Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-30-2019, 06:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default On with the Show and Carnival Begin

I am almost positive Lindsey and Christine were saving On with the Show and Carnival Begin to play on a Rumours 5 Fleetwood Mac tour.

Do you agree? I mean, they named their last tour after the song On with the Show, probably signed off on the tour name when four of them still believed they were going to release a final Fleetwood Mac album. Before Stevie killed off that idea.

And on another topic- do you think the big love in between Stevie and Lindsey on the 2013 tour was fake? "Our relationship was fantastic" and "Now we're such good friends and we get on great" I remember Stevie saying while introducing Without You. All a lie?
Old 01-30-2019, 07:08 PM
BLY
This message has been deleted by BLY.
Old 01-30-2019, 08:21 PM

The thought did occur to me that they might want to do those on the next tour.

Also, I've always believed that $tevie and Lindsey have had moments of post break up friendship, (after the fact) and let it fuel their stage work. It's authentic when that happens.

Sometimes, you keep your ex around to hurt them over and over again. And, I think that's what both of them did. I always felt that LB moved on a lot faster than $he because of his marriage and family. Additionally he then moves on musically with Christine and oh boy.. here comes the hachet, axe and saw. Bitter, angry, liar... party of one....
Old 01-30-2019, 09:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The whole “on with the show” phrase first showed up on “Miss Fantasy“ on EP. I don’t think there was any serious consideration that an album would be done by the 2014 tour, far less new songs being performed on it. I think we got exactly what was intended for that.

I think Stevie and Lindsey worked very hard to establish a new working relationship in light of Christine’s absence. Lindsey became a lot softer with her working hard to convince her to record with him. She then became more sentimental about him, wanting to return to a simpler time in their relationship, back to the Buckingham Nicks days.

Christine’s return upset that. Lindsey didn’t have to act in the play anymore. He now had a willing participant in Christine. There was an overestimation on his part that Stevie would absolutely participate in a full Fleetwood Mac album. I suspect maybe he became over confident in that assumption and stopped being soft with Stevie altogether. She in turn put up an even bigger wall between two of them. In some ways, it paralleled what happened with them in 1975.

I don’t think Stevie was jealous about LBCM. I DO think she saw how much more successful her tour was relative to theirs and realized that she was a much bigger draw than the other two combined and had a lot more power in the band than they had at that point.

Then the Classics came around. Lindsey made his comments, which pissed off Azoff; had strained interactions with Stevie, which pissed Stevie off; shot down Mick’s desire to do some early years songs, which pissed off Mick; and (initially) asked for a delay, which was the last straw.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 01-30-2019 at 09:04 PM..
Old 01-30-2019, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
The thought did occur to me that they might want to do those on the next tour.

Also, I've always believed that $tevie and Lindsey have had moments of post break up friendship, (after the fact) and let it fuel their stage work. It's authentic when that happens.

Sometimes, you keep your ex around to hurt them over and over again. And, I think that's what both of them did. I always felt that LB moved on a lot faster than $he because of his marriage and family. Additionally he then moves on musically with Christine and oh boy.. here comes the hachet, axe and saw. Bitter, angry, liar... party of one....

They might want to do those two on the FM tour, but of course $tevie would have never allowed it.

I agree about keeping each other close in order to hurt the other. He did bad things to her. $he did bad things to him. But oh boy, her last move clearly took him by surprise. I believe he never saw it coming. Which means he could have never done something so bad to her, no matter how at odds they were with each other.

Everything was fantastic until Christine returned. And it shouldn't have been that way, because supposedly they're all friends. Obviously not as friends as they all are now

Which only reinforces the notion of how twisted her mind is right now.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.

Last edited by button-lip; 01-30-2019 at 10:35 PM.. Reason: Spelling mistake and thank God for ignore list!
Old 01-30-2019, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
I am almost positive Lindsey and Christine were saving On with the Show and Carnival Begin to play on a Rumours 5 Fleetwood Mac tour.
that's been the theory going around a lot. that since those 2 songs, more than any others on BuckVie, are such FM songs. many fans speculated that LB and CM put the idea out for the FM tour, so that there's at least something different on the new tour. the theory then goes that idea drove Stevie ballistic. so i guess Mick and her went to Italy or NZ or wherever and came up with doing 50 yo songs as opposed to 1 yo songs. because after all, why try to move forward when nostalgia singalongs sell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
The whole “on with the show” phrase first showed up on “Miss Fantasy“ on EP.
Miss Fantasy and On With The Show were initially recorded and registered at the same time, back in 2011. they were just finished at different times, one with SN and the other with CM. we knew both titles already back in 2011/12, there is a thread somewhere here with that info.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-30-2019, 10:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
They might want to do those two on the FM tour, but of course $tevie would have never allowed it.
The only flaw in that logic is that it’s also Stevie who wanted to sing “Black Magic Woman” and “All Over Again” which were done outside of her tenure. In theory, why would a song from Time be any less offensive than something from LBCM?

