User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-25-2018, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Oh she will outlive you, old man. She’s not holed up in some shack drinking whiskey out of a bag in a bottle sitting on a crapper all day posting obsessively about a band that stopped being a band 30 years ago.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 02-25-2018, 09:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think they should tour at all anymore. Chris's voice has really gone down hill recently and she can't really play anymore. Stevie's voice has a range of about 3 notes. Lindsey's voice is also rough. They still can make themselves sound pretty good in the studio so that is where they should finish up.
Old 02-25-2018, 09:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
I don't think they should tour at all anymore. Chris's voice has really gone down hill recently and she can't really play anymore. Stevie's voice has a range of about 3 notes. Lindsey's voice is also rough. They still can make themselves sound pretty good in the studio so that is where they should finish up.
They should..but as long as a lot of people are willing to pay a lot of money to hear them croak out the hits then that is where they will end.

Old 02-25-2018, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh she will outlive you, old man. She’s not holed up in some shack drinking whiskey out of a bag in a bottle sitting on a crapper all day posting obsessively about a band that stopped being a band 30 years ago.
This falls under "personal attack",Buster. You're off base on all points.
Old 02-25-2018, 10:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, then, if she outlives all of us, she's definitely a witch.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 02-26-2018, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Nope. That statement couldn’t be more false. She’s not holding anything back. I’m favt she’s allowing for everyone in the band to do what they do best at this stage in their careers while simultaneously giving the fans the most of everything. She’s off doing a career best tour (without any exaggeration, although I’m sure you’d disagree) stevie touring AND buck/I’ve allowed for way more songs to be heard live in 2016/2017 then if the band had toured. Plus everyone and their mom noticehow all parties are much happier and less staged apart. Even Mick gets to have an outlet to play drums with his blues band.

But I can already here the false rebuttal:

“Well at least we’d get Fleetwood Mac touring with NEW material,
That were all deprived of because of stevie Nicks. Which couldn’t be further from the truth. This current decade has provided so much new Fleetwood Mac related music, this terrible dry spell narrative some on here love to bring up is just wrong. Stevie has released 2 long solo albums and toured behind both and played many live cuts from both albums. Even if you consider 24 KG not a real new album which I don’t see the logic behind at all, In Your Dreams is recent enough for me to consider stevie Nicks an artist still. Considering it Was realeased in her early 60s an age I would consider retirement age for most. And then there’s still 5 to 6 actual new songs between The 24 karat album and soundtracks.

But we got deprived of Fleetwood Mac new music you say. Well if you say that your joining the group of people who consider stevie the litmus test of what makes Something considered Fleetwood Mac. Because what I believe is we 110 percent got new Fleetwood Mac music in 2017 with the Buckingham McVie. Now that it’s not as new I can confidently consider carnival begin and too far gone to be in my top 20 or even 10 Fleetwood Mac songs. I don’t care what the cover says and neither should anyone on this site. The name on the cover of the album being a hang up for so many really baffles me. Stevie is not needed on this album. The 10 songs flow so well together, for all we know stevie may have ruined the flow?

I’m by no means trying to say we should all be greatful to stevie for providing us fans with the very best Scenerio to maximize the fans value in these late years of the band, but she sort of unintentionally has done just that, and I am.

The only legit reason I see for anyone being pissed at stevie is her almost downright disregard for her fans intelligence with her bs in interviews. I want to throw up as bad as some of you when she speaks in interviews. Her and the rest of the band really annoy me with the dishonesty and permenant act of “keep the peace in public” for the good of the band when they tour next. I think this is a group criticism or specifically mick maybe more then it is a purely stevie thing which some people seem to assume. It’s infuriating they just won’t be honest about the situation.

But at least from an ends justifying the means stand point Stevie’s actions have definitely been good for the Fleetwood Mac brand as a whole, at least pertaining to output. Stevie might be as delusional as you say, but your as delusional as her if you think she’s prevented any sort of output from happening, outside of “maybe” impacting the name one of the album cover.
I do have to agree that he absence has made for a more fertile ground. We got something I would have never of dreamed: BuckVie. Which sort of sounds like a Mirage cousin. We got Lindsey excited to work with another FM member. The tour and album were successful for a medium brand.

We got Stevie doing a larger solo tour with the Pretenders and while it wasn't FMac sales, it was nothing to sneeze at. And except for her talking, most reviews were really good. She seemed happy at Musicares instead of that scowl on her face when around Lindsey.

