User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-01-2019, 06:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViscountViktor View Post
I would've loved Fleetwood Mac to play Glastonbury when Christine rejoined, if they did it now it would just be sad (like everything associated with them is) as Lindsey wouldn't be there.
yes to all of this.

i think people have also discussed they'd love to see Lindsey solo playing glasto and a number of other festivals, not as a headliner but the way he played that cool San Francisco festival last September. or with his band. either way.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-01-2019, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
run across the article below from the Say You Will era. In it Lindsey says of Fleetwood Mac, "I would be completely happy to continue with this, never to pursue anything solo again. Because it's a hell of a lot easier." I read "easier" as referring, at least in part, to getting his music released.

https://www.fleetwoodmac-uk.com/articles/FMart115.html
yeah same as if the band continued in the direction he pushed them on Tusk - he said many times if they did, he would never have a need for solo outlet.

he tried the 2nd time with Say You Will - many of his songs were much edgier than regular FM sound. he hoped maybe now when they were older and happily reunited the band would be on board with just making interesting music together. the man is not egomaniac and just cares about making and putting out music, any way he can.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-01-2019, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The current band is boring in my opinion. The set list isn't much different then previous tours. They throw in 5-7 songs they have either never performed live or ones not performed in ages but the rest of the show is stuff they have played to the death. Even with new players it doesn't hide the fact that 1) They are mostly sticking to the same old same old and 2) They have nothing new to offer in terms of music. If they make new music it will only be so SN can give an F - U to Lindsey. It is sad that the band is ending things as a stale nostalgia act.
Old 02-01-2019, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
The current band is boring in my opinion. The set list isn't much different then previous tours. They throw in 5-7 songs they have either never performed live or ones not performed in ages but the rest of the show is stuff they have played to the death. Even with new players it doesn't hide the fact that 1) They are mostly sticking to the same old same old and 2) They have nothing new to offer in terms of music. If they make new music it will only be so SN can give an F - U to Lindsey. It is sad that the band is ending things as a stale nostalgia act.

I still can't believe FM fired Lindsey Buckingham! Its' creative genius! That was a dumb ****ing move if any band ever had one!
Old 02-01-2019, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
NF and MC are contracted players doing songs they have never done before. They're having fun and taking care of their pension fund.

It is indeed sad that the rest of the Rumours 5 is letting SN dictate their end as nothing more than a cover band instead of one of the biggest bands in rock history.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.