The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-28-2014, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

An EP at this point is just plain lazy. If they can't get motivated to do a full album now, they should just hang it up. Unless it's all about the tour cash....hmmm.
Old 01-28-2014, 03:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
An EP at this point is just plain lazy. If they can't get motivated to do a full album now, they should just hang it up. Unless it's all about the tour cash....hmmm.
Agree totally. I really have little interest in another EP.
Old 01-28-2014, 03:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I like Ricky, not so much as a song, but as good fun. A delight.

I think they were contemplating another EP (if that's all they could get), before they knew Christine was returning. Now, that she's there, I don't think an EP is going to cut it. I mean, I know they only did a few songs for The Dance, but this time it just seems like they already have an album worth of songs and, not that we want them with WB, but they want to be with a record company.

Now, it will be easy to get studio backing for the "reunion", so their perspective has changed. I just don't think an EP will cut it any longer.

Michele
Yeah, Christine hasn't recorded a studio album with the Mac in 20 years. It's been 10 years since her last solo album. She's spoken several times in the past year about all the new material she has, and how proud she is of it. We know Lindsey still has a stack of ready material, too. Stevie's the wildcard here, but it seems like Chris & Lindsey are more than ready to do a full album. And I doubt Stevie would pass on this chance to reunite with her best musical friend. Not to mention I still have the feeling her displeasure with Say You Will will prompt her to make one last Mac album, too.

Oh, and I adore Ricky too. For the same reasons... it's just fun. I can't listen to that song without it making me smile.
Old 01-28-2014, 04:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
An EP at this point is just plain lazy.
Band politics is the only reason we only got an EP.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-28-2014, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sometimes I think that any one of us Ledgies would make better producers. We know all the things us fans actually want to hear!

"Stevie! STFU and stop your complaining. Fix these lyrics, I don't care about Bob Dylan! this song is at 95% and i want it at 100%"

"Stevie, that vocal SUCKED. It needs more high notes. It wont kill you to sing in falsetto. I dont care if you dont sing it that way live or not, I just want a great vocal that is interesting!"

"Lindsey, that guitar amp is perfectly fine sounding as it is, stop messing with it!"

"Lindsey, there is nothing wrong with a fine acoustic guitar or banjo with no effects!"

"Christine, no songs about Daddies! Please! We don't want to know about what a 70 year old woman thinks of as a Daddy!"

"Stevie, you will report for work EVERY day and add input to every song on this album. Either harmony, tambourine, maracas, or belching in the background. I don't want to hear any betching about anything that you didnt like unless you had direct feedback on it!"

"Lindsey and Stevie, I don't care if it kills you, SING pretty harmonies on this Chris song!"

"Stevie, get over yourself and write some lyrics over this Lindsey instrumental If you can do it for other people you can do it for Lindsey"

"Lindsey, get over yourself and stop making guitar lines that are heavy on the Bass note. that is why we have a bass player!"

'Lindsey, bring your A game to this Stevie arrangement. I don't care what she says"

"Mick, stop spending money on crap you don't need!"

"Mick, no more wine!"

"Chris, Stevie and Lindsey... you are NOT leaving this room until you write a song together!"

"Stevie, no cigarettes. EVER"

"All five of you are staying in this room without food or water until you JAM around these demos and random lyrics you bring and make a song out of it. We will repeat this exercise every day till we have one slow song, one mid temp song, one dark song, one peppy upbeat song and one bluesy song"

"We will record songs until we have enough for a album. Then we will polish those songs until every single one is radio ready. Then we will play them LIVE and then do overdubs."

"Ken Caillat WILL be the sound engineer and mixer of this album. No discussion"

"Whatever songs do not make it on the album will go on another followup album NEXT year, during which time we will continue to polish them"

"

Last edited by AnthonyMI; 01-28-2014 at 04:46 PM..
Old 01-28-2014, 05:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMI View Post
"Christine, no songs about Daddies! Please! We don't want to know about what a 70 year old woman thinks of as a Daddy!"
"
This was the funniest.

Michele
Old 01-28-2014, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Sometimes I think that any one of us Ledgies would make better producers. We know all the things us fans actually want to hear!

