The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-11-2018, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Probably has something to do with the fact that another FM tour was already “signed on the dotted line” by all 5 of them as early as summer 2017.
Old 10-11-2018, 03:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
Probably has something to do with the fact that another FM tour was already “signed on the dotted line” by all 5 of them as early as summer 2017.
I guess I don't understand how this legal stuff works. If all 5 signed on the dotted line for the tour, how could Stevie threaten to leave the band if Lindsey wasn't fired? Wouldn't she also be under obligation to tour? Crazy penguin sh!t.
Old 10-11-2018, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
It's still all about the money. Those contracts have loopholes for situations just like this. How do you think he walked away in '87 without getting sued?
Old 10-11-2018, 03:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I guess I don't understand how this legal stuff works. If all 5 signed on the dotted line for the tour, how could Stevie threaten to leave the band if Lindsey wasn't fired? Wouldn't she also be under obligation to tour? Crazy penguin sh!t.
Bluffing. She probably knew that she wouldn’t need to leave because everyone would choose her ($$$) over him.
Old 10-11-2018, 03:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well speaking for myself, I was not expecting that. It's nice that he's clearly standing up for himself but also sad it's going to end up so messy. I wonder if this was actually filed a while ago and is already being worked on?
Old 10-11-2018, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Well speaking for myself, I was not expecting that. It's nice that he's clearly standing up for himself but also sad it's going to end up so messy. I wonder if this was actually filed a while ago and is already being worked on?
I agree. It saddens me that it's such an ugly mess.
Old 10-11-2018, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
Buckingham claimed everyone in the band wanted to start the tour in August 2018, but he asked to push it to November because he wanted to work on his solo album. Nicks reportedly only wanted to do three shows a week, which meant the band’s North American tour would take even longer.

So does this mean the band was NOT lying about him wanting to delay?

So that it was a reason why he was fired? This must have been on Stevie’s List.
GOOD TRY....Read the RadarOnline article PROPERLY.... even after him asking for a delay and SN wanting only 3 shows a week it says they 'agreed to 60 shows'...so they came to agreement about a delay AND only doing 3 shows a week

"Buckingham claimed everyone in the band wanted to start the tour in August 2018, but he asked to push it to November because he wanted to work on his solo album. Nicks reportedly only wanted to do three shows a week, which meant the band’s North American tour would take even longer.
The star said he and the other members agreed to Nicks’ request, and the band managers negotiated with LiveNation for 60 shows in North America, which included Buckingham."
Old 10-11-2018, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, this group of geriatrics is clearly not going quietly. This whole situation is beyond sad.
Old 10-11-2018, 03:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
GOOD TRY....Read the RadarOnline article PROPERLY.... even after him asking for a delay and SN wanting only 3 shows a week it says they 'agreed to 60 shows'...so they came to agreement about a delay AND only doing 3 shows a week

"Buckingham claimed everyone in the band wanted to start the tour in August 2018, but he asked to push it to November because he wanted to work on his solo album. Nicks reportedly only wanted to do three shows a week, which meant the band’s North American tour would take even longer.
The star said he and the other members agreed to Nicks’ request, and the band managers negotiated with LiveNation for 60 shows in North America, which included Buckingham."
And that was also probably where he got the idea for a concurrent solo tour. With only 3 shows a week, that would've given him that little bit of room to do so.
Old 10-11-2018, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Nick’s request was the three times a week. It says everyone in the band wanted August over November. So I do not see agreement with both parts.
Old 10-11-2018, 03:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
Nick’s request was the three times a week. It says everyone in the band wanted August over November. So I do not see agreement with both parts.
They contractually agreed to a tour after initial discussion about delays and how many shows they would have each week.
The clear point is they all agreed to the tour, so this means whether he asked for a delay or not is irrelevant, he had agreed to whatever timeline there was and was happy as were the others with that.
Old 10-11-2018, 03:30 PM
Junior Ledgie

A credible source.
Sad,
sad, sad.
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...m-band-736063/
We can all break down forever " 💔

Last edited by DeepBlueDee; 10-11-2018 at 03:38 PM..
Old 10-11-2018, 03:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
They contractually agreed to a tour after initial discussion about delays and how many shows they would have each week.
The clear point is they all agreed to the tour, so this means whether he asked for a delay or not is irrelevant, he had agreed to whatever timeline there was and was happy as were the others with that.
I don’t think asking for the delay is irrelevant at all given his past history with tours. So the delay becomes a factor in whatever else Stevie was pissed about. That is my point. They did not completely make it up.
Old 10-11-2018, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepBlueDee View Post
It’s not at all surprising he’s suing. Most people would give the situation. I am surprised it took as long as it did.
Old 10-11-2018, 03:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yikes!

"A spokesperson for Fleetwood Mac provided Rolling Stone with a statement on the lawsuit: “It’s impossible for the band to offer comment on a legal complaint they have not seen. It’s fairly standard legal procedure to service the complaint to the parties involved, something that neither Mr. Buckingham nor his legal counsel have done. Which makes one wonder what the true motivations are when servicing press first with a legal complaint before the parties in dispute.”