. The latest to join as guest mentor: singer, songwriter and Fleetwood Mac frontwoman Stevie Nicks, who will guide season 11's remaining nine finalists on next week's episode. The theme: songs from the contestants' Idols.

Only a couple Idols tweeted that they got to spend time with iconic vocalist, including 16-year-old Jessica Sanchez, who expressed her excitement over having met the one and only Stevie. Others, like DeAndre Brackensick were a bit more coy about who was guiding them. "ive [sic] got to say that our mentor this week is amazing," he wrote.

Of course, Iovine and Nicks go way back -- the Interscope Geffen A&M chairman is not only a decades-long friend, but he (along with Tom Petty) produced her breakout solo album, 1981's Bella Donna, along with subsequent releases The Wild Heart (1983) and Rock a Little (1985). It's also fairly well-documented that the two dated for a stretch in the 1980s. More recently, Iovine praised Nicks and her place in his life when he was honored by the Recording Academy's Producers & Engineers Wing before last month's Grammy Awards.

Tune in to Fox on Wednesday to see how the Top 9 fare.
Old 03-24-2012, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

American Idol 11: Stevie Nicks to Mentor Top 9
By mj On 03/24/2012

Stevie Nicks is set to mentor the American Idol 11 Top 9 this week, according to a tweet from Nigel Lythgoe.

“Our mentor was great this week,” Nigel tweeted excitedly.

Stevie is a member of the legendary Fleetwood Mac and has also had a long solo career of her own. Of course, she is also part of the Interscope family. Jimmy Iovine not only produced some of her early solo albums, but dated Stevie for awhile in the 80′s. Hmmm….

Before Jessica Sanchez headed off to a party last night she tweeted, “Heading to a party with the other 8 contestants Also, met Stevie Nicks today!!!”

Joshua Ledet tweets like a Stevie Nicks fan, “Just had my mentor session (: super excited haha !”

This week’s theme is “Songs From Their Own Idols” and will include songs from Beyonce, Mariah, Miranda, Lifehouse, Daughtry and Led Zeppelin.

Scotty McCreery and Nicki Minaj will be the musical guests on Thursday’s results show.

http://www.mjsbigblog.com/american-i...ntor-top-9.htm
Old 03-24-2012, 05:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffdweller View Post
This is the first season I've chosen not to watch and then THIS happens?! I will be watching for sure! I cannot wait to see Stevie coaching! Never seen that before. Looking forward!
I'm with you. I made the decision not to watch and now i will be tuning in. At least my DVR is still set to go!
Old 03-24-2012, 07:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

'American Idol' 2012 Top 9 Spoilers and Speculation
March 24, 2012 07:01 PM EDT

American Idol 2012 continues March 28 as the top 9 perform songs from their personal musical idols under the tutelage of guest mentor Stevie Nicks. Show producer Nigel Lythgoe spilled a baggie of spoiler beans via his @dizzyfeet Twitter handle, so read on for the details.

Although the hopefuls are tight-lipped about their selections—and the identities of their personal muses—on March 22, @dizzyfeet tweeted, "next week they're singing their #IDOL's songs. Beyonce, Mariah, Miranda, Lifehouse, Daughtry, Led Zeppelin. Now that should be interesting?"

It's all speculation, but Miranda is almost certainly country superstar Miranda Lambert, who finalist Skylar Laine previously called a big influence in her singing life. If Skylar wants to show off her balladeering talents for the first time in earnest, she could tackle the recent hit, "The House that Built Me." Other strong possibilities include, among others, "Gunpowder and Lead" and "Crazy Ex-Girlfriend."

But what of the other contestants? Mariah Carey is likely the muse for one of the two divas in the top 9, Jessica Sanchez or Hollie Cavanagh. Colton Dixon recently enjoyed a meal with former Idol hopeful turned successful musician Chris Daughtry, so there's a viable link between the two of them. Led Zeppelin seems a likely match for the gritty Phillip Phillips. But what about Heejun Han, Elise Testone, Joshua Ledet, and DeAndre Brackensick?

Tune in to American Idol 2012 Wednesday evening to find out which hopeful matches up with which muse. And more importantly to see who has the chops to turn in a great performance, and who's in big trouble come elimination night.

http://entertainment.gather.com/view...81474981214991
Old 03-24-2012, 09:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

mentors have performed on AI. if she did perform, i think in your dreams or ghosts are gone would be her best bet. the live audiences are usually mopey so she'd have to rock! however, i don't think she's going to perform.
Old 03-25-2012, 01:22 AM
Senior Ledgie

I just heard the news! I'm a huge AI fan and I've been waiting YEARS for them to have Stevie on as the mentor so I couldn't be more thrilled! Actually I could -- I really wish the theme was Stevie's music, or Fleetwood Mac songs, but I'll settle! (And yeah, I know the lot of you would guffaw at the idea of a bunch of amateurs butchering Stevie's songs, but I still think it would make a hell of a theme and would help her/their music score some iTunes downloads ^_^)
Old 03-25-2012, 05:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not a fan of the show .But I'll record and watch.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 03-25-2012, 07:23 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetinmyheart View Post
Stevie looks beautiful -what is her secret? Fountain of youth! Looking forward to hearing what she has to say.
rich people have the means to age well
Old 03-25-2012, 12:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mar 24 2012 08:11 PM ET

Stevie Nicks to mentor 'American Idol' contestants this week
by Dan Snierson
http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/03/24/am...-nicks-mentor/

If anyone falls this coming week on American Idol, Stevie Nicks will be there to help. The Fleetwood Mac singer/songwriter and solo artist is mentoring the nine finalists of the hit Fox singing competition, according to AI executive producer Nigel Lythgoe, who yesterday tweeted a photo of himself with Nicks while confirming the news. As part of this week’s theme, contestants will select songs from their personal idols. The show’s mentor-in-residence (and Interscope Geffen A&M chairman) Jimmy Iovine has strong ties to Nicks, of course; they were once romantically linked, and he produced her first three solo albums in the 1980s.

The Idol appearance won’t be Nicks’ only prime time gig this season. She’ll also guest-star as herself on an episode of NBC comedy Up All Night.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wonder how many times she will mention Lindsey while making a point to someone without even mentioning his last name? In her mind the whole world knows who she is talking about.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I wonder how many times she will mention Lindsey while making a point to someone without even mentioning his last name? In her mind the whole world knows who she is talking about.
That makes me feel good. That's the way I feel when Cher says, "Son used to say . . ."

Michele