User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-16-2019, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
The most important line is when she's talking about writing songs with Neil and she says "he (Neil) seems like he'll be easy to work with". You can surmise who she's implying wouldn't be easy to work with.
Specifically, who do you think she refers to?
Old 02-16-2019, 06:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Oh please Mick you are pulling that one out of thin air. She did nothing but praise Lindsey.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
THE Stephen Hopkins
Old Yesterday, 08:32 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
Who are you implying she's referring to?
I don't think the comment is that deep. People being "difficult to work with" has been the issue of literally every recording session FMac has had. Stevie, Lindsey, Danny, Bob, Mick, John, Christine, and their crew have always had strife. When she makes that comment it's probably out of relief that she might be working with someone that isn't super dramatic for a change .

"The face of a pretty girl x1,000,000" -Isn't It Midnight (The song that got me into Christine McVie)

"The sun is bright, but not too bright to see. When the darkness comes you've got to fly into the light." -Doing What I Can (The song that got me into Lindsey Buckingham)

"I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain" -The Chain (The song that got me into Fleetwood Mac)
Old Yesterday, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's also possible to give someone a compliment without it being a backhanded insult to someone else. Decent people do that all the time.
Old Yesterday, 10:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
There's been a lot of talk of new Fleetwood Mac material over the last few years, and obviously you had your joint album with Lindsay a couple of years ago - are you guys working on fresh material?

With the new band? No not yet.
That almost suggests to me that she might be/have been also working with Lindsey.

Quote:
There are a couple of songs we've had in mind with Neil, and he seems like he'll be easy to work with
I didn’t read anything into this other than Neil seems like he’ll be easy to work with. I don’t think it’s in relation to anyone else.

Quote:
This world tour is going to take most of the year. Maybe next year. Nobody's made any decisions about that yet.
The tour will go into next year or they’ll do an album next year?

I kind of love the vagueness.

Realistically, though, Stevie almost has to do a solo tour, with the RRHOF induction.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
THE Stephen Hopkins
Old Today, 06:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
That almost suggests to me that she might be/have been also working with Lindsey.
There's really no way for this to be true. Lindsey said he hadn't heard from Christine since he was fired, then Christine was in rehearsals and then the tour while Lindsey was on his solo tour, followed by the holidays and then Lindsey's surgery. Lindsey did confirm he got an email from Christine after the settlement, but really, there's no way they've had time to work together. I'm not saying they won't collaborate later, just that there's no way it's happened since they toured together for Buck/Vie. There just hasn't been time.
Old Today, 08:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
There's really no way for this to be true. Lindsey said he hadn't heard from Christine since he was fired, then Christine was in rehearsals and then the tour while Lindsey was on his solo tour, followed by the holidays and then Lindsey's surgery. Lindsey did confirm he got an email from Christine after the settlement, but really, there's no way they've had time to work together. I'm not saying they won't collaborate later, just that there's no way it's happened since they toured together for Buck/Vie. There just hasn't been time.
Good to see you back. Your positivity is missed around here.
Old Today, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have to think Stevie is going to solo tour on the back of the RRHOF induction. This will potentially hamper any new album.