The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-26-2013, 10:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Not sure what camera Erin used, but yeah those are amazing photos.

"What a f**king stupid shirt you're wearing." - Christine McVie
Old 09-26-2013, 10:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Well to be fair, John looked way less enthused than LB. LB did give the appearance of being happy and joking around. John looked like it was just another tune to play.
Isn't that his default? He seems to be quite taken to Chris, though.

Old 09-26-2013, 10:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by applebucked View Post
Not sure what camera Erin used, but yeah those are amazing photos.
It was a Canon PowerShot SX260 HS (There are photo details you can view over on the right side).
Old 09-26-2013, 10:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post
It was a Canon PowerShot SX260 HS (There are photo details you can view over on the right side).
Oh, a point and shoot. That explains it. I assume it's the bigger cameras that aren't allowed in.

Old 09-26-2013, 10:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh, a point and shoot. That explains it. I assume it's the bigger cameras that aren't allowed in.
Yeah, you most likely need a press pass for those and I think they usually only allow professional photographers during the first few songs. Some of the point and shoots can take some great pictures though if you know what you are doing.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post
Yeah, you most likely need a press pass for those and I think they usually only allow professional photographers during the first few songs. Some of the point and shoots can take some great pictures though if you know what you are doing.
That, and you're on a great spot to begin with! I've had my Canon point and shoot for 6 years and still takes great photos. Not a pro, or even a hobbyist by any stretch. Just enough skill to get by.

Old 09-26-2013, 10:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Or maybe Mick and Stevie talked her into it without letting Lindsey in on the conversation.

I don't necessarily think she wants to work with them again. I think she's been asked by Mick and Stevie and agreed to do so. And then Lindsey balked at the idea because it takes away from what they've created over the last 15 years.

I have to agree, without that keyboard (stage right) it looks and sounds a bit bare. I'm sure he doesn't want that to be the contrast to the music and rehearsals that they've had. Everyone and their mother knows that they are better with her. Even he does.
I think there's some truth to this. Stevie probably had to talk Lindsey into it with Mick doing a tag. Also, there's been all this talk lately of LB & Chris as a musical team. Stevie says that LB would listen to her, I believe that. So, it had to feel good to him to once again be at the helm completely and not have to rely on Chris and feeling probably a bit insecure at her music education that he didn't have. I don't think Lindsey disregards her at all, but it has to be a least a little bit of a kick to the ego to think fans think they are better with her than without her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
interesting.

i saw the opposite from you all, and remember, i focus on Lindsey when watching these vids:
Um, I was focusing on Lindsey in order to make my observation.

Quote:
he was annoyed waiting to get his hug from Chris when she first came out b/c Stevie would not let her go.
He was annoyed because he wanted to get on with it.

Quote:
then he was annoyed again when Don't Stop was over b/c again Stevie was holding Chris in the corner by the keyboards instead of letting her get over to the middle so they can all have the moment together instead of just Stevie and Chris.
I think what was going on here was they (and Stevie was head cheerleader) were trying to get Chris to come over and bow and maybe she was hedging. It looks to me Stevie kept nodding at her and telling her yes. Lindsey had waved her over and then did this:

He held that stance for 8 seconds. This is annoyed/almost pissed off Lindsey. Mick went by him and is waving them over too, trying to move it along.

Quote:
he was BEAMING during the bows and kept catching Chris' eyes and then finally blew her a kiss as John was hugging her.
Lindsey was the least happy, but I'm sure he was happy to have allowed the experience and happy his bandmates were so ecstatic.

Quote:
all we have to go on saying that he didn't want Christine there is Stevie's words. and you all keep telling me how consistent and believable her words are.
The problem with your interpretation of Stevie is that you try to make it consistently one way. It's not. She's consistently inconsistent, meaning she is truthful and she is not and sometimes she's just mixed up. On this, she was telling the truth. She never said he didn't want Christine there per se, it's about the set list and the overshadowing her presence would do to his work. You should appreciate that. They worked hard to make this work without her. Unless she's really coming back (and we know she's not) then he probably sees it as a little bit of a threat. Also, he's finally got Stevie to a point where she is ok without her and maybe this could make her waffle on him again.

Quote:
I see a mixture of both these sentiments from Lindsey. He's happy that Chris is there, as we can see on how he just looked at her for most of the song, and I think the peck on the cheek was very genuine. But at the same time, his ego kicks in with not wanting her to hog all the spotlight, which he should've expected even for just one song.
There's truth in this.