We got Mick's project. I listened to the Live album and it was pretty damn good.

I guess I'm annoyed with them for getting old. And annoyed with Stevie interviews. But, I'm trying to give her credit, she respected Christine's hiatus more than any band member...errrrrr Lindsey was mad as hell. She even offered Christine 5 million dollars.. lol. Talk about manipulation!! She missed her sister.

I think Stevie is going to come around and do an album with them. Not sure why I think this, but my gut tells me. I have a feeling the tour won't happen. I don't know why... But, the whole Sirius thing felt odd.

My 2 cents.
Old 02-26-2018, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Please refrain from name calling and hobo references aimed at other board members. And they are still technically a band. They just have a really funny way of showing it.
Old 02-27-2018, 12:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Please refrain from name calling and hobo references...
I'll refrain from telling my Kitchener Leslie tale.
And what a tale it is, if I were to tell it.
Old 02-27-2018, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
I'll refrain from telling my Kitchener Leslie tale.
And what a tale it is, if I were to tell it.
Maybe Rusty will tell it, He'll tell it on the mountain.
Old 02-27-2018, 08:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Which one?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-28-2018, 09:08 PM
Ledgie

I have loved this band and their work together since the late 70s, but I think I have finally had enough of the drama. It honestly feels like it is time for the Rumours lineup to call it a day. If they want to work together in various configurations, great. I would not be upset if they called off the tour which seems to keep getting pushed back. I just don't want to see them embarrassing themselves trying to be who they were 40 years ago. Some bands are able to pull from more than 5 albums and also adapt and do different arrangements of their songs to keep things fresh. That is not going to happen with FM. They are way too rigid when it comes to live performance. Stevie and Lindsey have both become insufferable in my opinion. I would hate to be a journalist tasked with interviewing either of them.
Old 02-28-2018, 10:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Maybe Rusty will tell it, He'll tell it on the mountain.
Him and the Blind Boys Of Alabama.

SteveMacD,

Rusty's mug is much better than those
dudes' mugs.

Speaking of gingers, anyone else see the
documentary Beware Of Mr. Baker? That
dude is scary.
Old 03-01-2018, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

jimmypaxsonFor lack of a better pun - “Fleetwood Pax” 😂 Musically and personally, one of the greatest weeks EVER !!! 1st of all - To my love, my Fiancée (holy ****) @ksjump, your cordiality, lovingness, beauty, sense of humor and everything else is second to none - you are theeee greatest ! So great that you came along ! 2nd’ly - I just played 24 tunes with Billy Gibbons, Steve Miller and Christine McVie - Played drums with Miller n Gibbons, percussion with Mick and Chris, double drummed on a few w/Mick too ! It was an ultra private event, so no pix - But we were in Cabo 🏝and killing it. Big thanks to the cast & crew that made this happen... Again to @ksjump - You are a breath of fresh air... Thank you for being my all. Ok 🛫- Let’s go !!! Next stop - Ben Harper n Charlie Musselwhite - Stay tuned ; )

Sounds like the Jimmy Paxson event with Mick and Chris was a private gig also involving Steve Miller and Billy Gibbons. I wonder whether they all played separately or whether they played anything together? Miller, Gibbons and McVie...I'd break the bank for that

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 03-02-2018, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So Chris is gonna take advantage of the $$ for private gigs. Good for her!
Old 03-02-2018, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
jimmypaxsonFor lack of a better pun - “Fleetwood Pax” 😂 Musically and personally, one of the greatest weeks EVER !!! 1st of all - To my love, my Fiancée (holy ****) @ksjump, your cordiality, lovingness, beauty, sense of humor and everything else is second to none - you are theeee greatest ! So great that you came along ! 2nd’ly - I just played 24 tunes with Billy Gibbons, Steve Miller and Christine McVie - Played drums with Miller n Gibbons, percussion with Mick and Chris, double drummed on a few w/Mick too ! It was an ultra private event, so no pix - But we were in Cabo 🏝and killing it. Big thanks to the cast & crew that made this happen... Again to @ksjump - You are a breath of fresh air... Thank you for being my all. Ok 🛫- Let’s go !!! Next stop - Ben Harper n Charlie Musselwhite - Stay tuned ; )

Sounds like the Jimmy Paxson event with Mick and Chris was a private gig also involving Steve Miller and Billy Gibbons. I wonder whether they all played separately or whether they played anything together? Miller, Gibbons and McVie...I'd break the bank for that

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"