Quote:
But oh boy, her last move clearly took him bad surprise. I believe he never saw it coming.
Checkmate. Queen beats pawn, so I’ve heard.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-30-2019, 10:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Checkmate. Queen beats pawn, so I’ve heard.
interesting picture you came up with - it certainly sounds like a Stevie Nicks' and her cult following lifelong dream, doesn't it?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-30-2019, 11:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
interesting picture you came up with - it certainly sounds like a Stevie Nicks' and her cult following lifelong dream, doesn't it?
Totally does, but if people keep making the past 40+ years of their relationship analogous to a chess match, it was bound to happen eventually.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 01-30-2019 at 11:34 PM..
Old 01-30-2019, 11:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It doesn’t matter. You know that when a pawn reaches the other end of the chess board it can be promoted to a Queen, a Rook, a Bishop or a Knight?

Anything but a King.

Knight Buckingham sounds good to me.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 01-31-2019, 12:23 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
The only flaw in that logic is that it’s also Stevie who wanted to sing “Black Magic Woman” and “All Over Again” which were done outside of her tenure. In theory, why would a song from Time be any less offensive than something from LBCM?
Spite?

I'm not saying that IS the answer necessarily, but it's a pretty simple explanation for your question. Occam's razor, and all that...
Old 01-31-2019, 12:49 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
You using the word cult is priceless.
Old 01-31-2019, 12:54 PM
Senior Ledgie

Careful, Steve, you are going against “The Theory”.
Old 01-31-2019, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The whole “on with the show” phrase first showed up on “Miss Fantasy“ on EP. I don’t think there was any serious consideration that an album would be done by the 2014 tour, far less new songs being performed on it. I think we got exactly what was intended for that.

I think Stevie and Lindsey worked very hard to establish a new working relationship in light of Christine’s absence. Lindsey became a lot softer with her working hard to convince her to record with him. She then became more sentimental about him, wanting to return to a simpler time in their relationship, back to the Buckingham Nicks days.

Christine’s return upset that. Lindsey didn’t have to act in the play anymore. He now had a willing participant in Christine. There was an overestimation on his part that Stevie would absolutely participate in a full Fleetwood Mac album. I suspect maybe he became over confident in that assumption and stopped being soft with Stevie altogether. She in turn put up an even bigger wall between two of them. In some ways, it paralleled what happened with them in 1975.

I don’t think Stevie was jealous about LBCM. I DO think she saw how much more successful her tour was relative to theirs and realized that she was a much bigger draw than the other two combined and had a lot more power in the band than they had at that point.

Then the Classics came around. Lindsey made his comments, which pissed off Azoff; had strained interactions with Stevie, which pissed Stevie off; shot down Mick’s desire to do some early years songs, which pissed off Mick; and (initially) asked for a delay, which was the last straw.

I don't believe anything has been proven that Lindsey said anything to Mick refusing to play early material.
Old 01-31-2019, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
You using the word cult is priceless.
look, Buster: should i be worried? you seem to be obsessed with me.

lately, your almost every other post here have being directed at me, throwing insults and calling me names, even in threads which have nothing to do with me. maybe it's time for you to block me if my posts upset you to this degree.

you seem to be falsely ascribing to me some kind of special powers - as if i'm somehow responsible for everything and anything said or done by any dissapointed FM fan siding with LB in the last year's debacle. plus, as many have said over and over, most people whose actions you seem to be calling out are not even LB fans to begin with. they are usually disenchanted FM or SN fans.

as far as using the word cult: many of us use that word to distinguish people who are SN fans from blind followers who think she poops rainbows and cannot do anything wrong. if you have better word to use, please do suggest it. and, i never called you specifically and don't consider you a part of SN cult. on the other hand, with every post you keep throwing out more and more insults at people who have been loud on social media siding with LB in the last year's debacle, calling all these people "crazed Lindsey freaks" or some such phrasing.

Old 01-31-2019, 07:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
Spite?

I'm not saying that IS the answer necessarily, but it's a pretty simple explanation for your question. Occam's razor, and all that...
Exactly. She could have easily asked Mick to add Carnival Begin on the setlist. You know, a Christine's song. But no. And we know why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
I don't believe anything has been proven that Lindsey said anything to Mick refusing to play early material.
Careful. Don't go against "The Theory". You know, that's all Lindsey's fault.