The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-12-2018, 08:52 AM
Senior Ledgie

All these people claiming to have the inside scoop about Stevie’s miserable life with no family conveniently leave out that she had a close loving relationship with her parents that most could only dream of having. I’m sure it brought her great joy. Who knows what her life is like - probably like most people is a mix of joy, regret, happiness, sadness, and a lot in between. Claiming that Stevie’s life has been about pining over a man and anger someone else married him is just more sexism that permeates this board.

Yes, Lindsey has a wife and kids but I’m sure his life is more complicated than that. He clearly has lived with anger much of his life, demonstrated by his often poor and childish behavior in the past. And that fueled writing some brilliant songs.

There is a line between being a hard core fan and an obsessive one that thinks they really “know” the star.
Old 10-12-2018, 08:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
All these people claiming to have the inside scoop about Stevie’s miserable life with no family conveniently leave out that she had a close loving relationship with her parents that most could only dream of having. I’m sure it brought her great joy. Who knows what her life is like - probably like most people is a mix of joy, regret, happiness, sadness, and a lot in between. Claiming that Stevie’s life has been about pining over a man and anger someone else married him is just more sexism that permeates this board.

Yes, Lindsey has a wife and kids but I’m sure his life is more complicated than that. He clearly has lived with anger much of his life, demonstrated by his often poor and childish behavior in the past. And that fueled writing some brilliant songs.

There is a line between being a hard core fan and an obsessive one that thinks they really “know” the star.
Agreed. "LIFE" whether it's personal lives or the overall LIFE experiences they've had have enabled both of them to write extraordinary music and have made indelible marks in music and this band (and as a result, other peoples lives) Any speculation, innuendo beyond that seems inappropriate
Old 10-12-2018, 09:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Claiming to know what Stevie’s life or happiness is or isn’t is as creepy as it is absurd.
She said performing is all she has. I can put the recent wuoitd up.
Old 10-12-2018, 09:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
She said performing is all she has. I can put the recent wuoitd up.
Exactly. She talks so much that it's more a question of what don't we know about Stevie Nicks.
Old 10-12-2018, 09:59 AM
NotonRodeo
This message has been deleted by NotonRodeo. Reason: Never mind, we all knew the band was lying anyway.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfee View Post
I’ve wondered if Stevie might say something like this, especially since the recent unauthorized biographer phrased it as abuse in the press however I think if Stevie had anything new to say on this matter she would. I don’t think her intention is to ruin Lindsey’s life... I think her intention is simply to keep him away from her.

Most surprising to me is that no one in the band will talk about what happened. The canned answers and lack of transparency imply that there’s some reason for kicking Lindsey out that we haven’t heard. I get Stevie’s logic - she doesn’t want to be near Lindsey, period - but the rest of them confuse me. Even Stevie has never had a problem bashing people in the press or “speaking her mind” in public. Why not just say she felt like Lindsey was disrespectful towards her? Why make it about the scheduling?
Maybe they haven’t commented because there actually ISN’T anything else?

They’ve already lied about why they fired him. That smacks of making things up to justify an action.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetwoodguy79 View Post
I am very, very worried about him.

I wouldn’t put it past Stevie to come up with an “abuse” defense as part of her narrative. In our current social climate, there are a lot of old stories that are coming out. Some that are legitimate and horrifying, others that borderline manipulation for the betterment of one’s position. Stevie has the latter. She can drag him through the mud and might have gotten to the point of recognizing this is the right social climate to let it all out if he fights her on it.
Me too (no pun intended). It takes so little to get the media up in arms; those who have made a career of being righteously indignant appearing on the talk shows and the cable "news" programs, demanding that his life be ruined; the Twitter crowd frothing at the mouth and screaming of boycotts; the labels, stores, venues, etc. rushing to separate themselves from any hint of association with an "abuser."

All she has to do is accuse him...

Surely even she wouldn't do that to the man who she was once "as good as married" to - plus such an accusation would make her look ridiculous after she's been hugging him for decades during shows.

Last edited by sodascouts; 10-12-2018 at 10:52 AM..
Old 10-12-2018, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
Maybe they haven’t commented because there actually ISN’T anything else?

