The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-04-2007, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question Does anyone else not give a good g*d damn about the SuperBowl?

All this hype over a football game. Anyone else not do the whole Superbowl thing?

Or is my suspicion correct that I am the only one in American who doesn't care?

I can't emphasize enough how much I despise football, that's part of my dislike of the game and this day. And honestly up until two days ago I had no clue who was even playing...but I overheard a coworker talking about it and found out.

So anyway, today is the day I stay far far away from tv and places with tvs...I usually watch something very opposite of Football...like a Romantic Comedy, some really really sappy chick flick, or Little House on the Prairie

Anyone else? Anyone?
Old 02-04-2007, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I still don't know who's playing, and I even voted in bucky's thread. The Cears vs. the Bolts? Whaaaaaaaaa?

Football is a stupid game. I'm just waiting for Stevie, then the TV switches to Animal Planet to watch the PUPPIES!!!
Old 02-04-2007, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: ... in the shadow of this strange, strong love of you

two things i hate:

football and junk food.

don't know who's playing. don't care. so many better things to do.

(like shopping!)

"We're rock stars. We are not nice."
Stevie Nicks, the sage mother goddess fierce gypsy bitch we adore.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixxxed View Post

I still don't know who's playing, and I even voted in bucky's thread. The Cears vs. the Bolts? Whaaaaaaaaa?

Football is a stupid game. I'm just waiting for Stevie, then the TV switches to Animal Planet to watch the PUPPIES!!!
Puppies! If I had cable I'd probably watch that as well....though I'd still feel like I was breaking my SUperbowl ban..as that's somewhat related

I'm not even watching Stevie As I said in the Stevie forum, if Paul McCartney can't bring me out of my ban, neither can Stevie...

I should say -for those who don't know...I have a completely irrational and unhealthy dislike for the game...no amount of convincing has been successful in making me think otherwise....because my reasons are so irrational....but I've managed to survive so far in our football-obsesed society
Old 02-04-2007, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You're not the only one. I didn't even know it was time for the Super Bowl until I saw the thread here about Stevie performing. Sports have always bored the **** out of me...football, baseball, basketball...I hate all of them. You know how Dorothy and Blanche always reacted whenever Rose told a St. Olaf story on The Golden Girls? That's my reaction when somebody starts going on about sports.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^

Same here. Though other sports I don't mind...baseball I can handle, basketball too....but football brings out the hate in me.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't give a damn about the Superbowl no, but I love football, our football. I am this crazy whenever the World Championship or European Championship final or Champion's League final is on, so I can understand the hype.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Not everyone is going to enjoy the same things. After all, what fun would that be?
Old 02-04-2007, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Unless they go to Locker Room Cam, I will never watch the Super Bowl. I am watching the pre show, and I did watch Diana Ross at the halftime show, like 10 years ago, but that's it.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I couldn't care less.

But, most people I know do care, so I'll fake a little interest in it. You know, just so they don't lynch me.
Old 02-04-2007, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I couldn't care less.

But, most people I know do care, so I'll fake a little interest in it. You know, just so they don't lynch me.
I did that enough as a kid - mostly so that my asshole uncle wouldn't call me names and tell me to get my fat ass out of the house if I didn't like football...

So now? I don't even fake the interest - the last time I went to a Superbowl party my best friend and I pissed off everyone simply because we sat in another room and played games, laughed, had a good time....what the hell did they care that we didn't want to watch the game? But we actually offended people

Now I just keep a low profile and watch chick stuff on TV
Old 02-04-2007, 03:13 PM
seeker007nmss
This message has been deleted by seeker007nmss.
Old 02-04-2007, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: In a dream. looking through a crystal glass or a piece of crystal or a diamond or something.

I couldn't care less about the SB, but I'm a big baseball fan so I get why people are excited. I just don't like football. I'm going to the theater this afternoon, myself.
Old 02-04-2007, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I couldn't care less about the Superbowl. I'm just not a football fan.
Basketball is more my thing (GO SPURS GO!). I usually end up at a party on Superbowl Sunday with friends that I've known for 20-something years and we get our drink on and we like the commercials.

I'm excited about Stevie being on, though!

And Rickypt, you are doing the BEST thing -- no one will be at the movies and you'll get a nice, big empty theater. Which is my favorite way to see a film! LOL

rbs
Old 02-04-2007, 03:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna View Post
I did that enough as a kid - mostly so that my asshole uncle wouldn't call me names and tell me to get my fat ass out of the house if I didn't like football...

So now? I don't even fake the interest - the last time I went to a Superbowl party my best friend and I pissed off everyone simply because we sat in another room and played games, laughed, had a good time....what the hell did they care that we didn't want to watch the game? But we actually offended people

Now I just keep a low profile and watch chick stuff on TV
God forbid you don't like what they like!!!
My cousin just blew back into town, from KY(he's been gone for 7 weeks). He wants to go to our local redneck bar, and watch the SB. So looks like I'll be paying fake attention!
Old 02-04-2007, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up I care in a way...

because when the Super Bowl is over, Baseball is just a few weeks from the opening of Spring Training & NASCAR is exactly 2 weeks away from the Daytona 500.

I've always been a bigger Baseball fan than Football.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."