The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-09-2004, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Did Stevie ever "announce" Chris or Lindsey?

I've realized that I've never heard Stevie say "Lindsey Buckingham!" after a searing guitar ending to a song like Christine used to do, or Lindsey would say "Christine McVie!" after one of her rockers, showing the audience that bit of excitement and respect for each other. Lindsey and Chrstine would also do it for Stevie, but I have never heard Stevie do it for either of them. Has anyone else noticed this, or has anyone heard a show where she does it? It's odd.
Old 05-09-2004, 04:37 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default odd indeed

Indeed, now I come to think of it, Ive never heard Stevie announce either of them, maybe Stevie is more of a let-the-audience-do-the-apreciation sorta thing, or maybe she doesnt get that rush of excitment off their performances as much as L. or C. does.

xx
Old 05-09-2004, 10:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryHour
I've realized that I've never heard Stevie say "Lindsey Buckingham!" after a searing guitar ending to a song like Christine used to do, or Lindsey would say "Christine McVie!" after one of her rockers, showing the audience that bit of excitement and respect for each other. Lindsey and Chrstine would also do it for Stevie, but I have never heard Stevie do it for either of them. Has anyone else noticed this, or has anyone heard a show where she does it? It's odd.
When have they ever announced Stevie? The only person I have ever heard announce anyone was Christine McVie scream "Lindsey Buckingham!" after one of his guitar solos. I've also hears Rick Vito or Billy Burnette announce Christine after Isn't It Midnight on the TITN dvd.

We were frail...
Save us...

Last edited by diamondsnake; 05-09-2004 at 10:08 PM..
Old 05-09-2004, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsnake
When have they ever announced Stevie? The only person I have ever heard announce anyone was Christine McVie scream "Lindsey Buckingham!" after one of his guitar solos. I've also hears Rick Vito or Billy Burnette announce Christine after Isn't It Midnight on the TITN dvd.
I have heard it a couple of times...usually after Rhiannon, Christine would yell it. Also, on the Melbourne 1980 boot, Lindsey keeps chanting Stevie's name very weird-like before they do a song, which I believe was Sara. I also think I heard Lindsey shout out her name after a performance of Gypsy during the Mirage tour.
Old 05-09-2004, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Christine says "STEVIE NICKS!!!" after Rhiannon from the Mirage tour ....
I have it on Mp3, Im pretty sure its the mp3 from the mirage tour video as well

Chris
Old 05-10-2004, 01:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

God, I think even back in 1975 they were announcing each other. I believe their first shows Stevie was announcing just as much as everyone else. I think each lead got one announcement each by each other.

With three leads, I guess they always felt that so all three got credit for their "best" songs of the set.

Plus each one got their spotlight, their attention.

In the Dance tour, I guess Stevie DIDN'T announce, but I don't even remember. Before that, I'm sure she did, especially in the 70's.
Old 05-10-2004, 10:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heck, back in "the day" (75-78), even JOHN would introduce songs, have things to say between songs, etc. It's this "everything has to be calculated & precise" crap that their shows have turned into since about 1980 that has pervaded.
Old 05-10-2004, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsnake
When have they ever announced Stevie?
All you gotta do is listen to the 1980 live album.
Old 05-10-2004, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If you listen to Rhiannon from Irvine Meadows in 1997, Christine says "Stevie Nicks!" after the end of the song.
Old 05-10-2004, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnona Call
maybe she doesnt get that rush of excitment off their performances as much as L. or C. does.

xx
True, I never thought of that...perhaps since she's not jamming on an instrument with them (fabulous tambourines aside ), this is true. Also, she used to leave the stage a lot before the songs ended, so maybe she just wasn't there to do it very often.
Old 05-10-2004, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
Heck, back in "the day" (75-78), even JOHN would introduce songs, have things to say between songs, etc. It's this "everything has to be calculated & precise" crap that their shows have turned into since about 1980 that has pervaded.

I know! He was quite the chatty Johnny back in the day (probably due to the alcohol!) but he was always talking. And he would introduce everyone and say some funny things

"Hearts will break with choices we must
make, so sleep and dream of me."
- LB
Old 05-10-2004, 03:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking Yep...

it happened quite alot on numerous cd's through the years. I would be specific but I am too damn lazy today to dig thru and find which ones exactly

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 05-10-2004, 03:59 PM

I have seen Stevie acknowledge Christine as an accompianist which is very proper ettiquette.