User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-02-2013, 12:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Ocean View Post
Hello Ledgies. This is my first post, so I hope I'm doing it right! You can probably tell from my user name that I'm a Stevie man. I've loved her music since I was 14, though since then have come to love all eras of the Mac. I'm looking forward to joining in the discussions, having followed The Ledge for a while now. Any Ledgies in Melbourne, I'm new here and would love to meet other fans. Dion.
Hi, AutumnOcean!!! Welcome and enjoy, lot of regards to Melbourne!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by golddustangel View Post
Hola Ledgies! I've been a member on here for quite a few months now but I've literally on read threads so this is my very first post Anyways, as you can probably tell by my username, I'm a bit of a (huge) Stevie fan... and I was lucky enough to see The Mac for the first time in Glasgow in October there (it was so amazing that I would've travelled all the way to London or Manchester to see it again, but a 16 year old's Fleetwood Mac budget can only stretch so far )
¡Hola golddustangel! Nice to read a spanish word, hehe. Welcome and enjoy!!!
Old 12-06-2013, 06:37 AM
Senior Ledgie

Hi Ledgies!! I'm Cyndi and this is my first post. I'm a huge Stevie and FM fan, and this is an awesome place for information!!
Old 12-09-2013, 05:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu28 View Post
Hi Ledgies!! I'm Cyndi and this is my first post. I'm a huge Stevie and FM fan, and this is an awesome place for information!!
Hi Cyndi and Welcome I agree with you, this is an amazing place for info
Old 12-09-2013, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu28 View Post
Hi Cyndi and welcome.

Do you know the name of Stevie and Lindsey's love child?
It's all here at the Ledge.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:43 AM
Ledgie

Hi I'm ChickenStu. Sorry guys only just saw this thread.

I'm 36 next month and a huge fan of the Mac. I remember many songs from Tango In The Night from my childhood.

About three years ago I bought my first copy of Rumours on CD and realised that the hype it gets was 100% justified. I also bought the Greatest Hits that has the green cover with the flower on it.

Wanting more about a year ago I got Tango In The Night, Fleetwood Mac, Tusk and The Dance. Then shortly after I managed to get tickets to see them.
To celebrate I bought the new three disc version of Rumours and gave my old copy to a friend.

That was Feb 2013. Over the course of the following year I bought ALL the other studio albums by the Mac. Starting right back from the Peter Green days.

I downloaded Extended Play in May on the same day our family got a new cat! Everytime I hear "Sad Angel" I think of him! (I actually wanted to call him "Fleetwood" but the kids insisted on calling him Toto after another one of my favourite bands)

This is my Fleetwood Mac collection on CD

Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac
Mr Wonderful
Then Play On
Kiln House
Future Games
Bare Trees
Penguin
Mystery To Me
Heroes Are Hard To Find
Fleetwood Mac
Rumours
Tusk
Mirage
Tango In The Night
Greatest Hits
Behind The Mask
Time
The Dance
Say You Will
The Chain - 25 Years

On 27th September 2013 myself and my best friend Nick saw them live at the 02 Arena in Greenwich London. It was a truly amazing night and both of us really got a kick out of the gig.

I found this site through google since I just wanted to find someone to chat to the Mac about!

I've got two daughters who are 7 and 5. They love listening to the Mac too! They love singing along to "The Chain" which is probably my all time favourite tune by the Mac.

Other bands I'm into are Toto, Genesis, and Steely Dan. Nice to meet you all!

Last edited by ChickenStu; 01-11-2014 at 10:13 AM..
Old 01-11-2014, 09:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Welcome aboard ChickenStu! I've been enjoying your posts.

I also enjoy chicken stew, come to think of it... I'm a bit hungry now.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:13 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
Welcome aboard ChickenStu! I've been enjoying your posts.
Thanks dude! I see by your avatar that you're an Arrested Development fan, so that makes you OK in my book! Smashing through that on Netflix at the moment it's AWESOME!!!

Quote:
I also enjoy chicken stew, come to think of it... I'm a bit hungry now.
LMAO!!! Funnily enough we've got chicken tonight! Doing a stir-fry though, not a stew!
Old 01-11-2014, 10:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenStu View Post
Thanks dude! I see by your avatar that you're an Arrested Development fan, so that makes you OK in my book! Smashing through that on Netflix at the moment it's AWESOME!!!

It really is rather spectacular, isn't it? Except for a particular story arc in season 3, but meh! The cleverly and elegantly assembled new season 4 redeems all sins, in my book. Glad you're enjoying it. How far along are you?