Quote:
But I still suspect that there is still some tension between the two of them.
Could be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
Yeah. I was looking for all the grumpy Old-Man-Lindsey moments and body language, and I just couldn't pick any of that out of the videos. I think people are projecting a bit of their preconceived notions, here.
I don't have any preconceived notions about their situation. I don't know what went down, but I think the body language is telling. Lindsey was annoyed. What he was annoyed about, I don't know for sure, of course.

Quote:
I do think it's pretty reasonable to believe that Lindsey had a lot of trepidation about having Christine back with them, though. But the idea that Chris may have done more than one song with them if it weren't for Lindsey may be just Stevie living in a dream world.
Stevie has as big of a say in the set. I don't think she really would have agreed to more than one either. It made sense for it to be DS.

Quote:
Interestingly, the people who see the "bitter Lindsey" body language are the hardcore Chris fans. Maybe we're the bitter ones.

(As for me, I don't exactly see it as bitterness. More like annoyance in the lines of 'come on. bring whatever you're having there over here'.)
I agree, I don't see a bitterness. But, I do think he was in a hurry to get the whole thing over with.

Final note for all the Lindsey / Christine collaboration supporters: There is and has been nothing stopping this from happening except the two of them. So, for everyone who thinks that Lindsey should dump Stevie and go do something with Christine -why hasn't he? He does what he wants to. Frankly, I'm glad he wants to and chooses to work with Stevie.

Last edited by CADreaming; 09-26-2013 at 10:31 AM..
Old 09-26-2013, 10:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
I think there's some truth to this. Stevie probably had to talk Lindsey into it with Mick doing a tag. Also, there's been all this talk lately of LB & Chris as a musical team. Stevie says that LB would listen to her, I believe that. So, it had to feel good to him to once again be at the helm completely and not have to rely on Chris and feeling probably a bit insecure at her music education that he didn't have. I don't think Lindsey disregards her at all, but it has to be a least a little bit of a kick to the ego to think fans think they are better with her than without her.
You have to blame Elle and myself for bringing the LB/CM musical team thing (maybe that would get the ball rolling). IMO, it's Lindsey's ego talking here (the whole thing with Chris, I mean). and we all know how his ego is. As for the last statement, he should also know that things weren't exactly right when he was the one who left.

And Lindsey doesn't have to dump Stevie to work with Chris. I see it as a project on the side, like his solo career was (but knowing FM, it could turn into a FM album). But I still think the idea has crossed either of their minds.

Last edited by applebucked; 09-26-2013 at 10:34 AM..
Old 09-26-2013, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You have to blame Elle and myself for bringing the LB/CM musical team thing (maybe that would get the ball rolling). IMO, it's Lindsey's ego talking here. and we all know how his ego is. As for the last statement, he should also know that things weren't exactly right when he was the one who left.

And Lindsey doesn't have to dump Stevie to work with Chris. I see it as a project on the side, like his solo career was (but knowing FM, it could turn into a FM album). But I still think the idea has crossed either of their minds.
Yeah, that's cool. I mean I too would be into that - because I'm into whatever they do. My point is, he hasn't, they haven't. There's a reason.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I was meant to say the idea hasn't crossed either of their minds. Oops.

Quote:
Yeah, that's cool. I mean I too would be into that - because I'm into whatever they do. My point is, he hasn't, they haven't. There's a reason.
And the reason why, we'll never know.

Last edited by applebucked; 09-26-2013 at 10:41 AM..
Old 09-26-2013, 10:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And the reason why, we'll never know.
sounds so dramatic!
Old 09-26-2013, 10:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well to be fair, John looked way less enthused than LB. LB did give the appearance of being happy and joking around. John looked like it was just another tune to play.
I think John was very emotional though.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
sounds so dramatic!
I was meant to say the idea hasn't crossed either of their minds. Oops.

Just wanna know 1. If they considered it. and 2. If they want to do it. If they don't wanna do it, I can't do anything about it.

Old 09-26-2013, 10:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He definitely was. Think he was about to cry at times.

Old 09-26-2013, 10:47 AM

Quote:
I'm going to have to watch it again... I did not see that at all. I'll have to look at his face. I was mostly watching body language.

I'm not bitter as a CMcVie fan.. As much as I adore her work.. she really thrives with the Buckster. I hope the 5 of them find there way back to each other. I think she needs them as much as they need her... It's a 2 way down endless street...