User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-16-2018, 12:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Christine made the decision to leave. She was not replaced. The Sheryl Crow idea was rightfully ignored.
Yet Stevie was in favor of that as well.
Old 12-16-2018, 12:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
You should see what she said in Rolling Stone. She basically says the it's great that Lindsey's gone because now the other band members can kiss her ass on stage because of her Rock and Roll hall of fame induction. What a monster.
If that was the only despicable thing she said in that interview, it wouldn't be that bad, because we all know how that goes: she usually trash him on interviews and she can't stop talking about him on stage, until now.

To me, the most disgusting part (and thanks to that interviewer for not cutting it!) is when she basically admit her abortions as her own decision of not wanting to have children, and patting herself on the back for that because she never wanted to have a son.

Luckily Will Buckingham has someone else as his mother. I seriously don't know what's wrong with this woman anymore.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 12-16-2018, 12:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
If that was the only despicable thing she said in that interview, it wouldn't be that bad, because we all know how that goes: she usually trash him on interviews and she can't stop talking about him on stage, until now.

To me, the most disgusting part (and thanks to that interviewer for not cutting it!) is when she basically admit her abortions as her own decision of not wanting to have children, and patting herself on the back for that because she never wanted to have a son.

Luckily Will Buckingham has someone else as his mother. I seriously don't know what's wrong with this woman anymore.
She better be careful or the folks here will label her a misandrist!
Old 12-16-2018, 12:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Yet Stevie was in favor of that as well.
Of course she was. It made no sense and it would've been one giant dumpster fire of a tour (and I actually like a good bit of Sheryl's stuff)....Sheryl would have hit a high note ONE time or had a guitar on and jammed with Lindsey and boom - there would have been the drama and fireworks Stevie so missed on the 2009 Unleashed tour.
Old 12-16-2018, 12:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Yep. They asked him to rejoin. Of course, that was after he got them all to play on his album, which he did solely out of the kindness of his heart, because he proved he was a commercially viable solo artist.
They asked him to rejoin because it would have never gotten an ounce of traction as a viable reunion if Stevie or Lindsey weren't there. His viability as a solo artist, the album he never released anyway, or the kindness of his heart had nothing to do with it. It wouldn't have happened with any of them abstaining.
Old 12-16-2018, 02:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She better be careful or the folks here will label her a misandrist!
Misandry would be allowed, unfortunately.

$he never wanted a son, because $he probably couldn't control him. It's much easier to abort them. It's 4 abortions, right? At least that's what we've heard...
Old 12-16-2018, 05:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

And then I turned towards Christine [McVie] and she was like, “Congratulations sweetheart” or something and I’m just standing there and thinking that this was not anything that would have been mentioned onstage before. [She seems to mean before Lindsey Buckingham left the group, but she was unwilling to field questions about that situation.]

Stevie is implying the current band said this to her because the former band with Lindsey would have never mentioned anything. That is her insinuating that Lindsey controlled the band and would never let the other members congratulate her. Rubbish! She is bringing Lindsey into her Rock N Roll hall of fame announcement. Does anyone really think Mick or Christine would not have said congratulations to Stevie because Lindsey was there? So because Lindsey is gone, the rest of the band is free to speak and worship her because Lindsey was preventing it?
Give us a break

Last edited by Macfan4life; 12-16-2018 at 05:32 AM..
Old 12-16-2018, 08:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Misandry would be allowed, unfortunately.

$he never wanted a son, because $he probably couldn't control him. It's much easier to abort them. It's 4 abortions, right? At least that's what we've heard...
Right, 4. And apparently all of them were part of a decision, not that she was forced to because of health issues.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 12-16-2018, 09:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

i have no idea why she has been and is still talking about her abortions like she does and I don't like it at all, but that is not the point.
It was her right to have an abortion, to have more than one.
And it would be wrong to question her reasons. They are exactly that: HER reasons.

Last edited by AncientQueen; 12-16-2018 at 09:44 AM..
Old 12-16-2018, 09:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
i have no idea why she has been and is still talking about her abortions like she does and I don't like it at all, but that is not the point.
And it would be wrong to question her reasons. They are exactly that: HER reasons.
I agree completely that it's her reasons.

I think one reason bringing it up is valid - is that she certainly seems jealous of Lindsey's happy, grown up,
family life. She had her chances(perhaps) of having that, but instead she chose a narcissistic, diva like lifestyle, wrapped up in herself.

I'm positive $he'd rather have TWO r&rhof inductions than a happy family, anyway. It's all about $tevie.
Old 12-16-2018, 10:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
She was in fact talking about how she would have despised a son had she had one. But of course let’s dance around the real problem here and talk about her abortions rights.
Old 12-16-2018, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just my opinion on Stevie and kids - she regrets not having them. I think she sees what Lindsey (and others too, while she obsesses with LB, I don't think it's the only example of this that she knows) has now and she regrets that she doesn't have a family. I'm not saying she SHOULD regret it - nor that she SHOULD have had kids - nor that she shouldn't have had an abortion (or several), that's her right and her body. But, she manages to bring this up with relative frequency over the last couple of decades. And she oversells it (my songs are my children...I couldn't drag my kids on the road, I have lots of girls around me that are like my kids anyway, etc) in my opinion - it's her way of convincing herself at the age of 70 that her younger self made the right decision.
Old 12-16-2018, 12:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
My sentiments exactly, and very well put.

I will add these two cents: Post-reset (1997) Fleetwood Mac does work without Christine.
Except it didn’t work, at least not well.

It took them five years to put out an album after “The Dance.” SYW worked so well that it took them a decade to put out a four song EP.

If it had been working well, Sheryl Crow would have never been in the discussions.

Perhaps the biggest indicator that it didn’t work without Christine is the fact that, barring the unforeseen, they will have done 44 more shows in less than five years since Christine’s first show back than they did in the decade between the end of the SYW tour and her return.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-16-2018, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Just my opinion on Stevie and kids - she regrets not having them. I think she sees what Lindsey (and others too, while she obsesses with LB, I don't think it's the only example of this that she knows) has now and she regrets that she doesn't have a family...
When you get older, you look back at your life and ask yourself "What if?". I think that maybe she has some bittersweet moments of regrets. I don't think that they are all cast around Lindsey.
Old 12-16-2018, 12:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Except it didn’t work, at least not well.

It took them five years to put out an album after “The Dance.” SYW worked so well that it took them a decade to put out a four song EP.
...Perhaps the biggest indicator that it didn’t work without Christine is the fact that, barring the unforeseen, they will have done 44 more shows in less than five years since Christine’s first show back than they did in the decade between the end of the SYW tour and her return.
Christine has always added more than (her wonderful) music and talents, she leveled with both the divas and build a bridge between the UK and US folks. The band suffered from the absence of her personality, calmness and serenity and from her not lighten up the mood/putting someone in their place with her dry humour.

Last edited by AncientQueen; 12-16-2018 at 12:25 PM..