User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-27-2014, 12:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMlex View Post
Hopefully it's something similar to the VIP Experience last go round! It was pretty great - a lot of pressure off since you're guaranteed front row. Well worth the money, IMO.
I would assume we will get more details on that soon, and it should be up and running on Mick's website on Monday when all the other presales happen.
For the shows I went to, you weren't guaranteed first row, but at least you were guaranteed a specific seat and you got to find out what it was before you made the purchase. With Livenation the tour before that, they wouldn't tell you what seat you got until you were at the show.

Michele
Old 03-27-2014, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
Well this is great I suppose if you're keen on seeing The Dance again (personally, I have the DVD).
After 17 years, I am keen on seeing The Dance again and the DVD doesn't compare to the live experience, in my book. Didn't then and doesn't today.

But I was disappointed we didn't hear about an album. I'm worried now. I think there will be new music, but now I'm concerned it may just be another EP and that is a little crushing.

Michele
Old 03-27-2014, 01:03 PM
Senior Ledgie

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Heres the link as promised for a backup or keepers if YT dumps or blocks the video.

http://www.adrive.com/public/fwK5WK/...2003272014.avi

140 MB
Dam NBC Today Banner is blocking a good portion of the interview, nevertheless here is the you tube URL:

http://www.youtube.com/watchv=C14ktq...layer_embedded

If the link fails to work search you tube with "FM on TV 03272014" BTW, Mick interrupts Steve constant talking, and speaks into the microphone about the real story on the piano
Old 03-27-2014, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love, love, love this interview. It's so nice to see them all together and getting along. My only complaint is that it's way too short.

I think it's so sweet that Stevie kept all of Christine's pianos and amps for her at her house just waiting for the day that Christine would come back home to the band. I know it took longer than anyone thought it would to happen, but now Stevie can give Christine back all of her stuff, so Stevie can finally move freely around her house again.

Not trying to start anything but I do have one question. In the write up of the interview (it was cut from the video) it says this:

Their massive success took its toll on their romantic relationships. Nicks and Buckingham said one song in particular, "Landslide," takes them back in time. "That was written at a time when there had been a breach in trust, probably from both sides," Buckingham said. "And, you know, we were still together. But it was one of the first things that kind of heralded the beginning of the end of our relationship."

I've seen Stevie recently come out in an interview and admit that she wasn't' faithful to Lindsey when they were living together, but I've never seen Lindsey (or anyone else) say Lindsey was ever unfaithful to Stevie while they were still together.

So does anyone know what" breach of trust on both sides" Lindsey's talking about or do you think that maybe this is Lindsey's way of saying that when he and Stevie were living together he wasn't completely faithful too her either?
Old 03-27-2014, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
After 17 years, I am keen on seeing The Dance again and the DVD doesn't compare to the live experience, in my book. Didn't then and doesn't today.

But I was disappointed we didn't hear about an album. I'm worried now. I think there will be new music, but now I'm concerned it may just be another EP and that is a little crushing.

Michele
I am ok with a Dance revisit, too. The band cancelled their Raleigh, NC show which I had tickets for back in '97. Since I was 15 at the time, I couldn't convince my parents to drive further to see the band. So I've never seen the full Rumours lineup. I'm generally averse to these greatest hits cashgrabs, but this may be my only chance to see Christine. So I'm going to go see them this time around.
Old 03-27-2014, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeshere View Post
Not trying to start anything but I do have one question. In the write up of the interview (it was cut from the video) it says this:

Their massive success took its toll on their romantic relationships. Nicks and Buckingham said one song in particular, "Landslide," takes them back in time. "That was written at a time when there had been a breach in trust, probably from both sides," Buckingham said. "And, you know, we were still together. But it was one of the first things that kind of heralded the beginning of the end of our relationship."

I've seen Stevie recently come out in an interview and admit that she wasn't' faithful to Lindsey when they were living together, but I've never seen Lindsey (or anyone else) say Lindsey was ever unfaithful to Stevie while they were still together.

So does anyone know what" breach of trust on both sides" Lindsey's talking about or do you think that maybe this is Lindsey's way of saying that when he and Stevie were living together he wasn't completely faithful too her either?
That raised my eyebrow as well. Perhaps he was referencing the fact that Stevie admitted she cheated on Lindsey because Lindsey himself never trusted Stevie- and in turn, that was what drove her to be unfaithful. He also could have retaliated in turn. Or he could have been transferring his distrust of Stevie from himself- meaning, he was the one cheating to begin with. Who knows... they were both so young, and it was the swinging '70s.

