User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-15-2016, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post

Seriously guys this board used to be funnier.
I really think that it's the Stevie fans. Because when something negative is said about her, THEY CAN'T TAKE IT.

Call Chris a tranny all you want. I think it's funny.
Old 12-15-2016, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I agree. And I hate that many don't get that I'm a funny, loving person. No really, I am!!! (I'm serious)

I used to worry about disagreeing with others here, that they wouldn't like me. But now, I've got the people I care about, already in my corner. Newbies can learn to love me, or not. Either way, I'm good.

I think the Great Ledge Implosion of 2007(??) was completely caused by overly sensitive moderators. Things got really out of hand, and a bunch of people left, and new boards were started... I think Michele is the best thing that ever happened here(no, I'm not kissing up. I sincerely mean that).
What is the Great Ledge Implosion?
I really want to know, I was too young then to be here.

Quote:
I really think that it's the Stevie fans. Because when something negative is said about her, THEY CAN'T TAKE IT.

I am a Stevie fan, and I'm funny, and I assure you I'm not the only one. And I'm also attractive.
Old 12-15-2016, 01:55 PM
Registered

Quote:
Snarky? Hardly. Sarcastic, yes.

Mine was sarcasm too, but I guess in my mother language worked better.

i got the part about the same 3 people posting
Old 12-15-2016, 01:59 PM

If those Stevie fans come over here and make fun of Christine fans.. I'm taking my 10 Christine fans and we're never coming back!!!

You're lucky she even performs for you BASTARDS!!!
Old 12-15-2016, 02:03 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
If those Stevie fans come over here and make fun of Christine fans.. I'm taking my 10 Christine fans and we're never coming back!!!

You're lucky she even performs for you BASTARDS!!!
Old 12-15-2016, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree. And I hate that many don't get that I'm a funny, loving person. No really, I am!!! (I'm serious)

I used to worry about disagreeing with others here, that they wouldn't like me. But now, I've got the people I care about, already in my corner. Newbies can learn to love me, or not. Either way, I'm good.

I think the Great Ledge Implosion of 2007(??) was completely caused by overly sensitive moderators. Things got really out of hand, and a bunch of people left, and new boards were started... I think Michele is the best thing that ever happened here(no, I'm not kissing up. I sincerely mean that).
funny maybe, but i don't know about loving!

i think joking, disagreeing, discussing on places like this, about topics that do not personally really touch us, is a great outlet since most of us have to be much more diplomatic irl.

and, people who repeatedly claim that this place is not hopping like it used to and trying to assign their favorite chosen reasons, like types of posts and posters, are completely dismissing that boards like this are a relic of the times before the explosion of social media (which i personally love but it also allows for more and more complete isolation, perpetuation of group think and people living in their own separate realities).

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-15-2016, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Snarky? Hardly. Sarcastic, yes.

Mine was sarcasm too, but I guess in my mother language worked better.

yup if you are trying at humor it certainly is not coming across - whether it's the language barrier or just the fact there's no tone in writing. plus your persistent refusal to use emojis doesn't help!

we'll give you a chance though, keep on trying!

PS this post is mostly humor, no sarcasm.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-15-2016, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yup if you are trying at humor it certainly is not coming across - whether it's the language barrier or just the fact there's no tone in writing. plus your persistent refusal to use emojis doesn't help!

we'll give you a chance though, keep on trying!

PS this post is mostly humor, no sarcasm.
All posts require sarcasm. It confuses the chiffons. Their white wing doves fly away.
Old 12-15-2016, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
All posts require sarcasm. It confuses the chiffons. Their white wing doves fly away.
I love you.
Old 12-15-2016, 02:56 PM
Registered

Quote:
the sensitive and oh so very young
Old 12-15-2016, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What is the Great Ledge Implosion?
I really want to know, I was too young then to be here.
It was really clique-y back then. We became a group of friends even outside the Ledge, having parties and going to FM shows.

(the following is ONLY my opinion, nothing more)

And our strength as friends was obvious, and the sarcasm was over the top sometimes(because we knew each other, personally).

Then along came this young poster, who posted constantly. He would start multiple threads on the same topic, all within minutes! He was warned by mods, and mocked by members, for doing so, and yet he continued.