They’ve already lied about why they fired him. That smacks of making things up to justify an action.
If you have to make something up to justify the action, what is the actual reason for the action though? I doubt it was over smirking, and Lindsey’s lawsuit disputes the claim that there was a scheduling conflict. Maybe his reaction to walking out to a recording was more of a blowout than he’d like to admit and that was the last straw? I just don’t get why they’d lie. Stevie and Mick are generally forthcoming with their opinions so I don’t see the point of lying. As a huge Stevie fan I’d be more likely to accept and respect this decision if there was actual reasoning behind it. If Stevie said he was disrespectful towards her I’d believe it and I’d be upset about it but it would make sense. But this back and forth does not make sense and none of it sits well with me.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
If you have to make something up to justify the action, what is the actual reason for the action though? I doubt it was over smirking, and Lindsey’s lawsuit disputes the claim that there was a scheduling conflict. Maybe his reaction to walking out to a recording was more of a blowout than he’d like to admit and that was the last straw? I just don’t get why they’d lie. Stevie and Mick are generally forthcoming with their opinions so I don’t see the point of lying. As a huge Stevie fan I’d be more likely to accept and respect this decision if there was actual reasoning behind it. If Stevie said he was disrespectful towards her I’d believe it and I’d be upset about it but it would make sense. But this back and forth does not make sense and none of it sits well with me.
If she were looking for any reason to fire him to bring in Mike Campbell.... that would not be something she would want to admit.

Just speculation, but it's one of the few reasons that I can imagine where they have to make up something because Lindsey didn't really do anything that horrible, yet Stevie is still keen to get rid of him and loath to say why.

I remember a while back, a TMZ reporter asked Mick if that were the case re: Campbell. A TMZ reporter also asked Mick if there had been an ultimatum. One of those turned out to be true. Maybe the other is as well.

Last edited by sodascouts; 10-12-2018 at 11:06 AM..
Old 10-12-2018, 10:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Tell me lies

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
All she has to do is accuse him...
I wouldn't worry about that.

Counsel: "Your honor, let the record show that the accuser's bark is worse than the defendant's bite."
Judge: (Having endured Stevie's rambling testimony) "Agreed! Case dismissed."
Old 10-12-2018, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
maybe because there is no one, single thing that is the sole reason. It seems like it's more an accumulation of fights, stresses, arguments, and tension over many years. Any of the things on the night of Musicares wouldn't seem likely to stand on their own as sufficient reason to fire him (though there still remains the possibility of something else going on backstage no one is aware of) . If you take her at face value in her public interviews she's basically said after 40 years I had enough. And that's fair enough, if she doesn't want to work with him anymore (and many of us have --correctly it seems-- interpreted her behavior as showing she has zero interest in recording with him ever again) that's fine. She didn't want to record, but she did tour. That was a workable compromise, though he made it clear it didn't make him happy.

So no one can be surprised really that she got to a point where she decided you know what, I don't even want to tour with him. But her method of handling it -- giving the band an ultimatum (and she knows Mick well enough to know how he'd choose)-- and most importantly the band's response-- ok well, you bring more money so we'll kick him out with a total disregard is utterly shameful. And then the refusing to even talk to him just reeks of them hiding behind their lawyers' advice of don't talk to him so you won't say or do anything that undoes our case.

I think they expected him to do what FM has always done, unite behind whatever bs cover story they've concocted for the press. His filing seems like him telling them he's not going to enable their dysfunction any more.
Old 10-12-2018, 11:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I would not put it past the woman to try and throw around abuse accusations, but she cannot have it both ways, after all her shenanigans clinging to him over the past decades for financial gain.

But if FM goes there, and comes with a counter complaint, we'll never need any memoirs written anymore, their lifetimes will be laid bare into the minutiae

Old 10-12-2018, 11:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

We all know she was looking for any reason to bring in Mike Campbell, hence making her a Heartbreaker. That has been her dream forever as silly and gross as it is. She got her wish now I hope it haunts her like a ghost through a fog forever.
Old 10-12-2018, 11:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey has been tweeting today -

Old 10-12-2018, 11:48 AM
Registered

I'm a bit nonplussed by some of the posts about John's cancer--I always assumed it was common knowledge that when they found out he was ill, S & M desperately searched for a replacement, so they could keep the advance from the tour promoters from Australia and NZ. I forgot where I read it and how it was settled, but I assumed every one here knew
Old 10-12-2018, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
They’ve already lied about why they fired him.
You know, having read through most of it, I like how he admits LBCM was intended to be a Fleetwood Mac album.

However, that means he was lying the whole time about how it just felt like a duet album.

Point being that they all lie, even Lindsey, when it behooves them.

THE Stephen Hopkins