Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-22-2018, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
But that's the frustrating thing; If they really had been accommodating for more than 40 years it wouldn't have done any harm to be accommodating for a further 2 years.
All the recent evidence suggests Lindsey has been the accommodating one.
Sometimes there's a breaking point. When you're 70 two years may be too long. Hell, two hours may be too long. I'm beginning to think that was the case at Music Cares.
Old 10-22-2018, 12:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
You’re basically accusing Lindsay of sexual assault by starting this thread so not right. I’m sure he made gold dusts day.
Why can't we have a discussion about this? JimSATX didn't accuse Lindsey of sexaul assault. Ignoring an issue doesn't make it go away. Part of the problem is that this is an issue that was swept under the carpet for so long.
Old 10-22-2018, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
Well, to address the highlighted question above, in this 2013 interview in which the New Zealand "kicking" incident is discussed, Stevie said, "And I’d never had anyone be physical with me in my life." I take that to mean that was the first "physical" incident she had experienced, per Stevie herself.

Also, just a note about this thread in general: I know this board is built for nothing but idle speculation, but given the gravity of a topic like the #MeToo movement, I'd be remiss if I didn't encourage folks to use their best judgment when posting about this. Sexual assault and harassment are immensely serious topics, and I worry that tossing out speculation like this runs the risk of diminishing the stories of the women (and men) who have come forward. Just my 2 cents.
Still it's relevant and timely.
Old 10-22-2018, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
Probably yes. Most of the Lindsey loving Stevie haters on this forum haven't read Carol Ann Harris' book "Storms which you cited in your post. If they read the book, they might have a better understanding of why a band decides enough is enough and it's best to move on and bring in new band members in order to create a peaceful, happy work environment.
Ken Caillat's book is quite illuminating on this as well.
Old 10-22-2018, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Why can't we have a discussion about this? JimSATX didn't accuse Lindsey of sexaul assault. Ignoring an issue doesn't make it go away. Part of the problem is that this is an issue that was swept under the carpet for so long.
You are LINKING Lindsey with SEXUAL ASSAULT. THAT is the me too movement. He has NEVER been accused of that. Even though you want it to be true, that doesn't make it right. Your obsession with Stevie is making you want this to be true.
Old 10-22-2018, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
Those familiar with the issues raised by the Me Too movement understand that issues from years ago may have been ignored or repressed for decades and can hold a very different meaning when they come to light today. Those who know survivors or who are themselves survivors may see things differently than you do. And have you read the Carol Ann Harris book? If you haven't, I would suggest to read it.
Thank you. Also Carol has said she is writing a follow up. She showed up on Facebook after a long absence due to some health issues. I asked if she was writing the book still but didn't get response.
Old 10-22-2018, 12:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
a) most of us aren't Lindsey lovers per se
b) most of us aren't Stevie haters per se
Can we just let go of the whole I used to be a Stevie fan pretense? No one's really buying it.
Old 10-22-2018, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saniette View Post
So your claim is that the band fired Lindsey because he allegedly abused Carol Ann Harris almost 40 years ago? .
There's a career for you in reading tea leaves, crystal balls and magic eight balls. Where in the world did he say that? He didn't. Stop twisting and putting words in people's mouths so to speak. We can see what he said. It's right there in black and white.
Old 10-22-2018, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You're a real piece of work.
Old 10-22-2018, 12:40 PM
saniette
This message has been deleted by saniette.
Old 10-22-2018, 12:41 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Still it's relevant and timely.
I think what the other side is saying is that it's not relevant because #MeToo is about sexual assault, and there's never been any whispers of that kind of behavior involving any members of the band to date. So while #MeToo might be relevant and timely, it's not with regards to Fleetwood Mac.
Old 10-22-2018, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
I think what the other side is saying is that it's not relevant because #MeToo is about sexual assault, and there's never been any whispers of that kind of behavior involving any members of the band to date. So while #MeToo might be relevant and timely, it's not with regards to Fleetwood Mac.
How do we know that?
Old 10-22-2018, 12:49 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
There's a career for you in reading tea leaves, crystal balls and magic eight balls. Where in the world did he say that? He didn't. Stop twisting and putting words in people's mouths so to speak. We can see what he said. It's right there in black and white.
Um, see the question mark at the end? It's not a statement. I'm trying to figure what the connection is between Carol Ann Harris's book and Lindsey's firing. Seems dubious, but feel free to elaborate on that.

And you may have the same calling yourself, considering all the leaps you make.
Old 10-22-2018, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Can we just let go of the whole I used to be a Stevie fan pretense? No one's really buying it.
I don't understand

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 10-22-2018, 12:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
You are LINKING Lindsey with SEXUAL ASSAULT. THAT is the me too movement. He has NEVER been accused of that.
I never linked Lindsey with sexual assault. You did.
Quote:
Even though you want it to be true, that doesn't make it right. Your obsession with Stevie is making you want this to be true.
Are you f@cking kidding me right now? That is the very definition of disgusting. Why in God's name would I or anyone for that matter want someone to be a rapist? Do you realize what you're saying? You didn't think before you posted that did you? Why are YOU so opposed to this discussion? Does it make YOU uncomfortable?
Old 10-22-2018, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saniette View Post
Um, see the question mark at the end? It's not a statement. I'm trying to figure what the connection is between Carol Ann Harris's book and Lindsey's firing. Seems dubious, but feel free to elaborate on that.

And you may have the same calling yourself, considering all the leaps you make.
Tarot cards. I love them but mostly for the cool artwork.