Last edited by louielouie2000; 03-27-2014 at 03:30 PM.. Reason: I can't spell worth a damn
Old 03-27-2014, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well this is great I suppose if you're keen on seeing The Dance again (personally, I have the DVD). Not trying to spoil anyone's excitement - just expressing my own disappointment that they have nothing to say about an album.
I don't necessarily disagree about wanting a new album, but, I think it's totally worth it to spend $65 to see a band that hasn't been around in full for 16 years.

Quote:
Concerts are fun, but they are a one-time event. Albums last forever. Albums can be played for your kids. Albums allow you pass the love of a band on to the next generation. To me, no album release might as well be a statement that says 'we have nothing worth offering but that which has come before' and that's, well, that's sad.
Completely disagree. Concerts can be life-changing experiences. I know from personal experience. Even if there is video from years past, it doesn't change being in the present. Anyway, we know they're recording. There will be new material, eventually. It wouldn't surprise me if they played some new songs on tour.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-27-2014, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
That raised my eyebrow as well. Perhaps he was referencing the fact that Stevie admitted she cheated on Lindsey because Lindsey himself never trusted Stevie- and in turn, that was what drove her to be unfaithful. He also could have retaliated in turn. Or he could have been transferring his distrust of Stevie from himself- meaning, he was the one cheating to begin with. Who knows... they were both so you, and it was the swinging '70s.
I also think 'trust' can be many things besides just fidelity. In recent times Lindsey has said more than once that Stevie is "learning to trust me again" as a friend etc. You need to trust that the one you love is there for you, in your corner, and that you can count on them to rally you when you are down, to encourage you and support you in your work etc. And clearly, at least from what Stevie has said, Lindsey could be rather harsh and cutting in his criticisms of her work and other things…. so who knows what the breach might have been. He admits to holding onto her too tightly and being too controlling and certainly that seems related to fidelity but who knows what else. His controlling behavior as you say was a factor in her wanting to get out of the relationship but maybe part of that was just needing room to breathe. "you may take my hand/you who demand so much"
Old 03-27-2014, 03:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

Michele
I saw The Dance live, and the point I was making was that this is just a repeat, only they're all older and less energetic and have far less to prove to the world than they did back in '97.

I am happy for everyone who's happy, but I decided on the SYW tour that I wouldnt' see them again until they toured behind a new album.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 03-27-2014, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I am ok with a Dance revisit, too. The band cancelled their Raleigh, NC show which I had tickets for back in '97. Since I was 15 at the time, I couldn't convince my parents to drive further to see the band. So I've never seen the full Rumours lineup. I'm generally averse to these greatest hits cashgrabs, but this may be my only chance to see Christine. So I'm going to go see them this time around.
Best of luck! I hope you get great seats. They do all sound amazing together.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 03-27-2014, 03:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Completely disagree. Concerts can be life-changing experiences. I know from personal experience.
Yes, they can, but they are still one-time events. You can only relive it in your head, an album can be experienced over and over. Albums can also be life changing events. Look at everyone who is on this forum because of albums.

Different strokes.
Old 03-27-2014, 04:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
they're all older and less energetic and have far less to prove to the world than they did back in '97.

Oh, I think Christine has something to prove, as does the band WITH Christine again. And I don't think Lindsey is less energetic.

I do want an album, though. Michele
Old 03-27-2014, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Wow THE MAC IS BACK Complete 5 members.

Heres this mornings interview.Get it before it gets pulled or blocked.

Thanks wayner for the heads up on this mornings appearance.

I will post a downloadable link later to back up the YT link.

Skip.

Thanks so much for posting! It was the first chance I had to see the interview. It actually made me weepy, in a good way. To see these people back together again in such harmony and peace with each other is extremely gratifying. They all look really well and seem like they are in great spirits. It does feel more complete now, with a few more good chapters for this band to write. I am so excited and can't wait to see, and hear what's to come!
Old 03-27-2014, 05:52 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMlex View Post
Hopefully it's something similar to the VIP Experience last go round! It was pretty great - a lot of pressure off since you're guaranteed front row. Well worth the money, IMO.
I would assume we will get more details on that soon, and it should be up and running on Mick's website on Monday when all the other presales happen.

EDIT: The one I'm talking about is through Mick Fleetwood's official fan club. I don't know about the Ticketmaster VIP Package.
How much was Mick's VIP package last time around?
Old 03-27-2014, 06:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyL17 View Post
How much was Mick's VIP package last time around?
$425 for a seat in the first 5 rows.