"Stevie! STFU and stop your complaining. Fix these lyrics, I don't care about Bob Dylan! this song is at 95% and i want it at 100%"

"Stevie, that vocal SUCKED. It needs more high notes. It wont kill you to sing in falsetto. I dont care if you dont sing it that way live or not, I just want a great vocal that is interesting!"

"Lindsey, that guitar amp is perfectly fine sounding as it is, stop messing with it!"

"Lindsey, there is nothing wrong with a fine acoustic guitar or banjo with no effects!"

"Stevie, you will report for work EVERY day and add input to every song on this album. Either harmony, tambourine, maracas, or belching in the background. I don't want to hear any betching about anything that you didnt like unless you had direct feedback on it!"

"Lindsey and Stevie, I don't care if it kills you, SING pretty harmonies on this Chris song!"

"Stevie, get over yourself and write some lyrics over this Lindsey instrumental If you can do it for other people you can do it for Lindsey"

"Lindsey, get over yourself and stop making guitar lines that are heavy on the Bass note. that is why we have a bass player!"

'Lindsey, bring your A game to this Stevie arrangement. I don't care what she says"

"Mick, stop spending money on crap you don't need!"

"Mick, no more wine!"

"Chris, Stevie and Lindsey... you are NOT leaving this room until you write a song together!"

"Stevie, no cigarettes. EVER"

"All five of you are staying in this room without food or water until you JAM around these demos and random lyrics you bring and make a song out of it. We will repeat this exercise every day till we have one slow song, one mid temp song, one dark song, one peppy upbeat song and one bluesy song"

"We will record songs until we have enough for a album. Then we will polish those songs until every single one is radio ready. Then we will play them LIVE and then do overdubs."

"Ken Caillat WILL be the sound engineer and mixer of this album. No discussion"

"Whatever songs do not make it on the album will go on another followup album NEXT year, during which time we will continue to polish them"

"
OMG.. this is so good...

And no tapping the mic as percussion. Let the really Mick do the percussion!!
Old 01-28-2014, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
This was the funniest.

Michele
My ex boyfriend hated when she said, "daddy". Gave him the creeps. lol
Old 01-28-2014, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Band politics is the only reason we only got an EP.
Agreed. When Lindsey says band politics he means Stevie. (most of the time) the rest he means Mick.
Old 01-28-2014, 05:48 PM

I hope they record somewhere like Hawaii, France or England. The magic they could all make in a month away from Los Angeles.
Old 01-28-2014, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Yeah, Christine hasn't recorded a studio album with the Mac in 20 years. It's been 10 years since her last solo album. She's spoken several times in the past year about all the new material she has, and how proud she is of it. We know Lindsey still has a stack of ready material, too. Stevie's the wildcard here, but it seems like Chris & Lindsey are more than ready to do a full album. And I doubt Stevie would pass on this chance to reunite with her best musical friend. Not to mention I still have the feeling her displeasure with Say You Will will prompt her to make one last Mac album, too.

Oh, and I adore Ricky too. For the same reasons... it's just fun. I can't listen to that song without it making me smile.
You just reminded me how Christine and Lindsey will not wait, nor do they care about Stevie's attendance to a certain extent. There's a lot to be done and they just go at it.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

This makes me think of Stevie's "I wanna be with you" from live versions of Everywhere.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 01-28-2014, 07:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
This makes me think of Stevie's "I wanna be with you" from live versions of Everywhere.
Or, "Love In Store" from the "Mirage" video.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-28-2014, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post

Good points across the board! Plus, spoken or unspoken, I still think it bugs everyone that the last Eagles album did 4 million, while SYW didn't even break a million! This band wants to go out on top!

As for "Ricky"......fun.....and different! Unlike anything we had heard from Christine before! THAT'S what I loved about it! (And still love!)
Old 01-28-2014, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
You just reminded me how Christine and Lindsey will not wait, nor do they care about Stevie's attendance to a certain extent. There's a lot to be done and they just go at it.
I for one am hoping her competitiveness will kick in and Stevie will feel compelled to come in with new material for this endeavor, like she did at the last minute on SYW when she asked for that extra month and went to Phoenix and came back with 4 new songs.