Quote:
LMAO!!! Funnily enough we've got chicken tonight! Doing a stir-fry though, not a stew!
Chicken stir fry is amazing too! I basically just really like chicken. On everything. Ever. Try not to be too intimidated by my worldly and sophisticated palette, though. I'm a human, just like you.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:45 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
It really is rather spectacular, isn't it? Except for a particular story arc in season 3, but meh! The cleverly and elegantly assembled new season 4 redeems all sins, in my book. Glad you're enjoying it. How far along are you?
Literally just about to start season 2. I've heard that about season 3. Sound like they did a Twin Peaks on it and tried to get TOO clever. Oh well. Jason Bateman says or does something that makes me laugh in EVERY episode. That is ONE FUNNY guy.
Loved him in Paul aswell.

(However as a good Christian man I must repent for the impure thoughts I've had about Portia Del Rossi. I'm a bad, bad person. LMAO!!! )

Quote:
Chicken stir fry is amazing too! I basically just really like chicken. On everything. Ever. Try not to be too intimidated by my worldly and sophisticated palette, though. I'm a human, just like you.
LOL. If you like chicken here's a little recipe. Something my Mum taught me.
Let's assume you're making this for four/five people.

Take five or six fairly well sized chicken breasts. Wrap them in a strip of bacon each and put in a casserole dish. Then chop up a fairly large onion. Peel about five or six potatoes and slice them into fairly generous slices. Throw the onion and potato on top of the chicken and potato you have in the casserole dish.

OK. Then make up some chicken stock using about three or four chicken oxo cubes. Add about three or four crushed cloves of garlic and mix that in. Pour this on top of what you have in the casserole dish.

Put a lid on the dish. Cook in the oven for 90 minutes on 180. When finished serve onto dishes. But here's the kicker: With the chicken stock remaining make a gravy. Thicker the better using chicken gravy granules. Pour that on top. Then you've got a healthy nutritious meal for all the family!!

If you love chicken then that meal is heaven. My kids LOVE it!
Old 01-11-2014, 10:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Take five or six fairly well sized chicken breasts. Wrap them in a strip of bacon each and put in a casserole dish. Then chop up a fairly large onion. Peel about five or six potatoes and slice them into fairly generous slices. Throw the onion and potato on top of the chicken and potato you have in the casserole dish.

OK. Then make up some chicken stock using about three or four chicken oxo cubes. Add about three or four crushed cloves of garlic and mix that in. Pour this on top of what you have in the casserole dish.

Put a lid on the dish. Cook in the oven for 90 minutes on 180. When finished serve onto dishes. But here's the kicker: With the chicken stock remaining make a gravy. Thicker the better using chicken gravy granules. Pour that on top. Then you've got a healthy nutritious meal for all the family!!

If you love chicken then that meal is heaven. My kids LOVE it!
Thanks for the recipe! Will have to try it out when the husband is on a night shift (he was sadly born with absolutely no inclination towards chicken) It sounds pretty fantastic.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:53 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks for the recipe! Will have to try it out when the husband is on a night shift (he was sadly born with absolutely no inclination towards chicken) It sounds pretty fantastic.
Yeah, my wife isn't too keen on it. My step-son WILL eat it but he'll eat anything lol. My daughters LOVE it though. I warn you, it can be a bit on the salty side. Some people like that, some don't so it just depends on your constitution.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hi I'm ChickenStu. Sorry guys only just saw this thread.

[...]

Other bands I'm into are Toto, Genesis, and Steely Dan. Nice to meet you all!
Hi, Chicken, welcome!!!
Your CD collection is really amazing. You've got them all!!
Nice to read another fan of Genesis over here...
Regards!
Mark.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:15 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post
Hi, Chicken, welcome!!!
Your CD collection is really amazing. You've got them all!!
Nice to read another fan of Genesis over here...
Regards!
Mark.
Thanks bro! I got 25 Years - The Chain today and I'm currently obsessed with the song Make Me A Mask...
Old 01-18-2014, 03:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My name is Leanna
I turn 20 in exactly 2 weeks
I'm a music major and I want to be a famous singer
Old 01-18-2014, 09:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by singertobe View Post
My name is Leanna
I turn 20 in exactly 2 weeks
I'm a music major and I want to be a famous singer
Hi Leanna!

What type of voice are you, if I may be so nosy?

And good luck with the fame thing. I'm way too shy for that, m'self. Because, y'know, otherwise I'd totally be famous right now. Damn that shyness!