User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-30-2007, 05:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
What about Lindsey's comment that Brian Wilson had a crush on Chris, too? I've never heard anything about Brian and Chris, so I assume that she did not reciprocate Brian's interest. I just wonder if it was before, during, or after her romance with Dennis. I guess by that time, Brian was too far gone for her to even entertain the idea of a relationship, mentally fragile. Michele
Where did you hear Lindsey's comment about Brian Wilson having a crush on Chris? I posted a 1979 Melody Maker article some time ago. It was primarily about Dennis Wilson although Chris was in the article too. Dennis was quoted as saying that Brian liked Christine. He remarked that Brian didn't like his previous wife at all.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Dennis sounds like a jerk. Was he that rotten?
Apparently yes, especially when he was high which he probably was much of the time. Chris has said that she was obsessed with him.

And, welcome back to the Ledge, David.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57 View Post
Where did you hear Lindsey's comment about Brian Wilson having a crush on Chris? I posted a 1979 Melody Maker article some time ago. It was primarily about Dennis Wilson although Chris was in the article too. Dennis was quoted as saying that Brian liked Christine. He remarked that Brian didn't like his previous wife at all.
In this Songwriters article, Lindsey went through the songs on Tusk and he said that when he was doing Save Me a Place, it was sort of Hawaiian the way they would chant "save . . . me . . . " and Brian Wilson told him that Bob Dylan would like that. Lindsey said, "I remember Brian Wilson was kind of hanging out then. He had a crush on Christine, and was not doing too great then." Actually, that gives me the time frame. This must have been before Tusk came out. So, Brian liked Christine before Dennis did. He got there first Brian was extremely talented, which I could see might interest Chris, but he couldn't even take care of himself at that point. It must have been hard to feel anything for him but pity.

As for Dennis, it's kind of funny that Chris said that Dennis threw her into the deep end both literally and figuratively, when we know that he ended up drowning. That "surf boy" theme just carried all the way through.

Michele
Old 08-30-2007, 08:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57 View Post
I was a little surprised that she said she hadn't slept with Dennis Wilson, only that they were very good friends. Dennis was a womanizer & it is a little hard to believe that he would be "just friends" with any woman.

I thought the book was pretty interesting. I didn't find it boring at all. It was a bit more detailed & gossipy than Mick's book, which made it interesting. I tend to believe much of what she wrote. I have no reason not to. I don't think she portrayed Chris in a negative light. It sounds like she really did like her. Lindsey certainly came off looking horrible. The abuse didn't really surprise me since it's been hinted at by others before. The episode that CAH described at Christine's house between Lindsey & CAH is scary, to say the least. There must be something about Chris' house that makes Lindsey go a little crazy, what with this episode & the later Tango scene.

Regarding Chris, I liked the Granny Knickers story & Chris' reaction to Lindsey's Tusk look.

By the way, I wonder if Chris has read the book or if she even knows the book exists.
I agree with everything you wrote about the book, I do think most of it was true, yet a bit exaggerated [sp?] at times. no specific example...

I laughed at so much of the stuff that was said, It seemed to me that CAH made it seem as though Chris liked to laugh and have a good time, and I think that of all the band members, it changed my opinion of Stevie the most.

The Dennis stories were absolutely hilarious though, he seemed like a fun guy, and by what CAH said, him and Chris must have been very compatible.