Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-05-2018, 08:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Twitter is an apoplectic, hilarious **** show with this right now with everyone from Sara Fleetwood throwing shade at Karen to people hating on Mike Campbell's hair to people saying Mike and Stevie deserve better fans.
I did see an Instagram post from Mick a few days ago with a picture of Christine and him saying "Make new friends, but keep the old; those are silver, these are gold." Curious.

Last edited by gldstwmn; 04-05-2018 at 08:06 PM..
Old 04-05-2018, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Twitter is an apoplectic, hilarious **** show with this right now with everyone from Sara Fleetwood throwing shade at Karen to people hating on Mike Campbell's hair to people saying Mike and Stevie deserve better fans.
I did see an Instagram post from Mick a few days ago with a picture of Christine and him saying "Make new friends, but keep the old; those are silver, these are gold." Curious.
I'm pretty sure that Sara Fleetwood account is not actually her, just a fan pretending to be her. But yes I agree. It's wild on there right now. Everyone blaming each other, and we still don't have an official announcement. I've read a lot from people who claim to have this info and honestly some of it does make sense. However, no one is giving away their sources, so until the band comes forward I guess we won't know for sure.
Old 04-05-2018, 08:46 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default nervous about Lindsey rumors

Hi all,

What a strange world we live in! I first heard about in an email from Twitter today suggesting I check out my "highlights" from people I follow. The phrase "Lindsey Buckingham got the axe" caught my attention!

I wonder how to verify the news on Twitter? Who are the sources of the info? None of the people seem even remotely close to the band. "Murrow Must be Turning Over in His Grave" to paraphrase a certain song!

I couldn't imagine Lindsey choosing to leave at this point in his career with FM. As Elle said, he has literally written a love song to FM and spoke highly of them at Classic West, all the Buck/Mcvie shows, and Music Cares. It seemed that he has come to a sense of peace about the financial rewards of being in FM and the multi-generational appeal and appreciation of the music.

I can't imagine Lindsey getting "fired"/asked to leave. What would he have had to have done this time to warrant that? If he didn't get fired in 1987 after the infamous physical altercation, I can't imagine what he would have done now for that to occur. If Lindsey's solo work held up the band's 2018 touring plans, it would not be the first time that a band member's solo plans interfered with the full band's touring schedule. When Stevie extended "In Your Dreams" and opted not to record with them recently, she certainly was not outsted. So, on the surface this does not make sense.

There would have to be some kind of wild behind the scenes story now, but their current lives don't seem to be fueled by drugs and erratic behavior.

It's a "Mystery to Me'". I hope everyone doesn't mind my silly song titles in this post which has me truly worried.

What with the lack of news about the Sirius, LB's solo album/tour, and FM tour, all the radio silence since February has made me nervous. I feel lucky and blessed that in 2017 I was able to go to Classic West, see Buckingham/McVie at the Greek Theater and in Minneapolis, manage to get a ticket to see their panel at the Grammy Museum, and see Stevie at the MN State Fair. With an embarrassment of riches like that, it would be sad if it were to end by an unpleasant circumstance. It seems that although they have their tensions, they have managed to override all that in order to carry on in recent years.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see---which is no fun. Of course, I turned to this forum right away as this is where all the people who are in the know reside!

Best to everyone here (Hi Elle!),
Amy
Old 04-05-2018, 09:14 PM
Ledgie

Jeez!!!! It's too much stress being a Fleetwood Mac fan. I have no interest in living through any more of their drama or seeing yet another lineup at this point, They are senior citizens for God's sake!!! BREAK UP and give us all some peace!!! And if Fleetwood Mac (including Stevie) ends up recording an actual album with someone else, I'm done for good.

Speaking of Mike Campbell, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Stevie record an album and/or tour with the Heartbreakers in the next few years. Mark my word!! It will happen!!!
Old 04-05-2018, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamwilliame View Post
Jeez!!!! It's too much stress being a Fleetwood Mac fan. I have no interest in living through any more of their drama or seeing yet another lineup at this point, They are senior citizens for God's sake!!! BREAK UP and give us all some peace!!! And if Fleetwood Mac (including Stevie) ends up recording an actual album with someone else, I'm done for good.

Speaking of Mike Campbell, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Stevie record an album and/or tour with the Heartbreakers in the next few years. Mark my word!! It will happen!!!
And there it is. Stevie honestly can't stand Lindsey Buckingham. A lot of people want to live in a fantasy world where SN/LB are still in love.. But, she does not want anything to do with him. Yes, they were a couple IN 1973!!! wE GET IT.

Wake up people.
Old 04-05-2018, 10:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default ?

Maybe he's out because Stevie's using
the #metoo against him.

This smells like fake news.
Old 04-05-2018, 11:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't believe this for a second.
Old 04-06-2018, 12:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
You're assuming he would have quit.
I'm assuming he would NOT have quit. But maybe you're suggesting he was fired? I doubt that, too.
Old 04-06-2018, 01:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Mh, this whole thread is rescued from 1987, isn't it?
Old 04-06-2018, 08:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

From what I hear it is all true. Supposedly they are actively looking for a replacement for him. Oy vey.

I hope that Lindsey releases an album and spends this year touring for it. That is what he really wanted to do. The rest of the group should allow him to do that and take the year off themselves. I don't want FM to continue without Lindsey again. I'm sure by the beginning of next year when all is said and done that LB would be more than willing to regroup with the Mac and head out for a long tour.
Old 04-06-2018, 08:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

They are earning far too much money at the moment for him to even dare leave the band. Wouldn’t happen.
Old 04-06-2018, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I'm assuming he would NOT have quit. But maybe you're suggesting he was fired? I doubt that, too.
So then what do you believe?? huh??
Old 04-06-2018, 09:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I don't believe this for a second.
Billy Burnette clarified his comments. This has happened recently. Mick told him they threw Lindsey out.
Old 04-06-2018, 09:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
They are earning far too much money at the moment for him to even dare leave the band. Wouldn’t happen.
It looks increasingly as if this has happened.
With all the speculation you'd imagine somebody would put out word that it was all false if the rumours really were all false. The fact there is silence from all camps is alarming.

I'm speculating; Maybe Lindsey kicked up a fuss about a lack of new product. He made it perfectly clear at the 'Classic shows' he hated performing the big hits with FM. Perhaps he delayed his solo album in the hope it would roll into a new FM album ahead of a tour. Perhaps rather than giving Lindsey time to release and tour a new solo record Mick decided to move ahead with a FM tour. Maybe Mick desperately needs the cash.

Stevie and Chris (minus Lindsey)
Chris (minus Lindsey and Stevie)
Stevie and Lindsey (minus Chris)
Chris and Lindsey (minus Stevie)
Chris and Stevie (minus Lindsey) ???

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-06-2018, 11:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

We need a poll on this subject.

I don't believe it at all.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.