User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-27-2014, 06:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
That 5-year void seems like nothing to me now. And for those that are fans of all three, that void included two solo albums by Stevie and one each by Lindsey and Christine.
Also, in addition to 1982-1987, I also have fervently wished they could have come together soon after the Clinton inauguration and it hadn't taken until 1997 for it to happen.

Those lost years have plagued me incessantly. I thought the Dance was the beginning of something and it turned out to be the end and I never stopped regretting the lost time that preceded it.

Michele
Old 04-27-2014, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
no there was no tweet from DS. someone on FMN&R blog posted an anonymous comment saying Dave PMed them on fb and said it was FM project. so that is not exactly trustworthy.

i was asking all these same questions as you when i first heard HelloMonster's recording. so yeah all good and puzzling questions... no idea!

maybe Christine planned to spend this time in the US for Mac album recording, but now that the wrench seems to have been thrown into that, she's choosing to still spend some time in the studio with some friends, and maybe help out? was she really not on SN's solo albums before? she certainly was on Lindsey's and he or hers, so...
I would have to go through all the SN album credits but I'm pretty sure that before "IYD" the only song any of them played on is "Sable On Blond" which had Mick on drums...
Old 04-27-2014, 06:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
I would have to go through all the SN album credits but I'm pretty sure that before "IYD" the only song any of them played on is "Sable On Blond" which had Mick on drums...
Lindsey was on "I Miss You" for TISL.

Michele
Old 04-27-2014, 07:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
You can still get that. They can always do an album with the five later. I don't take an all or nothing approach.
Of course I wouldn't turn down a Mac album with just four of the five, but that idea doesn't excite me nearly as much as the prospect of all five. I've wanted a new album with The Five for over a decade now. Another album with just four of the five would feel like settling.

Basically, we're all wishin' & hopin' & thinkin' & prayin' in these conversations. I'm not telling you or Elle or anyone that they're wrong for wanting new music from four them. I'm just telling you that, since we're closer now to having something with all five than we have been in 16 years, I'd rather wait a little bit longer for that to happen.
Old 04-27-2014, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
yeah but if you do some math you would see your feeling is a pipe dream, and we are not talking about a few months.

i don't know whether they decided to wait for her or not. do you?
Mick just said they're hoping she'll be done in a couple of weeks. If the band hasn't decided to wait for her, why would they care how long her solo project takes?

So this is the math I did: Stevie recording in Nashville + Mick hoping she'll be done in two weeks = Fleetwood Mac has decided to wait for Stevie.

There, I even showed my work.

Last edited by Johnny Stew; 04-27-2014 at 07:58 PM..
Old 04-27-2014, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
It's not absolute all the time. It's absolute or not, depending on which Mac member is involved.
Nice one. Yet I've already said more than once that I'd want them to wait for Lindsey too.

Absolutely.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
Mick just said they're hoping she'll be done in a couple of weeks. If the band hasn't decided to wait for her, why would they care how long her solo project takes?
i should have known that you would be mixing time and space, absolute vs relative values in your math. you need to study up.

what Mick said can easily mean they will wait for 2 weeks, and see what happens then; we have no doubt they are hoping and would love to have all 5 on the record. Mick doesn't say what will happen if their hope turns out to be false. they may re-group and take another direction.

and direction they should take is: if she's not back in promised time, then release that album already, with or without SN!!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-27-2014, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Nice one. Yet I've already said more than once that I'd want them to wait for Lindsey too.

Absolutely.
Yes I saw what you said.

Michele
Old 04-27-2014, 08:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
what Mick said can easily mean they will wait for 2 weeks, and see what happens then; we have no doubt they are hoping and would love to have all 5 on the record. Mick doesn't say what will happen if their hope turns out to be false. they may re-group and take another direction.
I hear what you're saying. I still can't imagine Stevie giving them the run-around at this point in the game, or them still allowing her to do so. I think if she were putting them off indefinitely, without giving them any guarantees on her participation, that they'd say, "take all the time you'd like on your solo album, Stevie -- we won't be needing your services now." Basically, "take a hike."

Quote:
and direction they should take is: if she's not back in promised time, then release that album already, with or without SN!!
I'll agree with you there. If she still hasn't committed to recording with them, or if she has committed and yet still doesn't make herself available to them when they expect her to, then, yes, they should proceed without her.

If I've made it sound like I think they should all sit around and wait for Stevie for the next two or three years, I certainly didn't mean to.

But I feel this wait-time is doable and worthwhile if it means we get all five.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Yes I saw what you said.
Was I wrong to think there was some snarkiness in your comment then?
Old 04-27-2014, 08:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Mick sounds to me as if he doesn't know and is hoping for the best, praying that if he leads a moral and good life, maybe things just may work out for him in the end.

He'd probably like to do another Playboy interview about it, just to push things in the right direction. So, Mr. Hefner, if you are reading this thread ...

Michele
Old 04-27-2014, 08:42 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
what Mick said can easily mean they will wait for 2 weeks, and see what happens then; we have no doubt they are hoping and would love to have all 5 on the record.
I'm just curious: has anyone considered the possibility that Stevie could just send her contributions into FM digitally instead of needing to be physically present? She's working at Martina McBride's studio where she has access to some of the top musicians in the country. Wouldn't it be likely that she's working on both her solo project and the 3-4 songs for the new FM project simultaneously?

I've been a fan of both Fleetwood Mac and Stevie for many years. She has always said how important FM is to her and that her solo career is separate; has been successful at juggling both careers since "Bella Donna" was first released; and I believe that she will be ready to contribute to the FM album when they need her. With the technology that exists today, there isn't a need for everyone to be physically in the studio. They can work together through Skype, iChat, etc. and send their work back & forth. Dave Stewart and Stevie wrote songs together for IYD using that format; they are probably working the same way with FM. Have some faith in their process!!
Old 04-27-2014, 08:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Was I wrong to think there was some snarkiness in your comment then?
Sure you can think it, but my comment was that I read what you said. Why would you remind me what you said? I wasn't talking just about you or even just about Stevie fans when I said to Elle that absolutes change depending on which band member it is?

Michele
Old 04-27-2014, 08:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't know if it's relevant, as we know they have been at the Village, but Mick said they are recording in regards to Christine yesterday. I have it on video. The video itself is crappy though, as I was focusing on capturing the audio mainly, so the picture is of people's heads . I can post it if people are interested. It didn't seem like important/ new news to me.
Just a dream, just a dream.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Sure you can think it, but my comment was that I read what you said. Why would you remind me what you said? I wasn't talking just about you or even just about Stevie fans when I said to Elle that absolutes change depending on which band member it is?

Michele
I wasn't referring to your "I saw what you said" comment. I was asking whether there was snarkiness in your "absolutes" comment.

I'm not typically someone who thinks huddled football players are talking about them, but based on the comment of Elle's that you were replying to, it seemed directed at me.

I do agree with your assessment, however. Absolutes certainly change depending on which band member is being discussed, and by whom.