Then, one of the mods essentially gave him carte blanche, and told us all that he could do as he liked, and strikes would be given to anyone complaining about it. So of course he continued...and things felt more heated. The pot kept boiling....

Then one night, a member privately asked us all to make this picture(the back side of a horse - yes, a horse's ass - even though it wasn't a "dirty" pic[no anus or anything]) our signature pic. Well, like 35 of us did it. I wasn't even sure WHY we were doing it, but I was part of the group, so I did it(it was making fun of a moderator-ironically, NOT the "carte blanche" mod).

So the next morning, about 30 of us were banned from the Ledge(I believe it was for 30 days). Strangely, 3-4 people weren't banned for the pic, so the fact that a select few weren't included in the ban, obviously didn't sit well.

So immediately, a private message board was started, where we all bitched incessantly about the mods, and mocking memes were made, concerning the young poster.

Back to the ban, after about 3 days, the ban was lifted, and we all got an apology from the "head mod", that he overreacted. Well, for some, it was a little too little, a little too late. I personally stayed away for about 3 years. All I did was put a picture of a horse as my sig!!! I have the apology saved as a word doc to this day.

Because in all our opinions, the mods were out of hand. They'd taken a place we worshiped, and turned it into their own vision, all for the sake of giving some extremely annoying kid free reign to do whatever he wished.

The private board went on for several years. IDK if it still exists or not, because another member and I left the group. Turns out there IS such a thing as being too snarky and hateful. It was fun for a while, but the negativity got too dark, and it just felt like hate, being there. Again, that board was completely private, so it was "anything goes" there. A snitch was eventually found, and that board was shut down, and another started. I could go on and on, but you get the gist...
Old 12-15-2016, 03:43 PM

Quote:
It was really clique-y back then. We became a group of friends even outside the Ledge, having parties and going to FM shows.

(the following is ONLY my opinion, nothing more)

And our strength as friends was obvious, and the sarcasm was over the top sometimes(because we knew each other, personally).

Then along came this young poster, who posted constantly. He would start multiple threads on the same topic, all within minutes! He was warned by mods, and mocked by members, for doing so, and yet he continued.

Then, one of the mods essentially gave him carte blanche, and told us all that he could do as he liked, and strikes would be given to anyone complaining about it. So of course he continued...and things felt more heated. The pot kept boiling....

Then one night, a member privately asked us all to make this picture(the back side of a horse - yes, a horse's ass - even though it wasn't a "dirty" pic[no anus or anything]) our signature pic. Well, like 35 of us did it. I wasn't even sure WHY we were doing it, but I was part of the group, so I did it(it was making fun of a moderator-ironically, NOT the "carte blanche" mod).

So the next morning, about 30 of us were banned from the Ledge(I believe it was for 30 days). Strangely, 3-4 people weren't banned for the pic, so the fact that a select few weren't included in the ban, obviously didn't sit well.

So immediately, a private message board was started, where we all bitched incessantly about the mods, and mocking memes were made, concerning the young poster.

Back to the ban, after about 3 days, the ban was lifted, and we all got an apology from the "head mod", that he overreacted. Well, for some, it was a little too little, a little too late. I personally stayed away for about 3 years. All I did was put a picture of a horse as my sig!!! I have the apology saved as a word doc to this day.

Because in all our opinions, the mods were out of hand. They'd taken a place we worshiped, and turned it into their own vision, all for the sake of giving some extremely annoying kid free reign to do whatever he wished.

The private board went on for several years. IDK if it still exists or not, because another member and I left the group. Turns out there IS such a thing as being too snarky and hateful. It was fun for a while, but the negativity got too dark, and it just felt like hate, being there. Again, that board was completely private, so it was "anything goes" there. A snitch was eventually found, and that board was shut down, and another started. I could go on and on, but you get the gist...
...Has this board ever been normal?
Old 12-15-2016, 03:47 PM
Registered

Quote:
...Has this board ever been normal?
there will always be someone who needs control and abuse the "power " bestowed on them to moderate and equally there will always be a member who needs attention and the need to control content

then there are the rest of us
Old 12-15-2016, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Stop now

Not amused
Old 12-15-2016, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Stop now

Not amused
I love Christine with all my heart.

I don't get star struck...I really don't. I think that she's probably the only person alive that I could meet, where I'd be scared to death to even say anything.

She'd probably tell me I'm wearing a stupid f*cking shirt or something!