User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-17-2008, 05:52 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1LiddyBuckFan View Post
Like DavidMN - He has always been nice when I have met him....REALLY nice. Like, I was shocked he cared about his fans so much kind of nice.

I guess everyone has different experiences.

I have never had a bad run in with Kristen either. When I saw her, she was always nice UNLESS someone was trying to talk to their kids or something. She's seems like a normal protective mother.
I'm glad you had a great experience. The point of this thread was only to relate my bad experience and to get some insight as to if this was normal or not. Thanks.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltreyPFD View Post
I'm glad you had a great experience. The point of this thread was only to relate my bad experience and to get some insight as to if this was normal or not. Thanks.
Then I guess by my account and a few others who added their good experience, it's not necessarily normal. We were just trying to add our two cents to help. Thanks.

Old 09-17-2008, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1LiddyBuckFan View Post
. . . I have never had a bad run in with Kristen either. . . .
I met her once a long time ago at the Soundstage thingee and she was very, very nice to me. But, others have had horror stories.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 09-17-2008, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You all need to pull your heads in! the man doesn't need to say hi to everyone after the show, i have seen him 10 times and i am yet to meet him but i don't go waiting after each show expecting to.
Old 09-17-2008, 06:57 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
You all need to pull your heads in! the man doesn't need to say hi to everyone after the show, i have seen him 10 times and i am yet to meet him but i don't go waiting after each show expecting to.

totally...i'm almost embarrassed for the complainers in this thread...do you people KNOW how ridiculous you sound?

'screwed'? uh, not really...you would've been screwed if the show was cancelled an hour before it was scheduled to start and you wasted a trip to the venue...not getting an autograph may be disappointing, but you were never promised one in the first place...

you think buying someone's album entitles you to something other than the music? grow up...if someone is expected to warmly greet everyone who purchases their music, why even put the music out at all? if i bought two copies of the album, does that mean i deserve two encounters? how many shows do i need to attend to earn an invitation to dinner with the buckinghams?

oh, and by the way, lindsey's "mansion" was paid for with HIS hard-earned money, not "donations" from "fans"...

Last edited by sands of time; 09-17-2008 at 07:01 PM..
Old 09-17-2008, 07:53 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sands of time View Post
'screwed'? uh, not really...you would've been screwed if the show was cancelled an hour before it was scheduled to start and you wasted a trip to the venue...not getting an autograph may be disappointing, but you were never promised one in the first place...
Hey Dummy! "Screwed" was a play on words because of the new album titled "Gift Of Screws"

Had the show been cancelled I would have only been out $5.00 since Mr. Buckingham's tickets were not selling.

Also... I did not expect an autograph just hopeful that it might happen. The point of this thread was to explain what my experience was not to trash the artist.

The bottom line is... if you have two fans in wheelchairs then at least make an effort to greet them don't shuffle off to your car like Woody Allen just because your wife yells at you.

Lindsey's actions toward those two fans was not very nice. Don't say from stage how excited you are to be in your hometown and then treat 12 hometown fans like crap.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:55 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sands of time View Post
oh, and by the way, lindsey's "mansion" was paid for with HIS hard-earned money, not "donations" from "fans"...
One more thing... explain to me how Lindsey could have "hard earned money" without fans? That I would love to hear.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

you Paid $5 freaking dollars for your ticket! and your complaining, is there a reason why you have never posted before? i have flown from Australia for these concerts and i will not be pissed at Lindsey if i dont meet him or if his WIFE wants to go home and put her 2 children under the age of 11 to bed at a time that she feels suitable. On the ticket stub it states Lindsey Buckingham "Gift of Screws tour" not Lindsey Buckingham "Gift of Screws Tour and Meet and greet With fans and the disabled outside afterwards" Grow up man
Old 09-17-2008, 08:21 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
you Paid $5 freaking dollars for your ticket! and your complaining, is there a reason why you have never posted before? i have flown from Australia for these concerts and i will not be pissed at Lindsey if i dont meet him or if his WIFE wants to go home and put her 2 children under the age of 11 to bed at a time that she feels suitable. On the ticket stub it states Lindsey Buckingham "Gift of Screws tour" not Lindsey Buckingham "Gift of Screws Tour and Meet and greet With fans and the disabled outside afterwards" Grow up man
You are right. If you get to meet Lindsey, it's a bonus. I got lucky and things just lined up perfectly when I met him. He was very gracious.

Lindsey's got a family now, so you can't expect him to be hanging around too much.

