User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-07-2006, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by face of glass View Post
Just for you Gerald, but don't ask any more from that show; otherwise some hardcore lossless traders might want to hang me.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.ph...A674424C41DA95
When you said falsetto I assumed you meant during the verses and chorus or something. I was listening going "this doesn't sound that much like falsetto" then BAM! Out of nowhere he just starts it! I'm quite glad it didn't make it onto the album cut, but it's nice to hear he tried variations Thanks for posting it!
Old 09-07-2006, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I personally am in love with what I have heard so far
Lindsey is always the bomb in my book. Shut Us Down was not a favorite of mine but these tunes are so cool!
Can't wait to see which tunes he chooses to do live....Hope we hear Show You How and Down On Rodeo.
Just so thrilled here

"Live, Eat and Breathe Music...."

Unleashed 2009
Old 09-07-2006, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I apologize if this has already been discussed but in this USA TODAY article it says (see highlite): What does this mean? With FM? Again I apologize for my ignorance

Music
'No drums, very little bass' on Buckingham's new CD

Fleetwood Mac's Lindsey Buckingham is about to unveil his first solo CD since 1992's Out of the Cradle. He describes the stripped-down arrangements on Under the Skin, due Oct. 3, as "kind of a reduction. There are basically no drums, very little bass. On a musical level, I've been trying to distill things."

Skin also reflects a sense of contentment, he says, that owes much to his wife, Kristen, and their three children. "This is the best time in my life, and that's a great thing to be able to say when you're 56, and didn't become a father till you were 48."

He plans a "more rocking" companion CD in 2007, after a U.S. tour. "It's a turnaround, time-frame-wise, for someone who's been sort of the Terrence Malick of rock," referring to the reclusive director.

Old 09-07-2006, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie View Post
i'm going to be honest -- if the rest of the album has this much reverb/echo, i'm not going to be a happy camper. i was anticipating a sound a la gos only perhaps with a new level of maturity and solid guitar playing. and it's just -- not.

i'm not in love.

that makes me sad.

*tear*
looks like we're the only sourpusses... the one thing i have to say for it is that at least his voice isn't doing that high-pitched cracking thing a la 'shut us down.'
Old 09-07-2006, 04:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

well, I was hoping for the SUD no-nonsense man with guitar and direct vocals- approach but this **** is another turn he makes. AGAIN. And layering and vocalmanupilation all over. Again. Yet still stripped down. The guy just never stops amazing me.

Come on Sharon what do you think about these tracks??
In a week when I attended a spectacular Pearljam-gig and a great Green On Red-concert, this is quite a cultureshock. I love that.

Old 09-07-2006, 04:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by face of glass View Post
Just for you Gerald, but don't ask any more from that show; otherwise some hardcore lossless traders might want to hang me.
Thanks, dude, I really, really appreciate it.

BTW: I've heard quite some garage/punk/lofi-GYOW-covers. But This one punks the hell out of all of those.

And I LOVE the falsetto. serious.

Old 09-07-2006, 04:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, I listened to the new songs... (I can already hear Gerald tensing up )...

...I'm far from a "tear 'em apart" mode at this point...JEEZUS, it is still nearly a month away from being released!

I like what I've heard so far...I'm looking forward to hearing the rest. Maybe "Shut Us Down" might even grow on me after I listen to it over & over. "Down On Rodeo" has been a fave of mine since I first got the GOS tunes...SGCYM took a bit to get into...but now after almost a decade of hearing it, I like it. "Show Us How", I liked right away. "Cast Away Dreams" will have to grow on me...but after hearing it three or four times already today, I'm starting to get into it. "It Was You"...another Lindsey attempt at being Brian Wilson during the SMiLe sessions...which I like. I always like it when Lindsey tries to be Brian.
Old 09-07-2006, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Of the new songs I think my favourite is It Was You, which Gaius is completely and utterly wrong to compare to the OOTC sheen.
Wrong, I say, wrong.
Cast Away is sweet and almost lullaby-like. Not so mad on Show You How, but it's growing on me. What I do love about it though is how minimal it sounds! There's hardly anything going on in that song, and what there is, is pretty subtle, which is cool. Maybe Lindsey has finally learnt that less sometimes can be more.
DOR and SGCYM sound pretty much the same as they always have.
Still making up my mind about the new tracks overall though...

Last edited by trackaghost; 09-07-2006 at 07:32 PM..
Old 09-07-2006, 05:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
.... It Was You, which Gaius is completely and utterly wrong to compare to the OOTC sheen. Wrong, I say, wrong.
yes, i agree on that. It's more like Lindsey's answer to "more cowbell".

Old 09-07-2006, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Cast Away Dreams is my definite favourite of the new bunch ...

Look for me in the morning light
Dancing on the cast away dreams

It Was You is up there with It Was I for me.
Old 09-07-2006, 05:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

OK, I've listened to them all and I think they are all great. I liked them all on first listen, now I really love them!

I've got to say though... Down On Rodeo is one of Lindsey's absolute finest moments in his entire career IMO. I don't see any tracks on the album topping that track, but you never know, in 6 months after the album has been released some of them could really have grown a lot on me so that I like them more.
I know John played on DOR, but who actually wrote the bassline? Does Lindsey give John the music and he plays it, or does John do it himself? Who ever wrote it did a FANTASTIC job. It's perfect for the song.
Old 09-07-2006, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
I like what I've heard so far...I'm looking forward to hearing the rest. Maybe "Shut Us Down" might even grow on me after I listen to it over & over. "Down On Rodeo" has been a fave of mine since I first got the GOS tunes...SGCYM took a bit to get into...but now after almost a decade of hearing it, I like it. "Show Us How", I liked right away. "Cast Away Dreams" will have to grow on me...but after hearing it three or four times already today, I'm starting to get into it. "It Was You"...another Lindsey attempt at being Brian Wilson during the SMiLe sessions...which I like. I always like it when Lindsey tries to be Brian.
Shut Us Down to me sounds alot better when listened in the context of the rest of these tracks. I wasn't too keen on it at the start.

Show Us How, I too liked right away... Sounds like he's playing his leather ottoman with the spoons thrown in in the background.

Cast Away Dreams - sounds beautiful with the stumming... Probably my fave of the 3 "newer" tracks so far.

It Was You will take me abit. I like it... Does it sound like it has a raggea feel to it or is it something else I'm hearing?
Old 09-07-2006, 07:46 PM
Ledgie

I don't like It Was You. It has a sort of reggae vibe, and sounds very much like some of the not-so-good tracks from L&O. DOR and SGCYM sound slightly changed from what I've downloaded in the past, although as others have commented, the lossless versions are probably quite different.

Cast Away Dreams just started playing in my iTunes. Oh God this is soo good.
Old 09-07-2006, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm looking for it, but cant seem to find where to click to listen to them.
Old 09-07-2006, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
I'm looking for it, but cant seem to find where to click to listen to them.
Are you looking on Lindsey's website? It should be at the very top of the screen if that's where you are!