Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-23-2008, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Those lyrics made me think of "Running Through the Garden"
Yes, especially since Rappaccini's daughter was deliberately hiding to protect her lover from her poison. It fits right in with Lindsey's words, searching for a face full of grace behind garden walls. Then, they come together. That's what makes the flip line that he saw her searching "for me" so powerful.

Course, I could also view the lyrics as a counterpart to Gate and Garden.

Michele
Old 09-23-2008, 08:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yes, especially since Rappaccini's daughter was deliberately hiding to protect her lover from her poison. It fits right in with Lindsey's words, searching for a face full of grace behind garden walls. Then, they come together. That's what makes the flip line that he saw her searching "for me" so powerful.

Course, I could also view the lyrics as a counterpart to Gate and Garden.

Michele
Ok - I agree with you - is there a full moon

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 09-24-2008, 01:19 PM
Senior Ledgie

The line in Underground, "Did I sell my heart for the dreams in my head?" reminds me of Stevie and Lindsey. If he would have used "soul" instead of "heart", I wouldn't think that, but we all know that Lindsey thinks that joining FM contributed to their break up.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori40 View Post
The line in Underground, "Did I sell my heart for the dreams in my head?" reminds me of Stevie and Lindsey. If he would have used "soul" instead of "heart", I wouldn't think that, but we all know that Lindsey thinks that joining FM contributed to their break up.
I never thought of it that way. I always thought he meant did he sell what he really wanted for what he assumed that he wanted, and his heart and his dreams in his head both referred to something he has done in his musical carer. But, as some one who writes poetry for fun and likes to think he's god at it, I doubt that every line means something specific, so I always wonder which of the lines artists use because they sound good or just fit better that the next option.

I am sorry, I am out-of-date with my lingo, what does shipper's influence mean?
Old 09-24-2008, 02:27 PM
Senior Ledgie

I was wondering about the song Treason if it was about Stevie, and if it is I wonder what the Treason was.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori40 View Post
I don't think Lindsey would refer to joining FM in that way, because he didn't join the band to fulfill his career dreams. In fact, joining the band was actually the opposite of what his dream was in a way. So, I don't think he'd refer to it like that.

Actually, people usually do the opposite, they give up their dreams for their head (practical reasons) or their heart (love and family) rather than the other way around. That's what I think many of the songs on UTS (most notably CAD) were about. I try to think what love (heart) Lindsey had to give up for his dream of making avant garde music.

But anyway, the line in the song makes you ask the question, "Have you any dreams to sell."

Michele
Old 09-24-2008, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am not a shipper, but how about Lindsey's "Did You Miss Me," answered by Stevie's TISL, "I Miss You," a song in which which Lindsey just happened to make an appearance. Coincidence?????

Old 09-24-2008, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
I am not a shipper, but how about Lindsey's "Did You Miss Me," answered by Stevie's TISL, "I Miss You," a song in which which Lindsey just happened to make an appearance. Coincidence?????
Ha, I like your sig since the MSR is practically all I ever think about when a subject like this comes up. Michele
Old 09-24-2008, 02:59 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

I for one don't think he's really writing about Stevie anymore. I could be way off. But knowing what his personal life seems to be like now, the songs don't come across as being about Miss Nicks.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
I for one don't think he's really writing about Stevie anymore. I could be way off. But knowing what his personal life seems to be like now, the songs don't come across as being about Miss Nicks.
do we dare deny the allowance to squeeze the essential oils from the lyrics?
Old 09-24-2008, 03:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree. We can't forget it, he might have moved on. Or, every word, every hum, every guitar solo, every smile, every thought, every dream, every song, every album, and every wish/regret could be about/for her.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNLB View Post
Someone posted a video of LB talking about Love Runs Deeper. Here is the link:

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=37426

I thought Lindsey said "I believe" my wife wrote the lyrics to the verses. "I believe"? Hmmm, he doesn't know for sure? Anyway, check out the video. Maybe I misunderstood something there.
that made me laugh
like maybe, there was more than just linds and K contributing to that song
if it was mainly Lindsey writing, dont you think he would know which lines HE penned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
^^^

I agree.

Here is a post I made in the "Screwed @ Royce Hall 9/14/2008" thread in response to why K seemingly gets attacked:

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showth...t=37376&page=9

this [non crazy-manic] shipper is still here
i havent posted on the BN board in years tho
i miss all the conversations that y'all had over there
and I don't hate K... i just don't like her
& i dont get warm and fuzzy when i see them together
she gives off the impression of being a bitch...sorry
no, i don't know her and havent met her
but that's the vibe i get when i watch her in the vids and see pics of her
Old 09-25-2008, 07:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Ha, I like your sig since the MSR is practically all I ever think about when a subject like this comes up. Michele
so you loved IWtB too
the LnS saga would be a beautiful movie
Old 09-25-2008, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question

Quote:
But who really knows. Hasn't Stevie said that she has songs in her vault from years & years ago that she brings out from time to time? Maybe some are about Stevie that Lindsey has kept around from years ago.

Sometimes I hear lyrics that come from Stevie & Lindey that are the same. Like what is this "underground" stuff? What exactly is going "underground"? And what is Stevie's velvet underground in Gypsy? I thought that meant her home where she grew up. Is that what Lindsey means, too?

"Parallel universe", I thought I heard this mentioned in one of Lindsey's songs. Doesn't Stevie mention this in on of her songs, too? Destiny Rules, maybe?

Lee
Old 09-25-2008, 07:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
But who really knows. Hasn't Stevie said that she has songs in her vault from years & years ago that she brings out from time to time? Maybe some are about Stevie that Lindsey has kept around from years ago.

Sometimes I hear lyrics that come from Stevie & Lindey that are the same. Like what is this "underground" stuff? What exactly is going "underground"? And what is Stevie's velvet underground in Gypsy? I thought that meant her home where she grew up. Is that what Lindsey means, too?

"Parallel universe", I thought I heard this mentioned in one of Lindsey's songs. Doesn't Stevie mention this in on of her songs, too? Destiny Rules, maybe?

Lee
Lindsey was talking about Under the Skin in Underground. I believe that he felt like no one wanted to hear his album, so his only choice was to wander underground. I thought that was pretty clear.