I do think that if you approached Lindsey and had something for him to sign he would sign it. He signed a photo from the stage for me in jacksonville in 2004 because I asked him. Very cool about it.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe I am in the minority, but when the show is over and done, a performer has put in his time. Everything else is completely optional and a perk to any fan's experience, not something they should expect. If Lindsey had to do press, soundcheck/rehearse, warm-up, then put on a full set, he had been working for quite a few hours at that point and probably just wanted to go home. Especially if it was his hometown show, maybe he was meeting up with some of his relatives afterwards and didn't want to keep THEM waiting. Yes, it's nice to generally be polite to people, especially the ones who support you and buy your albums, but once you do for one, it's hard not to do for all and it's very possible he was trying to avoid the situation as a whole. I can't fault the man, or any performer, for that.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:07 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:

nice work mate, couple of years back i flew to the states to see the black crowes on new years eve in new york...fantastic!!! i wish i had the bucks to travel over for lindsey!!!

oh and yeah $5 bucks for a ticket and ya complaining??? ha!! he isn't touring down under and if he did the tix would most likely be well over $100
Old 09-17-2008, 09:10 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacejunky View Post
nice work mate, couple of years back i flew to the states to see the black crowes on new years eve in new york...fantastic!!! i wish i had the bucks to travel over for lindsey!!!

oh and yeah $5 bucks for a ticket and ya complaining??? ha!! he isn't touring down under and if he did the tix would most likely be well over $100
Yeah at least here in the States you can somewhat easily go see him. It's a shame he doesnt go "down under" more often for you Aussies. When I was in NZ, I met a lot of people in record/music shops who knew who Buckingham was (and like him!).
Old 09-17-2008, 09:16 PM
Senior Ledgie

Reading this, it all seems kind of ironic considering how the lyrics in a lot of Lindsey's solo stuff are about how he thinks no one cares about him or his music. It'd seem that someone who feels that way would be incredibly gracious to the "few" people who do care.

As for Kristen, she is his wife but she really needs to keep her mouth shut if what has been said about her is true. As some of you have mentioned, Lindsey does owe his fans to a certain extent given that without us, he wouldn't be able to do what he does. Also, this is his job, and how many people go to work with their spouse? I'm sure he has a lot more free time to spend at home with his family than a father with a normal job. Let him have his what, 30-40 nights out of the year to go out and bring home the bacon and let the people who are dishing out their hard earned money know that he really appreciates them.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:26 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdfwiner View Post
As for Kristen, she is his wife but she really needs to keep her mouth shut if what has been said about her is true. As some of you have mentioned, Lindsey does owe his fans to a certain extent given that without us, he wouldn't be able to do what he does. Also, this is his job, and how many people go to work with their spouse? I'm sure he has a lot more free time to spend at home with his family than a father with a normal job. Let him have his what, 30-40 nights out of the year to go out and bring home the bacon and let the people who are dishing out their hard earned money know that he really appreciates them.
He gives what he "owes" during the show.

And it's easier said than done, but I would like to think I'd tell my wife not to be rude to fans...even the "nuttier" ones.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:58 PM
Junior Ledgie

I am just laughing my head off at these posts, especially the whiney ones...
Quote:
You all need to pull your heads in!
Bravo! I love that term...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltreyPFD View Post
I would say there were no more than 15 people including 2 in wheel chairs... I bring that up for what follows.

Remember Mrs. Buckingham... the mansion you are driving home to tonight was built with the hard earned $$$ that the fans have forked over for 30 years.
How far do you think your $5 is supposed to go for their mansion? I wonder how you know who paid for that house, maybe you noticed that she co-wrote songs with him, a photographer not exactly a gold digger! He looks happier than he has in his whole career-

Quote:
you Paid $5 freaking dollars for your ticket! and your complaining, On the ticket stub it states Lindsey Buckingham "Gift of Screws tour" not Lindsey Buckingham "Gift of Screws Tour and Meet and greet With fans and the disabled outside afterwards":
I do have to wonder the point of the wheelchair comment? If I rent a wheelchair do I get a personal meet? How about a walker? Fake leg? I am bipolar so maybe that would qualify? That's funny-

To me its all about the music, Lindseys' first language, my take is he is a shy, personal, artistic person and to expect anything more than the INCREDIBLE music he creates and shares is just petty and selfish. He gives a "Gift" and people want more...I watched him POUR himself into that performance and he just wants to chill out, man deserves it! I had a FABULOUS time at the Portland concert- patted his boot leg, just thanking him for years of music- got his pick at the end as well, I don't need his autograph (or even the pick for that matter) to impress others, what else are those material things for? Why not appreciate what life gives you, not what you don't think it does...Peace- you have everything you need...