User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-06-2020, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
If you can explain the practical difference, I’d love to know. Either way, it’s a 100% live show that people pay to stream and is shown at a specific time. Would it have been different in any meaningful way to most people? Would it have changed anyone’s perception of Lindsey as an artist?
do you even know what "live" means?

show is either live or pre-recorded. (and you could get both with Lindsey yesterday.) when it's live it is raw and you get glitches and warts. you get the reaction in the moment. you know, stuff that people usually complain about with LB - that he's a perfectionist and control freak. apparently not anymore - not nearly as much as some others.

Quote:
I mean, what better opportunity to debut a new song off his forthcoming album? He has six solo albums, seven Fleetwood Mac albums, and songs from soundtracks, surely there’s a deeper cut than “Stephanie”.
haha changing topics i see. you know that i've been complaining about this on social media all day. but that' a different topic that belongs in LB forum where we're been discussing it.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-06-2020, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
do you even know what "live" means?

show is either live or pre-recorded. (and you could get both with Lindsey yesterday.) when it's live it is raw and you get glitches and warts. you get the reaction in the moment. you know, stuff that people usually complain about with LB - that he's a perfectionist and control freak. apparently not anymore - not nearly as much as some others.
Again, though, the difference between a show recorded live in the living room and streamed a few hours later and something streamed live in the moment isn’t that big of a difference, one most people wouldn’t notice or care about. It was good for hype, but that’s about it.

Quote:
haha changing topics i see.
You’re the one who went to “So you are saying instead of recording and touring new album LB...” which was completely irrelevant to anything in conversation.

Quote:
you know that i've been complaining about this on social media all day. but that' a different topic that belongs in LB forum where we're been discussing it.
I don’t follow you on social media, however, it’s funny that you defend him not having “recorded a BuckVie tour and Anthology tour, both with tons of rarities and new songs, screen them in theaters and put them on tv, then process to sell online” because that would have been a “regurgitation or stuff already done few years ago“ when he’s done all of these songs on his tours from 2011-18.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-06-2020, 09:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don’t follow you on social media, however, it’s funny that you defend him not having “recorded a BuckVie tour and Anthology tour, both with tons of rarities and new songs, screen them in theaters and put them on tv, then process to sell online” because that would have been a “regurgitation or stuff already done few years ago“ .
i don't defend that -i just drew a parallel to your talking about another FM member recording and releasing their old show from 3 years ago which you brought up and defended as somehow superior thing to an actual live show or new music.

sure i would have loved to have proper live recordings of BuckVie and solo anthology shows. they were amazing, with tons of new and previously never performed songs and you know that well. but i would never "defend" that as somehow forward and creative and great thing to do. and they should be actually live, not overdubbed.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-06-2020, 09:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i don't defend that -i just drew a parallel to your talking about another FM member recording and releasing their old show from 3 years ago which you brought up and defended as somehow superior thing to an actual live show or new music.
I wasn’t defending anything, just slapping back a little. Stevie has a well planned and executed solo career and Lindsey doesn’t, and this probably best exemplifies that. What better way to show where they’re at in their respective careers? Both did Buckingham Nicks and Fleetwood Mac songs, but were a world apart.

Quote:
and they should be actually live, not overdubbed.
I agree, although with all the prerecords, does it especially matter?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-07-2020, 10:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I wasn’t defending anything, just slapping back a little. Stevie has a well planned and executed solo career and Lindsey doesn’t
Oh definitely, Lindsey doesn’t have a business bone in his body. He’s a musician first and foremost. Art and business don’t always or even often go together in the same person. Would someone with a business sense and goals do all the work on other peoples songs or co-produce some of the buggest albums ever and never ask for co- writing or co/ producing credit? Stevie changed a single word in someone else’s song and took full co-writing credit. He lost tons of money and credit by not having his name on co- writes he did or not being credited as co- producer on albums like Rumours.

They have different goals in life - she was clear from early on she wants to be a star. She achieved that and is now a self-centered star who has been carefully grooming her persona. He wanted to be a musician and he’s been very clear that he fully understands how lucky he was to be able to make such great living of doing what he loves.

Definitely very different people with different goals in life, who happen to be in a toxic personal relationship and messed up business relationship over the years.